[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 [sumire] [STABLE]

Search This thread

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
There's patches for bringing back the old non-BPF network traffic monitoring support.
I've tried this (plus revert of commit 916d2395cc28144261cf6b2a9c528680659f18fd in system/bpf; otherwise isBpfSupported() is unknown!). But unfortunately it shows the same as before: Nothing (0 byte traffic).
And, curiosiously, there seems to miss some SELinux permissions, because in enforcing mode the setting app crashes on and on. Only in permissive mode it works; but I can't figure out which permissions are missing...
Every hint is welcome!

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
I've tried this (plus revert of commit 916d2395cc28144261cf6b2a9c528680659f18fd in system/bpf; otherwise isBpfSupported() is unknown!). But unfortunately it shows the same as before: Nothing (0 byte traffic).
Only reverting that commit in system/bpf is not sufficient. All that brings back is a isBpfSupported() function that just returns true, no matter what, and so it's useless.

You need the two commits here and here in system/bpf. (Rebased to have these two to give proper credits, rather than the single commit, by the way) Second one adds a proper isBpfSupported() function that returns false if the ro.kernel.ebpf.supported property is set to false.

These patches work fine on the two devices I'm using them for, so no ideas in case of any issues.
And, curiously, there seems to miss some SELinux permissions, because in enforcing mode the setting app crashes on and on. Only in permissive mode it works; but I can't figure out which permissions are missing...
Haven't ever observed anything like that. Got denials to address from AVC messages in a log from either dmesg or logcat, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Berni-0815

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

K9100ii

Nov 8, 2018
So, this value should be set to "false" in my device's system.prop? Or is "false" the default value?
Yes, it should be set to "false" for BPF not being supported. "true" is the default.
I'm using "audit2allow" to get those informations.

Will give it another try asap.
To be honest, you should address denials manually at times, and not overuse such a tool. It isn't so involved, just time-consuming, something to learn (that isn't so complicated, only a few details from an AVC denial message are needed), and it needs a lot of decision-making (for example, if a denial should actually be addressed (in cases where everything seems to work fine with it), or if a rule should be restricted to a limited context rather than granting full access to, for example, the entirety of sysfs). You can only get so far with such a tool.

Reactions: Berni-0815

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
1st: Mobile data traffic is now working.
2nd: The only left "avc:" beside hints to secd_exec are these two:
Code:
08-30 21:56:25.559   517   517 I auditd  : type=1400 audit(0.0:131): avc: denied { ioctl } for comm="tad_static" path="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1" dev="tmpfs" ino=1782 ioctlcmd=1260 scontext=u:r:tad:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:trim_area_partition_device:s0 tclass=blk_file permissive=1
08-30 21:56:25.559   517   517 I tad_static: type=1400 audit(0.0:131): avc: denied { ioctl } for path="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1" dev="tmpfs" ino=1782 ioctlcmd=1260 scontext=u:r:tad:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:trim_area_partition_device:s0 tclass=blk_file permissive=1
That's what I wanted to say with "curiosiously"...

Ramon111

Aug 1, 2022
Hello, I have some issue with brightness, LCD suddenly dims (to about 50%) and brightness slider doesnt react in the second half of its track when trying increase it . Only reset of the phone helps. This issue was also with lineageos 18, lineageos 17 was OK.

psi78

Hello, I have some issue with brightness, LCD suddenly dims (to about 50%) and brightness slider doesnt react in the second half of its track when trying increase it . Only reset of the phone helps. This issue was also with lineageos 18, lineageos 17 was OK.
I tried this ROM now too (used Bitgapps for Android 12.1 in addition) and can confirm that.

It happened to me too several times outside today that the brightness got dimmed suddenly and didn't react anymore to the brightness slider.
Had to reboot to fix it and recognize anything in the sun then.
I'm having auto brightness off, when the problem occured i tried also auto brightness on, but didn't help.

Otherwise great work.

psi78

Recording WhatsApp audio messages is still bugged on this ROM (as in LOS18), logcat attached.
When i try to record an audio message in WhatsApp it doesn't record anything.
Additionally when i click on any audio message in WhatsApp, the screen goes off. Weird.
Logcat and dmesg attached in ZIP.
Seems audio recording level is too low (see screenshot)

Edit: hmm maybe this thread could be a hint, they're mentioning to turn off qualcomm encoder and use aac instead

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923-001226_MatLog.png
    Screenshot_20220923-001226_MatLog.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 37
  • logs-2022-09-23-00-08-46.zip
    33.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sir Charles82

Sep 7, 2015
Vienna
Hey @ all,

I have a Sony Z5 (E6653) in unchanged state (i.e. Android Nougat stock installed) and would like to use the phone (once was my working phone but after stuck at Nougat was quickly changed).

I've read through several threads dealing with the backup of the TA-partition and saving the DRM keys.

My questions:
1. backing up the TA partition is still only possible by flashing Lollipop, saving the TA partition, using this (https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-back...n-and-root-the-device-detailed-guide.3479532/) guide? Or this second one: https://xdaforums.com/t/universal-dirtycow-based-ta-backup-v2.3514236/
2. is the backup necessary? I surely won't sell the phone, I'm willing to use it until it melts in my hands ;-) Is there a drm-fix included in this LOS-build?
3. I've generated the code for unlocking the bootloader, does this guides linked above after backing up the TA partitions still apply?
4. I have the smart cover, which is connected through NFC... will this work? Although after factory reset it won't work under the stock rom,....

Any help will be appreciated

dogansan

Sep 2, 2022
Whatsapp web QR scannning to login in my laptop and desktop is big trouble with this gcam. Is there any solution to this issue? Otherwise, I am OK with taking picture with gcam or open cam mod recommended by @Harley .

An additional info is I can login Wechat on PC by snanning QR code very quickly.

https://xdaforums.com/t/qr-code-sca...orking-with-honor-8-pro.3638354/post-79057859 . This seems to work

Update : This works quicker than above method. https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-9-0-oneui-n920x-g92x-floyd-note8-port-v5-1.3882804/post-81770347

Last edited:

dogansan

Sep 2, 2022
I need to report another issue: servicemenu and secret codes such as *#*#7378423#* #* is not working anymore after moving from 7.1.1 to Lineage 19.1. I understand that /system/app/ServiceMenu folder ve ServiceMenu.apk is missing. I extracted my stock ServiceMenu folder from original E6633_32.4.A.1.54_1297-9122_R2E.ftf and then from system.sin, mounted system.ext4 . Copied the folder to /system/app/ , but it did not work. I think there is a symlink from /ServiceMenu/lib/arm64/libservicemenu.so to /system/lib64/libservicemenu.so, but this file is missing in our /system/lib64 folder and I don't know how to create this symlink. I copied stock file libservicemenu.so to /ServiceMenu/lib/arm64/ then I wrote ln -s //system/lib64/libservicemenu.so ./symlink but it gave an error "libc: Access denied finding property "libc.debug.malloc.options" . I see that it is not that simple creating a symlink in android. Any idea or suggestion is appreciated. I had tried this in TWRP recovery.

Then I tried the same as follows in my linux :

adb shell "ln -sf /system/lib64/libservicemenu.so /system/app/ServiceMenu/lib/arm64/"
libc: Access denied finding property "libc.debug.malloc.options"
libc: Access denied finding property "ro.debuggable"
libc: Access denied finding property "libc.debug.malloc.options"
libc: Access denied finding property "ro.debuggable"

It gives same error

Last edited:

dogansan

Sep 2, 2022
Ok! well here's my update regarding the rom.
-Brightness still looks low
-Mic is better than before
-Camera Works on Full 23mp even without the Camera Api Legacy/1 Enabled (Open Camera)
-the app twitter is just pure mess (unusable) runs but is super laggy

Edit
Photos takes a while to save on Open Camera.
Any solution you found to laggy Twitter ? It was initially acceptable when I first installed Lineage , but a couple days later the sluggish scroll started. I have installed several apps, magisk, Lsposed and some modules but I don't know if any of these apps may interfere with twitter. I also updated Google apps via Playstore

Edit 1: I found a temporary solution by using twitter web version inside Opera browser, acceptable scrolling , better than nothing.

Edit 2 : Twitter lite also runs smooth

Last edited:

Ramon111

Aug 1, 2022
Hello guys, I have used this rom for several days and found these problems.
LCD brightness lives its own life suddenly from normal level down to the lowest and back when light in room not change, after some time the LCD get dim permanently and reboot needed.
Proximity sensor does not work, during a call the LCD is black.
Default camera work odd, taking a snap lasts veeery long, flashlight goes first and snap is taken several seconds after, many times the camera stuck during the first atempt to take a picture and reboot needed. The Open camera app works much better.
During a videocall (Viber) the camera freezes after about 15-20 min. (always) and reboot needed.
Otherwise very nice rom, but especially the LCD bug make usage very uncomfortable, other bugs are not so important for me.

Ramon111

Aug 1, 2022
Found that the problem with stuck camera solve killing system/bin/cameraserver_kitakami, the camera starts working again but it does not solve it permanently.
The LCD dimm bug is a problem with max brightness value. After reboot the value is 4095, after some time something happens and the value is overwritten to 255, the lcd get dimm and remains so until reboot is performed. I solve it by changing permissions in Root explorer /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/max_brightness (uncheck all write permissions), but after every reboot it must be done again cause default permission status is booted. For permanent solution must be changed boot image or a script made and I am not so expirienced to solve it this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: v@h!d

psi78

Hi! I saw this repository on the L18.1 and was wondering if this will be able to fix the Digital Zoom, Focus and other camera related stuff?

sumire: add missing camera blobs (Github: linckandrea / proprietary_vendor_sony_kitakami)
Those look like @linckandrea sources for sumire's crdroid 11, so i guess no (i'm using that rom's latest version of Nov 2021). It's just adding missing libraries to the ROM. (Edit: tarkzim's sources contain similar libs, just slightly different naming:
vendor/sony/kitakami-common/proprietary/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so:system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_chromaflash_lib.so \
vendor/sony/kitakami-common/proprietary/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_optizoom_lib.so:system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_optizoom_lib.so \
vendor/sony/kitakami-common/proprietary/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_ubifocus_lib.so:system/vendor/lib/libmmcamera_ubifocus_lib.so \
See
https://github.com/Sony-MSM8994-Dev...9.1/kitakami-common/kitakami-common-vendor.mk )

Edit2: Hmm ok sorry @_harley did just read that error log here by @dogansan, so possibly those libs are important, my bad: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-11-0-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-sumire-stable.4174189/post-87532105

Atm the best method (for the newer android versions on sumire) to improve camera on close range / documents is what i descibed already in LOS18 and crdroid thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-kernel-unofficial-11-0-crdroid.4284023/post-87384349
And when using open camera for close distance photos in not optimal lighting conditions, turning on flashlight (torch/in the open camera app) also helps a lot.

Last edited:

psi78

Hi! I saw this repository on the L18.1 and was wondering if this will be able to fix the Digital Zoom, Focus and other camera related stuff?

sumire: add missing camera blobs (Github: linckandrea / proprietary_vendor_sony_kitakami)
Interestingly Sony AOSP documentation for Xperia Z5 says their AOSP project supports 20 MP camera:
See https://developer.sony.com/develop/...functionality/current-platform-functionality/

Sony SoftwareOpen Devices
Kernel3.103.10
Android versionAndroid 7.1Android 6.1, Android 7.1
Main camera capability23 MP Sony Exmor RS™ for mobile sensor, Hybrid Autofocus 0.03 sec, 5 x Clear Image Zoom, Up to 8x Digital Zoom20MP

psi78

Hmm,

Hmm interesting, certain versions of HTC camera app work on crdroid 11 and support 20 and 23 MP, possibly on LOS 18/19 too, see https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-kernel-unofficial-11-0-crdroid.4284023/post-87630773
No photo preview though, so kinda similar to the patched open camera version you posted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Bluetooth Headphone (Media / In-Call)
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • Double Tap to Wake
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • FM Radio
    • RIL (LTE/Call/SMS)
    • GPS
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot (2.4/5Ghz)
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • Torch
    • NFC
    • LED lights
    • Sensors
    • ExFAT SDCard
    • Hardware Encryption (?)
    • USB OTG (From Quick tiles -> Add USB OTG tile -> Press it)

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
    • E6603, E6633, E6653, E6683

Downloads
    Recovery : My Unofficial TWRP (Doesn't support decryption)
    Gapps : NikGApps 12.0
    Rom : Download

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • @ Myself5
    • @ Olivier97
    • all sony-msm8994 contributors.

Contributors
    tarkzim
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Changelogs

2022/08/07
    • Updated with August security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    2022/08/02
    • Fixed Camera/Camcorder including preview, but unfortunately no 23MP supports.
    2022/07/30
    • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r11 with July security patches.
    • Partially fixed Camera/Torch light (Read descriptions below)
      For now, Camera HAL loaded correctly but you can't see preview in camera apps, especially stock Camera app, Install Open Camera will let you "Capture" the photos with "23MP" resolutions magically. But I have no idea how to fix viewfinder/camera preview at the moment, at least some progress has been made huh?
    • Bring back more LiveDisplay features, without breaking CPU deepsleep.
    2022/06/14
    • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r7 with June security patches.
    2022/04/07
    • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r4 with April security patches.
    • Updated stock app icons.
    2022/03/22
    • Fixed Fingerprint enrollment screen crashing on previous build.
    • Fixed vibration strengths.
    • Fixed Vulkan support.
    • Fixed Fingerprint location hint animation while enrolling.
    2022/03/20
    • Updated to Android 12L with March security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 19.1.
    • Clean flash recommended.
    2022/03/12
    • Updated to Android 12.0.0_r29 with February security patches.
    • Fixed Fingerprint sensor enrollment.
    • Bring back FM Radio.
    2022/01/21
    • Initial release of LineageOS 19.0 for Z5.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r4 with April security patches.
    • Updated stock app icons.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r11 with July security patches.
    • Partially fixed Camera/Torch light (Read descriptions below)
      For now, Camera HAL loaded correctly but you can't see preview in camera apps, especially stock Camera app, Install Open Camera will let you "Capture" the photos with "23MP" resolutions magically. But I have no idea how to fix viewfinder/camera preview at the moment, at least some progress has been made huh?
    • Bring back more LiveDisplay features, without breaking CPU deepsleep.