[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL][M8/M8D] LineageOS 19.1 [STABLE]

Search This thread
Uh oh that's really cool to see Android 12 on this device!!
Thank you very much for bringup.

However i'd like to ask you something:
I was trying to build using your sources but get stuck on this error message here:
Code:
error: device/htc/m8-common/camera/Android.bp:16:1: module "libcamera_client_htc" variant "android_arm_armv7-a-neon_shared": module source path "device/htc/m8-common/camera/ICameraRecordingProxyListener.cpp" does not exist
22:39:43 soong bootstrap failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (20 seconds) ####

It turned out i indeed missed some files from your repository:
So after switching to the entire frameworks_av repo and deleting the default one from lineage, the error has gone but the next error came up quickly.

So basically what i'd like to know: Which repos do i have to replace/remove from lineage and add from your account in order to have all dependencies to successfully build?
So that i can make a build manifest for myself.
Would be very cool if you could help me out :)
Want to add a few zram and ksm settings to this ROM.

Again thank you very much for all the work on this obsolete piece of hardware :)

Reactions: ze7zez

K3li

Oct 7, 2019
New build released
  • Fixed boot process delay issues.
Boots faster than previous build but then again device gets hot for no apparent reason. Especially on screen on or while charging.
So now charging the device throws things like "Charging rapidly.. 6hrs remaining"
Maybe there's some zombie processes hogging the system.
Everything else seems fine though.
PS. Is it just me or does the A12 spell checker hate periods after sentences? Every word that ends with a period (every sentence) gets a red underline - using US English as the default language. Mildly annoying but not terribly bad.
Test device is a m8wl.

fela4

Apr 7, 2016
Utopia
HTC One (M8)
Boots faster than previous build but then again device gets hot for no apparent reason. Especially on screen on or while charging.
So now charging the device throws things like "Charging rapidly.. 6hrs remaining"
Maybe there's some zombie processes hogging the system.
Everything else seems fine though.
PS. Is it just me or does the A12 spell checker hate periods after sentences? Every word that ends with a period (every sentence) gets a red underline - using US English as the default language. Mildly annoying but not terribly bad.
Test device is a m8wl.
Same experience. I had to revert to the previous build

nyanmisaka

Sep 12, 2022
Thanks for your work! NFC is not available for me with this rom. It can't be enabled in the drop down menu, android beam is also missing in settings. I tried AICP 17.1 and NFC works fine.

Aamirx27

Feb 10, 2008
Srinagar
Hi. Installed on M8WHL variant. Installation is sucessfull but phone always reboots to recovery from homescreen. Any fix

chillaaa

Apr 8, 2011
Hey guys, thanks for keeping the m8 still alive!

The ROM is working great but it gets very laggy after a few hours since a reboot. Or when I'm using two apps at the same time. Like streaming music and using chrome etc..

Do I need another kernel or do I have to do some tweaks or an app like memkiller?

Would be awesome if someone could help me.

Thanks!

saiyansection

Aug 10, 2013
Pune
Hey guys, thanks for keeping the m8 still alive!

The ROM is working great but it gets very laggy after a few hours since a reboot. Or when I'm using two apps at the same time. Like streaming music and using chrome etc..

Do I need another kernel or do I have to do some tweaks or an app like memkiller?

Would be awesome if someone could help me.

Thanks!
Use gapps from bitgapps!

phone works smooth!

Reactions: wd9895

hachigoro

Oct 4, 2009
I have been trying this rom, and so far it's pretty smooth, much faster than Lineage 17, thanks for your work!
Only issues I have found are NFC not working, as well as Netflix and Disney+, even when installing the APKs. These work fine on LOS 17. Do you know any workarounds that don't involve Magisk?

Also I tried Bitgapps, but those don't allow adding a child account, however MindTheGapps work fine.

crismarsan

Aug 4, 2022
Hello, first : thank you for your hard work keeping this device support . Second: the download link is broken. Could you fix yo test please?

Thank you so much for this wonderful ROM. I love my One M8. It's in pristine condition. Everything about it is so solid.

I have one query with this ROM. Has anyone else had difficulty with GPS? The brilliant developer, @tarkzim, says it does in the introduction. However, when I run either OsmAnd or My Location (both installed via Fdroid) I can't seem to get any GPS.

I'd be really grateful for anyone who could share their experience with this.

Thanks.

Thank you so much for this wonderful ROM. I love my One M8. It's in pristine condition. Everything about it is so solid.

I have one query with this ROM. Has anyone else had difficulty with GPS? The brilliant developer, @tarkzim, says it does in the introduction. However, when I run either OsmAnd or My Location (both installed via Fdroid) I can't seem to get any GPS.

I'd be really grateful for anyone who could share their experience with this.

Thanks.
Well... I don't know what's changed. After posting this last night, I re-booted the phone. Then went to bed, leaving the app My Location running in the foreground. This morning it had found the co-ordinates of my location.

So it seems @tarkzim was quite right. GPS is working fine. Thank you tarkzim. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Bugs

What's working:

• Boot
    • WiFi
    • Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
    • Bluetooth
    • DT2W
    • FM Radio
    • Audio Playback
    • Video Playback
    • Camera/Camcorder
    • Hardware Encryption
    • IR Blaster
    • RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
    • GNSS GPS
    • NFC
    • USB (ADB, MTP) If MTP not working on Windows, Uninstall HTC drivers.
    • Sensors
    • Touch

What's not working:
    • SELinux is permissive
    • You tell me.

Installation instructions

• Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery
    • --> Partition warnings <--
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    • Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Supported models:

• Single SIM variants:
      Builds are compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).
    • Dual SIM variants:
      Builds are compatible with all M8 Dual SIM variants (m8dug and m8dwg).
    • In both cases, all builds are based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads
    Recovery : Official TWRP
    Gapps : MindTheGApps ARM 12.1
    Rom : Download
    • If you RIL is not working properly with specific variant model, see these posts:
      Dual SIM / Sprint H.K

Sources
    Device Trees
    Kernel Trees
    Vendor Trees

Donate
    DONATE To Me

Big Thanks
    • LineageOS Team.
    • All M8/MSM8974 contributors.
    New build released
    • Updated to Android 12.1.0_r11 with July security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    • If you RIL is not working properly with specific variant model, see these posts:
      Dual SIM / Sprint H.K
    New build released
    • Updated with August security patches.
    • Upstream updates and fixes.
    New build released
    • Fixed boot process delay issues.
    New build released
    • Enable Wi-Fi Display.
    • Kernel updates to reduce boot time a little bit.
    • Updated DRM clearkey plugin to 1.3.
    • Fixed NFC options.