[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL] ArrowOS 12.1 for LG G8 (alphaplus / alphalm)

Search This thread

Eljay227

Jun 5, 2018
I have a LG G8 sprint unlocked. I unlocked bootloader, gained root, installed twrp then installed Arrow-v12.0-alphalm-UNOFFICIAL-20211104-GAPPS.zip per instructions.

Everything works smooth, but i don't have face unlock. Is it an issue with the rom or i missed something? Anyone else missing face unlock?

Thanks

quantan

Jan 26, 2011
So far i've noticed, no face unlock, no NFC. Let me know when you try it. maybe i missed something
Thank for reporting the NFC issue. I didn't notice NFC since I didn't use it. I will fix it in the upcoming build.
There will be no face unlock tbh. G8 is using TOF face unlock and there are no custom roms supporting it. It may take lots of time to make the face unlock work again. 2D face unlock is useless and removed from Android project long time ago.

Eljay227

Jun 5, 2018
Thank for reporting the NFC issue. I didn't notice NFC since I didn't use it. I will fix it in the upcoming build.
There will be no face unlock tbh. G8 is using TOF face unlock and there are no custom roms supporting it. It may take lots of time to make the face unlock work again. 2D face unlock is useless and removed from Android project long time ago.
Thanks! Will be highly expecting the update. The rom is really smooth. Just gave my G8 new life. Also can you recommend a camera app? As the default camera app only detects one of the rear cameras. No ultrawide. Thanks again for your work.

Pypy50

Nov 6, 2021
Thanks! Will be highly expecting the update. The rom is really smooth. Just gave my G8 new life. Also can you recommend a camera app? As the default camera app only detects one of the rear cameras. No ultrawide. Thanks again for your work.
now l unlocked the bootloader and gainded root but l'm stuck with install TWRP can u explain me or some guide plz.

pyhabyss

Jul 30, 2021
thanks .all is good,the nfc works fine. but when i install magisk ,twrp is lost, and vice versa. this two can't survive together on my g8. is there anthing i should do for this ?

quantan

Jan 26, 2011
i'm not sticking to TWRP, but i also lost the Arrow rec after i flash Magisk, every time...
another thing is that Wechat truly FC at the latest version. sorry can't send logs
You don't lost Arrow recovery, actually. Magisk makes it can't boot in the normal way. The new way to access recovery after installing Magisk is holding Vol+ after you restart the phone (without plugging in cable).

pyhabyss

Jul 30, 2021
You don't lost Arrow recovery, actually. Magisk makes it can't boot in the normal way. The new way to access recovery after installing Magisk is holding Vol+ after you restart the phone (without plugging in cable).
yes, i see it, sincerely appreciate for your reply and help!
btw, i have tried another sevral times, the FC happened at the VANILLA version, didn't with the gapps version.
it's really so kind of you!

Jimmynidas

Dec 1, 2010
When the instructions say to "Go to reboot menu -> Select opposite inactive Slot", does this mean to select the active slot or select the inactive slot?

jackeyloveno1

Apr 4, 2021
  • When I unlock the screen or cut back to the home screen, there is a probability that red light will flash on both sides of the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOAD (ONLY GAPPS VARIANT)

Guide for flash ROM:
    1. Boot TWRP
    2. Make backups
    3. Tap Install -> Select Rom zip
    4. Go to reboot menu -> Select opposite inactive Slot
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Now in Arrow Recovery
    7. Factory reset
    8. Apply Update -> Flash Magisk if any
    9. Reboot system now

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source- https://github.com/anht3889/android_kernel_lge_sm8150
    Hi all - first, about the download link, it is AndroidFileHost issue and I have no way to make it work. I just create MegaDrive account for new upcoming builds. The alphaplus test build is already uploaded into it.
    Second, perhaps my kernel is causing the issues. This weekend I will try to use kernel source from Markus (v50 dev) to see if these issues still happen or not.

If you guys still want to use my ROM, please be patient. I still have my own life and this rom was created for my personal use initially. Because there are no devs for G8, I decided to share it here and didn't expect any donation. I'm really new to Android rom development and ArrowOS is my very first rom which I have ever built.
    Happy new year all! New builds are uploaded into Megadrive: https://mega.nz/folder/iQFXCSAa#N_SqYZA1TptEJVyPVg5iXw

Michael Smirnov helps me to test alphaplus build and he says its battery is better now.
    Two new builds are uploaded. Don't expect battery draing is fixed. I'm still need to investigate it.
    I found the developer in the telegram channel https://t.me/v50thinq and asked him to update the latest firmware version. Here is the link, lets download, install and test))) https://mega.nz/folder/XEEVDCIR#QtlnMaX2mq9juB8GGyoUHw

Bluetooth music now works for me, DAC works too. The battery drain i began to be tested.
    The speaker with phoinecall is not working properly. The interlocutor hears himself during a telephone conversation. Ie noise reduction does not work. Check out how you are with that.

Otherwise, everything is perfect!