[ROM][12L][UNOFFICIAL][OTA Suppported][herolte] PixelExperience/ Plus Edition [AOSP]

Search This thread

zentasuken

Apr 29, 2015
Konya
but if you are using it as a phone, there is a sound problem. (all of them are problematic after android 10) Nice rom because I use it as a tablet

12LS7

Apr 28, 2022
Plus Edition 방에 알람 센터를 설정할 수 없습니다
그래서 개별 앱 알람을 끌 수 없습니다.
그리고
지문인식 설정이 포함되어 있는데 그 이후에 에러가 나서 지문인식을 사용할 수 없어요 지문인식 문제가 저한테는 너무 크네요 빨리 수정하세요

Mod translation via GT:
Can't set up alarm center in Plus Edition room
So I can't turn off individual app alarms.
And
The fingerprint recognition setting is included, but after that, an error occurs and I cannot use the fingerprint recognition. The fingerprint recognition problem is too big for me. Please fix it quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

12LS7

Apr 28, 2022
플러스 에디션 방에 알람을 맞추는 데 어려움을 겪고 있습니다.
알림을 알려주세요.
그리고
이 인식 설정이 되어 있고 그 이후에 이르러서 이르러 이르러 이르러서 이르러 너무 크네요.
이게 해결된다면 최고의 방

Mod translation via GT: If this is solved, the best room

Last edited by a moderator:

Badger50

Senior Moderator
Staff member
@12LS7

Greetings, and welcome to XDA. As a one time courtesy, I have translated your first two posts. Please be respectful and observant of XDA Rule #4 for all of your future posts.
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay on XDA.

-Regards: Badger50

12LS7

Apr 28, 2022
@12LS7

XDA에 오신 것을 환영합니다. 일회성으로 귀하의 처음 두 게시물을 번역했습니다. 앞으로의 모든 게시물에 대해 XDA 규칙 #4 를 존중하고 준수 하십시오.
[스포일러="XDA 규칙 #4"]
4. 영어를 사용하세요.

모든 국적이 다르기 때문에 모든 사람이 영어를 잘하는 것은 아니지만 시도해 보시기 바랍니다. 정말 영어로 게시할 수 없다면 온라인 번역기를 사용하십시오. 영어 번역 아래에 귀하의 모국어로 된 원본 메시지를 자유롭게 포함할 수 있습니다. (이 규칙은 게시물, 프로필 항목 및 서명에 적용됩니다.) https://translate.google.com/ 또는 https://www.babelfish.com/ 을 시도 하거나 원하는 것을 사용할 수 있습니다.
[/스포일러]
협조해 주셔서 감사합니다. XDA에서 즐거운 시간 보내시기 바랍니다.

-안부: Badger5

I'm really sorry. I'll post using an online translator next time.

Reactions: Badger50

Carn.agE

May 2, 2021
This thread will contain the Plus builds.

For everyone:

Pixel Experience 12.1 (Plus edition) is out! See OP for the download.

Date: 10/04/2022

Note: You can flash this edition over the regular one without the requirement to clean flash.

OTA is also supported for the Plus edition, but you cannot switch to Plus from the regular one with OTA, it must be flashed manually.

Changelog:
Initial release (April Security Patch)
- Find feature list for Plus edition here
Hello expresluke..any information regarding evolution x A12?

lousou7601

Mar 2, 2015
This is a nice fast rom with better battery consumption than the previous android 11.

But really the sound is awfull, I can barelly hear the person speaking on the call.

Not usable for me. I hope next builds are better, I am using April build 1

expressluke

New Pixel Experience (Regular edition) out via OTA or here

Switched to new libperfmgr power hal which can be configured from /system/vendor/etc/powerhints.json
Adapted DT2W to new power hal
Improved battery life and performance
Improved battery usage logging for display
Misc performance and stability improvements
Removed libbfqio dependency from hwc since it was dropped from PE
Misc performance and stability improvements
Synced with Pixel Experience source (same base as latest official builds)

x2sJwETTXL

New Pixel Experience (Regular edition) out via OTA or here
Thanks for your hard work!
The Samsung's SmartThings app crash at launch also the Samsung Health won't complete the login process. No other issues observed by now.
Clean flash, no root, very first custom ROM that this S7 device has seen. Expected poor phone quality as per what I've read here and my own experiences with custom PE A11/A12 ROMs on three different Samsung/Sony devices... but on this S7 the voice quality on phone app is way better!

SuDoDmz

Mar 24, 2014
Heidelberg
@expressluke first and foremost great job, you did here, really! Keep up the good work!

Considering my interest in future updates, I gotta ask: you wrote, that VoLTE won't be implemented "for now", so do you really plan on doing it sometime in the future? If so, do you have a non-specific timeframe in mind? See, the "old standards" are dying out, even here in Germany, which is, why I had to stop using my beloved Xperia 10 II with SailfishOS...

Apart from that, I get the impression the "regular" version gets updates more frequently, would that statement be correct?

Cheers

expressluke

@expressluke first and foremost great job, you did here, really! Keep up the good work!

Considering my interest in future updates, I gotta ask: you wrote, that VoLTE won't be implemented "for now", so do you really plan on doing it sometime in the future? If so, do you have a non-specific timeframe in mind? See, the "old standards" are dying out, even here in Germany, which is, why I had to stop using my beloved Xperia 10 II with SailfishOS...

Apart from that, I get the impression the "regular" version gets updates more frequently, would that statement be correct?

Cheers
The for now is pretty much an unlimited timeframe if someone actually decides to try port volte to aosp ROMs but I'm unlikely to do it.

The regular version has gotten more updates because it's been around for longer, the plus edition only really came out last month hence only one release so far. may update soon though

Reactions: master373

SuDoDmz

Mar 24, 2014
Heidelberg
The for now is pretty much an unlimited timeframe if someone actually decides to try port volte to aosp ROMs but I'm unlikely to do it.

The regular version has gotten more updates because it's been around for longer, the plus edition only really came out last month hence only one release so far. may update soon though

Fair enough :) still gonna use it. I'm sick of LOS breaking my SHRP rec. whenever I replace priv-apps and customize the ROM further. Hands down, you've done a great service to the community.

expressluke

Pixel Experience 12.1 (Plus edition) for Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge

Date: 28/05/2022

Device changelog (aligned with Ivan Meler builds)

- Updated libexynosdisplay from BSP to comply with some android 12 changes
- Removed unused build.prop entries
- Fixed few SELinux denials related to HWC props
- Improved UI performance and stability
- Added Custom low power mode power profile for CPU
- Improved A-GNSS (A-GPS) Lock speed
- Exposed device hardware revision to settings
Improved fast/slow charger detection
- Synced with Pixel Experience Plus source (May 2022 Security release)
- Improved device performance and stability

Downloads available through previous Plus build OTA or upgrade/clean install using zips below for respective device:

Galaxy S7 edge (hero2lte)
Galaxy S7 (herolte)

master373

Feb 1, 2022
Pixel Experience 12.1 (Plus edition) for Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge

Date: 28/05/2022

Device changelog (aligned with Ivan Meler builds)

- Updated libexynosdisplay from BSP to comply with some android 12 changes
- Removed unused build.prop entries
- Fixed few SELinux denials related to HWC props
- Improved UI performance and stability
- Added Custom low power mode power profile for CPU
- Improved A-GNSS (A-GPS) Lock speed
- Exposed device hardware revision to settings
Improved fast/slow charger detection
- Synced with Pixel Experience Plus source (May 2022 Security release)
- Improved device performance and stability

Downloads available through previous Plus build OTA or upgrade/clean install using zips below for respective device:

Galaxy S7 edge (hero2lte)
Galaxy S7 (herolte)

Hey thank you so much for this amazing rom.
Ther is still a problem with Encryption.
After encryption Phone restarts and stuck on bootanimation (google logo). I did a clean install and using external sd as internal storage) With Lineage everything works.

Good thing is that now the offline wireless charging isfixed now.

Keep it up i love this rom

Edit: As i did wrote this i noticed that the phone restarted it self and tried to boot.
For a split second i could see the screen where to type you pin to decrypt phone. But no Chance to type anything it just reboots back.

Edit2:
After like 10 min the screen appears where to type your pin/password to decrypt phone and immediately disappears. This happens several times and phone restarts again to the google logo (bootanimation) and repeating the whole process in a loop

There is a serious issue with Encryption

Last edited:

elyad1998

Aug 7, 2014
Kitchener
Great rom, only con I can find is that it is impossible to change/disable the S7 LED keylights, the older version had it disabled automatically, this new version it's on again, but I would like to have it disabled

elyad1998

Aug 7, 2014
Kitchener
Great rom, only con I can find is that it is impossible to change/disable the S7 LED keylights, the older version had it disabled automatically, this new version it's on again, but I would like to have it disabled
Nevermind, I found the setting for it! Other than that issue im trying to find a alternative to the UHQ upscaler which was something stock built in samsung os have it also included with my Note 10+ and my S7 with the previous Android 8 stock os. It made my UA2 portable dac dongle run at the maximum 32 bit 384k instead of the standard 16bit 48k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PE 12.1 Plus for S7

Date: 17/06/2022

Device changelog
    - June 2022 security patch and pixel feature drop
    - In-call audio quality improved drastically in line with Lineage 19.1
    - Addressed few more SELinux denials.
    - General stability and performance improvements

Download for (or via OTA update)

herolte
    Hey thank you so much for this amazing rom.
    Ther is still a problem with Encryption.
    After encryption Phone restarts and stuck on bootanimation (google logo). I did a clean install and using external sd as internal storage) With Lineage everything works.

Good thing is that now the offline wireless charging isfixed now.

Keep it up i love this rom

Edit: As i did wrote this i noticed that the phone restarted it self and tried to boot.
    For a split second i could see the screen where to type you pin to decrypt phone. But no Chance to type anything it just reboots back.

Edit2:
    After like 10 min the screen appears where to type your pin/password to decrypt phone and immediately disappears. This happens several times and phone restarts again to the google logo (bootanimation) and repeating the whole process in a loop

There is a serious issue with Encryption
    same issue!

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Galaxy S7

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - HW Backed video Playback
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Buttons
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Charging with device powered off
    - Stuff I didn't test yet
    - Camera
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Mobicore
    - SW codecs

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depend on Samsung's framework.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download for:
    herolte (Galaxy S7)
    Build 2

January 2022 update (note if download page does not load, refresh)

Build 4 - 15th Feb 2022

Build 5 - February 25 2022

Build 6
    12th March 2022
    To update via ota to this build: Download the OTA app and activity launcher (and launch System Updates from it)
    from build 6 onwards will have it built in In Settings > System > System updates.

Build 7 (Android 12L)
    30th March 2022

Plus edition

Build 1
    10th April 2022

Installation instructions

Download official twrp from twrp.me
    flash TWRP as per given instructions
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash Pixel Experience
    optionally flash magisk
    Reboot the device

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Build 2 is out (PE rom is out of beta)

- December 2021 Security Update / Pixel Feature Drop
    - Pixel experience source updates. (Do note: Hardware button lights are still not implemented yet)
    - Fixed bluetooth sample rate while in call
    - Moved device specific ueventd rules to /system/vendor/etc
    - Updated Clearkey to 1.4
    - Addressed most of selinux denials
    - Switched to new AIDL Lights hal
    - Upreved audio hal to 7.0
    - Switched to new AIDL Vibrator hal
    - Disabled configstore which got replaced with props
    - Upreved fingerprint hal/service to 1.3
    - Removed unused kernel defconfig flag
    - Freed up some ram
    - Removed liboemcrypto which was preventing drm playback in some apps
    - performance and stability improvements
    - Fixed wireless display
    - Reduced logspam which should imrpove performance a bit

See link in OP for download.
    New Update! (download in original post)

Pixel Experience 12 for Samsung Galaxy S7

Date: 15/02/2022

Changelog
    - Camera properly fixed (no longer stops after prolonged use) - Thanks to Ivan
    - Misc performance and stability improvements.
    New Update!
    Pixel Experience 12 for Samsung Galaxy S7

Date: 30/01/2022

Changelog
    - January 2022 Security Update
    - Included some previously missing functionality, including toggling home button wake / backlight button controls. (Button lights work now)
    - Synced with latest devices changes from Lineage device source, including enabled SELinux, Performance and stability improvments, Bluetooth SBC Dual channel HD audio mode.
    -Misc changes not listed.
    - Synced with latest PE sources, January Update
    (Hopefully PE Plus next month)
    Build 6 of Pixel Experience is out!

Changelog:
    Implemented OTA updates.
    Synced with latest PE sources (Android 12L is not released yet for this rom)
    Working data usage tracking

Installation is supported in two ways:
    1. Download the build from original post
    2. Install via ota app (Requires you to install OTA app and activity launcher and look for System updates (for any build prior to 6 - it's built in after that) from here

Second option will show you how OTA updates are performed and look like

1647087446574.png