[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 [yuga] [STABLE]

Search This thread

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
MindtheGApps flashing fails:

"Process updater ended with error: 1"

I'll try different GApps.

Edit: There isn't really an alternative (OpenGApps and BitGApps don't offer packages for Android 12L yet and Nick/FlameGApps don't offer ARM packages). So I'd consider this a major issue. I'll try with a MicroG.zip package.

Edit 2: Stuck in boot animation with MicroG zip.

Also, it still deletes my recovery (TWRP) even though I flashed it after installing the lineage zip. That really needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

Nate_Lines

Dec 4, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks for the new release guys! I recently got my Xperia back after years and have tried installing this. Unfortunately, I am now stuck in bootloop. I cannot enter the recovery either, but I can get into fastboot mode. Can anyone advice what's the quickest method to install this ROM given my current circumstances? Thanks in advance!

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for the new release guys! I recently got my Xperia back after years and have tried installing this. Unfortunately, I am now stuck in bootloop. I cannot enter the recovery either, but I can get into fastboot mode. Can anyone advice what's the quickest method to install this ROM given my current circumstances? Thanks in advance!
Flash most recent TWRP image on boot with ADB in fastboot (fastboot devices; fastboot flash boot twrpfilename.img), then in TWRP flash the TWRP zip creating a recovery partition if not there already, then flash the TWRP image over that. Then flash Lineage 18.1 or whatever as zip.

Oh, and you may need a driver so Windows accepts the device in fastboot mode.

Nate_Lines

Dec 4, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Flash most recent TWRP image on boot with ADB in fastboot (fastboot devices; fastboot flash boot twrpfilename.img), then in TWRP flash the TWRP zip creating a recovery partition if not there already, then flash the TWRP image over that. Then flash Lineage 18.1 or whatever as zip.

Oh, and you may need a driver so Windows accepts the device in fastboot mode.
Thanks for your quick response, Alias, i appreciate it!

I am on Linux so drivers are not an issue, I can see my device in fastboot mode. I only have one question at this stage. I have flashed the TWRP recovery but how do I create a recovery partition? Also, why do I need to flash the recovery twice? Thanks again in advance!

UPDATE: I tried to install the latest Lineage but it's on bootloop again, giving me an error of "Encryption Unsuccessful". Not sure what this is about?

Last edited:

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for your quick response, Alias, i appreciate it!

I am on Linux so drivers are not an issue, I can see my device in fastboot mode. I only have one question at this stage. I have flashed the TWRP recovery but how do I create a recovery partition? Also, why do I need to flash the recovery twice? Thanks again in advance!
Because these Sonys don't have a classic recovery partition. It first needs to be created in another area, called FOTA (something for OTA updates on Stock). Confused me at first too. Basically, there's a zip on XDA which runs a script creating that FOTA recovery and then flashes TWRP 3.2.x, after that you want to update it to 3.6.x. So including the temporary install on boot you have to flash TWRP 3 times:

1. img on boot with your PC to be able to even flash other stuff on the device
2. zip creating recovery
3. img on recovery

Not much effort thought. Then you can flash any ROM and overwrite boot with it, cause you now have a recovery.

Nate_Lines

Dec 4, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Because these Sonys don't have a classic recovery partition. It first needs to be created in another area, called FOTA (something for OTA updates on Stock). Confused me at first too. Basically, there's a zip on XDA which runs a script creating that FOTA recovery and then flashes TWRP 3.2.x, after that you want to update it to 3.6.x. So including the temporary install on boot you have to flash TWRP 3 times:

1. img on boot with your PC to be able to even flash other stuff on the device
2. zip creating recovery
3. img on recovery

Not much effort thought. Then you can flash any ROM and overwrite boot with it, cause you now have a recovery.
Okay yes, I think I understand the process a bit better now, thanks a lot for the additional information, Alias. I have done the first two steps successfully, but now I'm getting an error if I try to flash the newer version of TWRP on recovery via fastboot:

Code:
Sending 'recovery' (13308 KB)                      OKAY [  0.427s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Do you know why I may be getting this error?

UPDATE: I searched around a bit and it seems to be related to what you where saying, that these Sony phones don't have a dedicated recovery partition, so I could not flash the recovery directly in the recovery partition. However, that confuses me, as I ran the FOTA script, so shouldn't a recovery partition now exist?

Last edited:

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
Okay yes, I think I understand the process a bit better now, thanks a lot for the additional information, Alias. I have done the first two steps successfully, but now I'm getting an error if I try to flash the newer version of TWRP on recovery via fastboot:

Code:
Sending 'recovery' (13308 KB)                      OKAY [  0.427s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Do you know why I may be getting this error?

UPDATE: I searched around a bit and it seems to be related to what you where saying, that these Sony phones don't have a dedicated recovery partition, so I could not flash the recovery directly in the recovery partition. However, that confuses me, as I ran the FOTA script, so shouldn't a recovery partition now exist?
Kind of does, but only TWRP recognizes it, not ADB. That's the reason why we've been flashing boot in the first place, so you can flash recovery on device in a working TWRP. Understood? As soon as you flashed boot successfully, leave fastboot, restart device into TWRP, mount, push the files on the internal storage/sd and then send your PC to sleep. THEN flash recovery zip then recovery image then any system imagine, and GApps or whatever.

Oh, and small warning, some ROMs may automatically install their own, less capable Lineage recovery (Lin 15.1 microG for example). Because you can't flash recovery with ADB on this device, and Lineage recovery can't flash TWRP, you may be locked out and have to repeat flashing boot, unless you flash TWRP.img on recovery again directly after flashing Rom.zip before rebooting.

Last edited:

Nate_Lines

Dec 4, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Kind of does, but only TWRP recognizes it, not ADB. That's the reason why we've been flashing boot in the first place, so you can flash recovery on device in a working TWRP. Understood? As soon as you flashed boot successfully, leave fastboot, restart device into TWRP, mount, push the files on the internal storage/sd and then send your PC to sleep. THEN flash recovery zip then recovery image then any system imagine, and GApps or whatever.

Oh, and small warning, some ROMs may automatically install their own, less capable Lineage recovery (Lin 15.1 microG for example). Because you can't flash recovery with ADB on this device, and Lineage recovery can't flash TWRP, you may be locked out and have to repeat flashing boot, unless you flash TWRP.img on recovery again directly after flashing Rom.zip before rebooting.
Thanks, the process is all clear to me now. I have followed all the steps (including reflashing TWRP.img on recovery again directly after flashing Rom.zip and before rebooting) but I'm still getting the same error.

Not sure what it may be at this point. Perhaps I should try flashing a different ROM? I'll report back here after trying.

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
Thanks, the process is all clear to me now. I have followed all the steps (including reflashing TWRP.img on recovery again directly after flashing Rom.zip and before rebooting) but I'm still getting the same error.

Not sure what it may be at this point. Perhaps I should try flashing a different ROM? I'll report back here after trying.
Wait, you are flashing 19.1? That one is currently broken, I reported it a few posts ago, no matter how well you follow the steps. Go with 18.1

Nate_Lines

Dec 4, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Wait, you are flashing 19.1? That one is currently broken, I reported it a few posts ago, no matter how well you follow the steps. Go with 18.1
Oh, I feel silly for missing that, my bad! I have tried with 18.1 but I'm still getting the same error. The big difference here is that when I get the "Encryption Unsuccessful" error I can click on "Erase data" and the "Factory data reset" starts, but gets stuck in there. Oh, and I can see the clock and battery indicators now, as well as the nav buttons and power menu, so I think it's progress xD Also, the recovery has been flashed successfully as I can now access it directly from the phone. Do you know what else I could try?

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
Oh, I feel silly for missing that, my bad! I have tried with 18.1 but I'm still getting the same error. The big difference here is that when I get the "Encryption Unsuccessful" error I can click on "Erase data" and the "Factory data reset" starts, but gets stuck in there. Oh, and I can see the clock and battery indicators now, as well as the nav buttons and power menu, so I think it's progress xD Also, the recovery has been flashed successfully as I can now access it directly from the phone. Do you know what else I could try?
Not sure honestly. An encryption error is odd, considering it shouldn't even try to encrypt. Testet the last official Lineage 15.1 yet?

EinNeuling

May 22, 2022
Are older versions also broken? E.g.

lineage-19.1-20220408-UNOFFICIAL-yuga.zip

And do I necessarily need root to flash with this guide? Currently, LineageOS 15.1 is on it. I have rooted then with an app and currently have no root.

And if I need to root, what root instructions do I need to follow? Where can I find a suitable guide for installing TWRP?

Last edited:

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
Are older versions also broken? E.g.

lineage-19.1-20220408-UNOFFICIAL-yuga.zip

And do I necessarily need root to flash with this guide? Currently, LineageOS 15.1 is on it. I have rooted then with an app and currently have no root.

And if I need to root, what root instructions do I need to follow? Where can I find a suitable guide for installing TWRP?

At least one of these versions worked on its own, no idea which one, none worked with GApps as far as I'm aware.

No, you don't need root for anything, really. Just google for a guide. It's always the same, first getting adb and fastboot tool on your PC, then unlock the bootloader with the Sony unlock code. After that, get the Sony driver program so you can install the fastboot driver and flash recovery in fastboot mode (on boot partition n this device, described it for Nate_Lines pretty extensively a few posts ago). When you finally got your FOTA partition and TWRP on it any further flash is a cakewalk if you've ever used TWRP.

How time consuming and difficult it will be depends fully if you've already used adb/fastboot, bootloader unlock tools/codes, carrier (Sony) specific quirks (FOTA in our case) and TWRP in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: EinNeuling

EinNeuling

May 22, 2022
I have tried with 18.1 but I'm still getting the same error. The big difference here is that when I get the "Encryption Unsuccessful" error I can click on "Erase data" and the "Factory data reset" starts, but gets stuck in there.
Exactly the same also with me with 19.1. and 18.1.

Just installed 15.1 and it works correctly, so the problem seems to be with the newer versions. I wonder what that may be.
Which ROM for 15.1 did you use? I tried with some older ones in the forum here and then here with the following: Download Last Nightly Build (2020-02-21)
and open_gapps-arm-8.1-nano-20220215.zip
It starts and then comes the following error messages that do not go away!?:
- Android process media has stopped
- "Google Services Framework keeps stopping"
LineageOS_Error_15_1.jpg

I also tried with "LineageOS for microG": download.lineage.microg.org/yuga/
The error message comes again:
Android process media has stopped

And also: F-Droid isn't responding!? ...Updater has stopped

What could be the reason that it does not work?

P.S.:
I use TWRP 3.6.1_9-0
Before each installation I wipe the following:
- Dalvik / ART Cache
- System
- Data
- Internal Storage
- Cache

--> Install from MicroSD...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate_Lines

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • DT2W
    • FM Radio
    • Torch
    • RIL (DATA/Call/SMS)
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • NFC
    • LED lights
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • Touch screen
    • ExFAT SDCard

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
    • C6602,C6603,C6606

Downloads
    Recovery : Official TWRP
    Gapps : MindTheGapps 12.1
    Magisk (Flash under TWRP): Unofficial Flashable APK
    Rom : Download

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • all fusion3-common / apq8064 contributors.
    • @ CyberWalkMaN
    • @ AdrianDC
    • @ Chippa_a
    Thank you. I flashed the rom and apparently it works fine (at least so far). I also downloaded unofficial Open Gapps from here (Android 12L; pico variant was successfully installed). To directly access to these unofficial versions of Gapps , you may see this link.
    New build released
    • Fixed Camera/Camcorder
    • Fixed WiFi WPA3 connection issues.
    Thanks for building this rom.
    It works faster than LineageOS 18 in my xperia c6603 but need somethings to be fixed:
    - after succefully install the rom, we can't boot into TWRP recovery by using adb reboot recovery or by using power button and volume up botton during the boot, It only reboot and reboot to normal boot after passed a black screen in few second. For rooting the rom, need to go to the TWRP recovery. So that I flash the boot by Leneage18 boot.img in the bootloader mode and I use adb shell , dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot to restore the boot of Lineage19 then install magisk.apk.zip at the recovery and reboot.
    - The manual network selection still not work.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 12L with March security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 19.1.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • Clean flash recommended.