[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL] ArrowOS 12.1 for LG G8 (alphaplus / alphalm)

Search This thread

Bookcake001

May 18, 2022
yes, I'm also having problems with games. I just said that in addition to the problem in games, there is also the problem of mirroring
Ok I was unaware of any problems with mirroring, never tried it. Let's hope there can be a fix for both issues. I mostly game and have never even tried the mirroring so I wouldn't have guessed it.

xxt712

Jul 18, 2020
Ok I was unaware of any problems with mirroring, never tried it. Let's hope there can be a fix for both issues. I mostly game and have never even tried the mirroring so I wouldn't have guessed it.
I tested a new pixel experience plus rom.This error appeared. It doesn't even open the games No Google Play Store Key (No OBB found and no store key)

Bookcake001

May 18, 2022
I had the same issue with games, I tried smartpack kernel manager to put the gpu on performance mode and that solved it
I'm guessing that'll require root? If I needed to root my device as it is right now will all I have to do is flash magisk then factory reset? Or flash magisk without reset? I unlocked my bootloader, installed twrp, installed arrows os 12.1 using the required method, I'm on arrow recovery.

fandanguitop

Dec 1, 2021
I'm guessing that'll require root? If I needed to root my device as it is right now will all I have to do is flash magisk then factory reset? Or flash magisk without reset? I unlocked my bootloader, installed twrp, installed arrows os 12.1 using the required method, I'm on arrow recovery.
It requires root. You have to install magisk via qfil.

Bookcake001

May 18, 2022
You made some wrong steps.
First, if you can enter ArrowOS, it means the rom is already installed. You don't need to reinstall it via Arrow recovery. Remember the rom is always flashed to the inactive slot.
Second, if you want to have Magisk, just go to Arrow recovery and apply update, select Magisk zip file.

You said about boot_b kernel patched. Where does it come from? If you patched stock boot.img, it won't work with custom rom.

Get back to your current situation. My assumption is your TWRP is at slot A. After you installed the rom in TWRP, the ArrowOS was installed in slot B. You rebooted to Arrow Recovery (slot B) and flashed ArrowOS again, it was installed to slot A. And now you have ArrowOS in both slots. If you didn't switch slot from Arrow recovery, you are still in slot B.
To resolve this issue, I think you will need to flash Arrow boot.img to your active slot (Slot B I guess)
Try this one: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664837147
How do you flash this file? Using arrow recovery I don't see the file. Use adb? I cant boot to arrow os in slot b after I install magisk.

Bookcake001

May 18, 2022
You need to get your boot file using qfil, patch it with magisk then in qfil replace your current boot img with the patched one, atleast that's how i did it
Thank you, it worked rooted and on arrows os 12.1. so now back to the gaming performance, I installed smart pack and have been browsing through the settings. Did you change the gpu governor to performance and that stopped the hitching and crashing? What exactly did you do to fix?

fandanguitop

Dec 1, 2021
Thank you, it worked rooted and on arrows os 12.1. so now back to the gaming performance, I installed smart pack and have been browsing through the settings. Did you change the gpu governor to performance and that stopped the hitching and crashing? What exactly did you do to fix?
I only changed the gpu governor to performance and the crashes and stutter were gone

bertram945

Nov 27, 2017
I have successfully installed this ROM to my LG G8, but it seems that it does not have root permission

Bookcake001

May 18, 2022
I have successfully installed this ROM to my LG G8, but it seems that it does not have root permission
In qfil back up the boot slot you are using whether it's a or b, send it to your device, install magisk apk, patch boot img using magisk, go back to qfil and replace your original boot with the magisk patched version. Reboot and you'll have root.

vini14zimm

Jul 10, 2022
Casa manual
someone help me, I ended up getting confused and write the boot_a.bin over what should be the boot_b.bin and now my device is only in fast boot mode

what I do ?
1657486463772.png

vini14zimm

Jul 10, 2022
Casa manual
can someone who has installed Arrow-v12.1-alphalm-UNOFFICIAL-20220627-GAPPS please send me the boot_a.bin and boot_b.bin files?, I installed Arrow os and when trying to root I unintentionally destroyed my boot_b.bin and I need that file, I would be happy if someone could help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD (ONLY GAPPS VARIANT)

Guide for flash ROM:
    1. Boot TWRP
    2. Make backups
    3. Tap Install -> Select Rom zip
    4. Go to reboot menu -> Select opposite inactive Slot
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Now in Arrow Recovery
    7. Factory reset
    8. Apply Update -> Flash Magisk if any
    9. Reboot system now

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/anht3889/android_kernel_lge_sm8150
    Hi all - first, about the download link, it is AndroidFileHost issue and I have no way to make it work. I just create MegaDrive account for new upcoming builds. The alphaplus test build is already uploaded into it.
    Second, perhaps my kernel is causing the issues. This weekend I will try to use kernel source from Markus (v50 dev) to see if these issues still happen or not.

If you guys still want to use my ROM, please be patient. I still have my own life and this rom was created for my personal use initially. Because there are no devs for G8, I decided to share it here and didn't expect any donation. I'm really new to Android rom development and ArrowOS is my very first rom which I have ever built.
    Happy new year all! New builds are uploaded into Megadrive: https://mega.nz/folder/iQFXCSAa#N_SqYZA1TptEJVyPVg5iXw

Michael Smirnov helps me to test alphaplus build and he says its battery is better now.
    Two new builds are uploaded. Don't expect battery draing is fixed. I'm still need to investigate it.
    I found the developer in the telegram channel https://t.me/v50thinq and asked him to update the latest firmware version. Here is the link, lets download, install and test))) https://mega.nz/folder/XEEVDCIR#QtlnMaX2mq9juB8GGyoUHw

Bluetooth music now works for me, DAC works too. The battery drain i began to be tested.
    The speaker with phoinecall is not working properly. The interlocutor hears himself during a telephone conversation. Ie noise reduction does not work. Check out how you are with that.

Otherwise, everything is perfect!