[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 [yuga] [STABLE]

Search This thread

EinNeuling

May 22, 2022
Another problem occurs with 15.1: When I turn on the WLAN, the smartphone restarts...
I hope that a stable 19.1 will come soon, with which I will not have such problems...

Nate_Lines

Dec 4, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Exactly the same also with me with 19.1. and 18.1.

Which ROM for 15.1 did you use? I tried with some older ones in the forum here and then here with the following: Download Last Nightly Build (2020-02-21)
and open_gapps-arm-8.1-nano-20220215.zip
It starts and then comes the following error messages that do not go away!?:
- Android process media has stopped
- "Google Services Framework keeps stopping"
View attachment 5621577

I also tried with "LineageOS for microG": download.lineage.microg.org/yuga/
The error message comes again:
Android process media has stopped

And also: F-Droid isn't responding!? ...Updater has stopped

What could be the reason that it does not work?

P.S.:
I use TWRP 3.6.1_9-0
Before each installation I wipe the following:
- Dalvik / ART Cache
- System
- Data
- Internal Storage
- Cache

--> Install from MicroSD...
I used the exam ROM you used, but I haven't installed gapps so I didn't get that error.
Problem solved!
I also clicked on "Format data" and then wipe again and then I was able to install it...
Sorry about my delayed response, but I'm happy you managed to solve the issue by formatting.
Another problem occurs with 15.1: When I turn on the WLAN, the smartphone restarts...
I hope that a stable 19.1 will come soon, with which I will not have such problems...
I don't have this WLAN issue. Have you tried installing the ROM without gapps? Not sure how it may be related but I guess it's worth a shot.

As for a stable 19.1, I completely agree with you. It's an old model and it makes sense if devs are not spending much time on it anymore, but it would be nice to have a recent OS with decent security standards to use the phone as a secondary driver.

Reactions: EinNeuling

EinNeuling

May 22, 2022
Did it stop deleting the recovery?
Thanks for the question! I had not checked that at all. As it seems I can no longer get into recovery (TWRP) with power + volume up (obviously the Recovery/TWRP has been deleted)....
When I reboot into the bootlooder (from the advanced reboot), I end up with a black screen and blue light (LED).
Otherwise LineageOS works fine.
You tried it with GApps or Vanilla?
I have only flashed LineageOS 19.1.
GApps I have not installed, but with APKPure installed the apps I need, including GoogleMaps and Google Translator.

I do not know now if the next update will work without TWRP???

Last edited:

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
Thanks for the question! I had not checked that at all. As it seems I can no longer get into recovery (TWRP) with power + volume up (obviously the Recovery/TWRP has been deleted)....
When I reboot into the bootlooder (from the advanced reboot), I end up with a black screen and blue light (LED).
Otherwise LineageOS works fine.

I have only flashed LineageOS 19.1.
GApps I have not installed, but with APKPure installed the apps I need, including GoogleMaps and Google Translator.

I do not know now if the next update will work without TWRP???
Okay that sucks, because as you know you can't reflash TWRP without installing it on boot, breaking the OS. I hope he'd finally fix that one thing?

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
New build released
  • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r7 with June security patches.
  • Upstream updates and fixes.
I don't want to be ungrateful, but can you please look into the whole "removes recovery when installed" thing? That's a pretty critical issue considering you can't flash recovery on this device without flashing it on boot.

SamwellsHmh

Jul 7, 2022
Hi,

I have followed the instructions and i am getting a few errors, can someone help me please?

When trying to install Gapps it fails and when booting up i am stuck on "Phone is Starting".

I have repeated the process on multiple occasions and i keep on getting the same problem each time, any advice anyone?

Device is a Sony Xperia z

EinNeuling

May 22, 2022
Hi,

I have followed the instructions and i am getting a few errors, can someone help me please?

When trying to install Gapps it fails and when booting up i am stuck on "Phone is Starting".

I have repeated the process on multiple occasions and i keep on getting the same problem each time, any advice anyone?

Device is a Sony Xperia z
I have already written above that it works without GApps (see link).
You can use an alternative like APKPure and install some GApps.

EinNeuling

May 22, 2022
New build released
  • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r11 with July security patches.
When I check in my Sony Xperia Z for an update, then the new update appears!?
Is this related to the fact that the last update has deleted the TWRP?
Has the current update solved this major problem?

Attachments

• SonyXperiaZ_Update_LOS.jpg
    SonyXperiaZ_Update_LOS.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
OK, is the problem with deleting the recovery (TWRP) solved then?

I also need to see how I can flash TWRP again. It was a very long time ago when I had done that....
I've written myself some notes about that while ago, will copy them here if you don't manage to do it yourself.

Apart from that, if the ROM removes the recovery the system can factually not be updated even if there was an OTA.

temporarium

I've written myself some notes about that while ago, will copy them here if you don't manage to do it yourself.

Apart from that, if the ROM removes the recovery the system can factually not be updated even if there was an OTA.
You have to fastboot the recovery from a PC, then you can flash the new ROM from the recovery of via adb sideload.

The problem is that you always have to reflash the recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can I use this rom with Locked bootloader?
    Hi no you can't
    Can you please build it for Sony Xperia ZL as well ?
    New build released
    • Updated with August security patches.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera / Camcorder
    • DT2W
    • FM Radio
    • Torch
    • RIL (DATA/Call/SMS)
    • WiFi
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
    • NFC
    • LED lights
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • Touch screen
    • ExFAT SDCard

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe system / data / cache partitions
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.

Supported models:
    • C6602,C6603,C6606

Downloads
    Recovery : Official TWRP
    Gapps : MindTheGapps 12.1
    Magisk (Flash under TWRP): Unofficial Flashable APK
    Rom : Download

Sources
    Device/Kernel/Vendor Tree: Sources

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • all fusion3-common / apq8064 contributors.
    • @ CyberWalkMaN
    • @ AdrianDC
    • @ Chippa_a
    Thank you. I flashed the rom and apparently it works fine (at least so far). I also downloaded unofficial Open Gapps from here (Android 12L; pico variant was successfully installed). To directly access to these unofficial versions of Gapps , you may see this link.
    New build released
    • Fixed Camera/Camcorder
    • Fixed WiFi WPA3 connection issues.
    Thanks for building this rom.
    It works faster than LineageOS 18 in my xperia c6603 but need somethings to be fixed:
    - after succefully install the rom, we can't boot into TWRP recovery by using adb reboot recovery or by using power button and volume up botton during the boot, It only reboot and reboot to normal boot after passed a black screen in few second. For rooting the rom, need to go to the TWRP recovery. So that I flash the boot by Leneage18 boot.img in the bootloader mode and I use adb shell , dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot to restore the boot of Lineage19 then install magisk.apk.zip at the recovery and reboot.
    - The manual network selection still not work.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 12L with March security patches.
    • Updated to LineageOS 19.1.
    • Clean flash recommended.