Search This thread

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
lineageos-png.5317459
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • Battery LED
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls) & Data
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • VoLTE
Bugs:
  • Encryption
  • Selinux enforcing
  • Ui is laggy
  • Nothing (?)

Downloads:
Extra :

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package

Important notes:
  • Required firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

DONATIONS : Paypal

Contributors
althafvly, chil360, squid2, jeferson1979, Alberto97
Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916

Last edited:

adamf30

Dec 20, 2015
Wow, development has came a long way for this device. It's nice to see Android 12 for this device!

One issue though; the task switcher is broken. If this were to be fixed I would use this rom more often.

I do know this device isn't my daily driver anymore, but I understand that this is a work in progress.

Viva La Android R.I.P.

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2019
Northeastern Tennessee
LG G Pad 8.3
Moto G
@althafvly ....you mad scientist you!!! Is this a build of Android 12 I see for a little budget device that launched with Android Lollipop back in 2015? Guys hats off to @althafvly for keeping the 3rd Gen Moto G spirit alive. He never fails to surprise me with these miraculous custom builds. It is well done, Sir. Thank you for your hard work and continued dedication to the beloved Moto G3. 👏👍 Love for both the Osprey and Merlin models. Bravissimo

Last edited:

Extralars

Nov 8, 2016
Moto G4 Plus
This ROM works fine, thank you! Great work to keep this old mobile up to speed!
The only thing is the widgets, I can't seem to find them. Long pressing on the home screen doesn't present any choice to add them.
And the battery light stays on although I turn it off in the settings.
Minor stuff, of course, but still, I wonder.

Edit: I tested Nova launcher and the widgets are there, but just not accessible via Trebuchet.

Last edited:

KairiTech

Sep 26, 2015
Where do I get the correct Gapps version for 19.0?

EDIT: Never mind. I got everything I need working without it.

Last edited:

Whyvy

Apr 8, 2022
Hi. I am new to this and want to install this os on my moto g turbo. But i am unable to figure out the steps to follow. If anyone could provide me the link to a guide that i could follow for this, it would be helpful. Also, do i need to root my phone to install this os?
Thank you.

Whyvy

Apr 8, 2022
Hi. I am new to this and want to install this os on my moto g turbo. But i am unable to figure out the steps to follow. If anyone could provide me the link to a guide that i could follow for this, it would be helpful. Also, do i need to root my phone to install this os?
Thank you.
All done. I was able to find some guides and installed the OS. Bugs are the same as mentioned at the top. And it works beautifully. Thank you.

giyax

Nov 26, 2021
Moto G Power
good evenings, I know this was posted long time ago, I nhave a friend that has the moto g3, do you recommend me to update his device?? I am very scared by watching at the bugs you mentioned, also... I saw a recent update I'm going to use that one, is it stable? Thanks, Giyax

alex-grey

Jan 12, 2015
sorry friend, but when I do a clean installation and then install the gapps it doesn't let me or the start of my google account doesn't appear

Carnilex

Nov 20, 2020
Since 17.1 updates stopped, I consider jumping on 18.1 or 19.1....any reason to prefer 18.1 to this most recent unofficial LOS ROM?
Is it possible to use the SD card as internal storage in 19.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineageos-png.5317459
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Battery LED
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls) & Data
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    Bugs:
    • Encryption
    • Selinux enforcing
    • Ui is laggy
    • Nothing (?)

Downloads:
    Extra :

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package

Important notes:
    • Required firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

DONATIONS : Paypal

Contributors
    althafvly, chil360, squid2, jeferson1979, Alberto97
    Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916
    @althafvly ....you mad scientist you!!! Is this a build of Android 12 I see for a little budget device that launched with Android Lollipop back in 2015? Guys hats off to @althafvly for keeping the 3rd Gen Moto G spirit alive. He never fails to surprise me with these miraculous custom builds. It is well done, Sir. Thank you for your hard work and continued dedication to the beloved Moto G3. 👏👍 Love for both the Osprey and Merlin models. Bravissimo
    Updated to january security patch

Links in OP
    Updated to 12L (check OP for link)

- Fixed mobiledata
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow

I'm sorry but does this mean to flash it we must be in marshmallow based firmware first?

Also amazing work for a 6 year old phone!