[ROM][12L][XZ2C][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

Mythique

Jun 28, 2022
Twitter is running fine for me on my daily driver. The backup and restore procedure might be a google thing and not related to lineage but I'm not sure and that's also something I can't fix, sorry.
I'll try and capture a video of Twitter. I can't identify when it stutters and when it doesn't. There is some micro stutter right before the scrolling stop, but it happened on the stock OS too I think.

For the second point I agree with you, the restore froom Google messed up.

I noticed something with Telegram (last apk version from their website) that was not happening before too.
If I try to take a picture with the camera in Telegram, it will make a sound. I disabled "sound in application" in Telegram, my phone is on silent mode. I thought it was an OS settings to change, but there's no "camera sound" in the settings.

There is an old bug report on Telegram's tracker that is similar to this issue, where they say it is an OS issue.

If you don't think this is a LineageOS, let me know, I'll fill an issue for Telegram.

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
I'll try and capture a video of Twitter. I can't identify when it stutters and when it doesn't. There is some micro stutter right before the scrolling stop, but it happened on the stock OS too I think.

For the second point I agree with you, the restore froom Google messed up.

I noticed something with Telegram (last apk version from their website) that was not happening before too.
If I try to take a picture with the camera in Telegram, it will make a sound. I disabled "sound in application" in Telegram, my phone is on silent mode. I thought it was an OS settings to change, but there's no "camera sound" in the settings.

There is an old bug report on Telegram's tracker that is similar to this issue, where they say it is an OS issue.

If you don't think this is a LineageOS, let me know, I'll fill an issue for Telegram.
If it happened on stock that's something i don't want to investigate. Might be an app issue from twitter itself.

Reactions: Mythique

Edick1337

Dec 10, 2017
Will 1080p 60 fps video recording be available here? Installed stock camera app (your magisk module) and there is no option to choose.
This is the only flaw I've noticed so far 🙃

linuxteddy

Will 1080p 60 fps video recording be available here? Installed stock camera app (your magisk module) and there is no option to choose.
This is the only flaw I've noticed so far 🙃
As I understood the slow motion is (almost?) the only thing that does not work with his Magisk module camera. But that would be 120fps.
I also read about the "predictive capture" feature of the camera, but don't find that somewhere in the settings.

jan8045

Dec 30, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Sure, but we're not relying on omnirom or any other custom rom. We use stock blobs. That said, if it doesn't work on stock it won't work on lineage. If someone is interested in submitting a patch, feel free. But since i cannot reproduce it i'm not able to test and fix it

I filed a bug report:
Just an update on the described NFC issue above: I changed SCREEN_OFF_POWER_STATE from 1 (always powered) to 0 (default, sleep mode enabled) in /vendor/etc/libnfc-nci.conf and now it seems to work.

Edit: NFC crashed again. But not as quickly as before :-/

Last edited:

Mythique

Jun 28, 2022

The camera in Telegram is definitely buggy (does not happen on stock, 100%) :
- The shutter sound triggering for no reason.
- It randomly hangs when trying to take a picture and displaying the picture taken (with the UI to send this pic). Sometimes it is quick, sometimes it takes a few seconds, and sometimes I wait so long that I have to close the app.

ALEX88_XDA

Jan 19, 2015
You can help me with these two errors ... I can't get wipe data factory reset..at the first error ... following some tutorials on the internet I managed to clean them one by one by repairing the partition and changing the partition format .... I tried to install zip ... but it gave me a doya error ... You can help me ... I want to mention that I don't use twrp from the official lineage site because it doesn't even enter and stay in bootlop ... I use Apollo 3.1 .1 twrp..it's the only one that comes in...Whay is A And B??

ERRORS::::

Tryng to wipe:
E: unable to set policy for path: data/cache
E: unable to set encryption policy for data/cache

Tring ți Flash:
Flashing A/B to inactive solt B

To fapsf additional zis, plecase reboot recovery to swich to the updated slot.

Error instaling zip file /external sd/ Xperia xz2 compact/lineageOS.... zip.pkease help me😅

Thanks🙋

Attachments

• Polish_20220706_112508645.jpg
    Polish_20220706_112508645.jpg
    659.8 KB · Views: 20

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
You can help me with these two errors ... I can't get wipe data factory reset..at the first error ... following some tutorials on the internet I managed to clean them one by one by repairing the partition and changing the partition format .... I tried to install zip ... but it gave me a doya error ... You can help me ... I want to mention that I don't use twrp from the official lineage site because it doesn't even enter and stay in bootlop ... I use Apollo 3.1 .1 twrp..it's the only one that comes in...Whay is A And B??

ERRORS::::

Tryng to wipe:
E: unable to set policy for path: data/cache
E: unable to set encryption policy for data/cache

Tring ți Flash:
Flashing A/B to inactive solt B

To fapsf additional zis, plecase reboot recovery to swich to the updated slot.

Error instaling zip file /external sd/ Xperia xz2 compact/lineageOS.... zip.pkease help me😅

Thanks🙋
TWRP is not supported and afaik doesn't work at all. Please follow the install instructions to flash lineage 19.1 recovery instead.

ALEX88_XDA

Jan 19, 2015
Well, why do you think I'm not recovering ??? I do not install it in the flash tool with fastboot .. it shows me that it flashed ... I will try another method .. what's on the site if there is one ..🙄🙄

ALEX88_XDA

Jan 19, 2015
TWRP is not supported and afaik doesn't work at all. Please follow the install instructions to flash lineage 19.1 recovery instead.
I managed ... I pressed the volume up I had many phones and so I knew it was going into recovery..😅😅 Can you help me with a gapps pakage ?? Pls ... I tried with MindTheGapps 12.1 arm64 and I don't work ... 😭😭😭. I want to have at least Google services ... with google play ... etc

Raphos

Jul 31, 2015
Elsass
Hi,
I you want a perfect world with google, stay on stock.
It's just like the people going to Linux who want to use excel, word, outlook (but it's possible)...
LineageOS is not perfect, it requires sometimes long researches to make it work as you want.
For me, open source philosophy is not compatible with google shiiiiit.

Reactions: 30jp

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hi,
I you want a perfect world with google, stay on stock.
It's just like the people going to Linux who want to use excel, word, outlook (but it's possible)...
LineageOS is not perfect, it requires sometimes long researches to make it work as you want.
For me, open source philosophy is not compatible with google shiiiiit.
What? No. Just, no.
I managed ... I pressed the volume up I had many phones and so I knew it was going into recovery..😅😅 Can you help me with a gapps pakage ?? Pls ... I tried with MindTheGapps 12.1 arm64 and I don't work ... 😭😭😭. I want to have at least Google services ... with google play ... etc
Just carefully read the install instructions. Everything you need to know is there. If you follow the instructions you'll get MindTheGaps working. There's nothing I can help you better than the install instructions.

Reactions: userx404

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems to me that split screen functionality does not work. (no complains, just want to report.)
    ?
    Screenshot_20220717-015613_Yandex Music.png
    Thanks for your respond. Hmm, interesting... Than it's just my device. Maybe this is my reward for not making a clean flash...?
    I tried activating split screen by setting "System", "Buttons" "Recents long press action" to "Splti Screen" and than... pressed long. but nothing happend. Using other buttons has the same result, while the action "Last App" works this way just fine.
    Is there an other way to activate split screen?
    Open recents and hold the app icon, then press "split top"
    Open recents and hold the app icon, then press "split top"
    Oh yeah, thank you very much! That's very good to know. This way it works with my device, too.
    After a long time of testing, it turns out, that the setting "SCREEN_OFF_POWER_STATE=0" in libnfc-nci.conf (/vendor/lib) seems nevertheless to be the key to get NFC working in my case (except for the Mirafare-bug mentioned above). However, after each LOS update, the file is overwritten again (SCREEN_OFF_POWER_STATE=1). The consequence: NFC crashes again after some minutes. Is there any chance that the default setting could be set to 0 (also in the file itselft, it is stated that 0 is the default setting)?
    Yeah, a magisk module would be the only solution since you seem to be the only one affected by this and i don't want the controller to be in sleep-state while screen is off. That would mean we all couldn't use NFC anymore when screen is turned off.
    Hello,
    I'm still on an old H8314 unlocked Android 9 52.0.A.11.3
    working quite ok but some bug are there.
    I'm looking for a daily driver, seems this one is ok ?

What's the best update option now ?
    Using sony EMMA tool in flash mode is ok? Do I need to go to Android 10, then 11, then 12 ?

or just taking the xperiafirm 52.1.A.3.49 and flash it with newflasher ?

thanks for your help
    Please read the install instructions in the official wiki
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.x (S),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19.1:
    Official builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/xz2c

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 19.1 for Xperia XZ2 Compact, ROM for the Xperia XZ2 Compact

Contributors

dtrunk90, Sjll
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-05-05
    Last Updated 2022-06-17
    Official builds are now available!

In order to switch from unofficial to official builds a clean flash is required. Please refer to the official installation guide on how to clean flash properly.
    Thanks Dtrunk90 and Lineageos for support our XZ2C device! :)

I know that in principle I would have to do a clean install to switch from 18.1 to 19.1 rom, but since I have a lot of applications ( 96 piece ) and gmail accounts ( 3 piece ) and email address settings ( 6 ) on my phone, I tried to make it dirty for the first time. A refresh from 18.1 to 19.1, saying if I fail I will do it from the ground up.
    BUT, it worked without any serious error at first try. The process if someone is interested in:

- Downloaded everything, and put they to my adb folder. The los.zip, the los.recovery.img, and gapps.12.1-arm64.zip ;
    - Booted phone to fastboot mode ;
    - In fastboot " fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-xz2c.img " ;
    - Plug uff USB, then rebooted into recovery with key combo ;
    - In recovery if I choosed the upgrade from adb ( sideloads ) I've got error message, something like: " los recovery error package is for product xz2c but excepted 8324... "
    - after that, In the recovery I enabled adb ;
    - then from pc " adb reboot sideload " ;
    - after it " adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220617-nightly-xz2c-signed.zip " ; <- it went perfectly now
    - rebooted to recovery from recovery ;
    - then " adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605.zip " ;
    - rebooted phone once ;
    - made patched magisk boot img file with magisk app
    - rebooted to fastboot, then flash patched magisk boot img ;

All of my programs, settings, passwords, mail accounts, are remained as they was. What I've looked at so far is all working. The rooting process still good. My Telekom and Bank applications could still hided from they root detection. And what surprised me was, that the poweramp equalizer also works properly, although on my other " gaming " phone on an xperia x compact ( kugo ) also under lineage os 19.1 i can't work it at all. And here is perfect. ( At least in addition to spotify ).

Thanks again!

Edit: My phone is a H8324 ( DualSim , EU version )
    Hi

I'm looking to flash my phone as I've run into the Stock issue where the secondary mic stops working (annoying.. happened after a factory reset).

Anyhoo..

I'm weighing up between Official 18 and Unofficial 19. I saw the Sony camera doesn't work with Unofficial 18. Doe it work with 19?

Thanks!
    Only as a magisk module but it's not the stock version camera but an updated apk. Check xperiance at gitlab.

I would suggest waiting for the official 19.1 builds. Everything is in place, just some stuff needs to be merged from someone with write privileges to those repositories.
    Does it support VoLTE and/or VoWiFi for Europe carriers ? For example T-Mobile PL ?
    Or I have to add IMS configs by myself ?
    Yes, orange, play, telekom and many others got added here: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_tama-common/+/327624
    But better wait for the build of tomorrow since SonyOpenTelephony isn't working on latest build right now.