[EOL][ROM][12L][XZ2C][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

benh77

Oct 28, 2012
Thanks Dtrunk90 and Lineageos for support our XZ2C device! :)

I know that in principle I would have to do a clean install to switch from 18.1 to 19.1 rom, but since I have a lot of applications ( 96 piece ) and gmail accounts ( 3 piece ) and email address settings ( 6 ) on my phone, I tried to make it dirty for the first time. A refresh from 18.1 to 19.1, saying if I fail I will do it from the ground up.
BUT, it worked without any serious error at first try. The process if someone is interested in:

- Downloaded everything, and put they to my adb folder. The los.zip, the los.recovery.img, and gapps.12.1-arm64.zip ;
- Booted phone to fastboot mode ;
- In fastboot " fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-xz2c.img " ;
- Plug uff USB, then rebooted into recovery with key combo ;
- In recovery if I choosed the upgrade from adb ( sideloads ) I've got error message, something like: " los recovery error package is for product xz2c but excepted 8324... "
- after that, In the recovery I enabled adb ;
- then from pc " adb reboot sideload " ;
- after it " adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220617-nightly-xz2c-signed.zip " ; <- it went perfectly now
- rebooted to recovery from recovery ;
- then " adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605.zip " ;
- rebooted phone once ;
- made patched magisk boot img file with magisk app
- rebooted to fastboot, then flash patched magisk boot img ;

All of my programs, settings, passwords, mail accounts, are remained as they was. What I've looked at so far is all working. The rooting process still good. My Telekom and Bank applications could still hided from they root detection. And what surprised me was, that the poweramp equalizer also works properly, although on my other " gaming " phone on an xperia x compact ( kugo ) also under lineage os 19.1 i can't work it at all. And here is perfect. ( At least in addition to spotify ).

Thanks again!

Edit: My phone is a H8324 ( DualSim , EU version )
Thanks for this. Followed the steps and worked perfectly!

FoobyKamikaze

Jun 22, 2022
I saw dtrunk90's reply to me in the 18.1 thread. I have no idea how to submit the modem config that seems to be installed/running after reading the link to the guide on submitting patches. Being completely new to android I could be failing to perform a step correctly when installing the OS. I will list the steps here just now in case someone notices what might be the issue, even though I used 18.1 I don't believe it would make a difference.

1. I used xperifirm ver 5.6.5 to download H8314_Customized UK_52.1.A.3.49-R6C
2. I copied those files over into the newflasher folder and deleted the .ta files from boot and the main folder.
3. I flashed using newflasher, with the options of N, N, P, N.
4. I then put the phone into flash mode, fastboot flash boot the recovery image 20220610
5. rebooted into recovery mode, update via adb, and sideloaded the partitions zip linked in the installation instructions
6. rebooted into recovery mode again, did the factory reset/erase data
7. apply update via adb, sideload lineage 20220610 zip
8. rebooted into recovery mode, apply update via adb the gapps zip from opengapps.org (the arm64 android 11, nano)
9. Then rebooted the device to boot into lineageOS and the notification shows modem configuration S263.1 again.

I tried using unsin to see the modem_X-FLASH-ALL-B6B5.sin file but it produced a .img that ext2explore and ext4_unpacker could not read. Unsin did work with oem_X-FLASH-CUST-B6B5 creating a .ext4 file but inside the modem-config I only see S21, S22 and S23 folders so I have no idea where the S263.1 is coming from or how to get that off the phone.

Last edited:

Fifiks

Jun 26, 2022
I have a H8314 equiped with the following chip (because of battery replacement):
https://stellatech.com/en/sony-xperia-xz2-compact-dual-(h8324)-antenna-module-nfc,a,831661.html/

After booting, NFC works, but then crashes occasionally in the background... maybe the attached logfile (and the screenshot of the errors just before the crash can help).
I have the same problem. Moreover, even on stock ROM android 10 or 9. NFC does not work on any custom, except OMNIROM. It all started from the moment of switching to one of the custom ROM. Idk what is happened, when i switch from android 10 stock ROM on lineage 18.1, all works fine, and when im back on stock ROM android 10, NFC still works, but i think, when i switch to OMNIROM, and flash OEM_android 9 kernel, from fastboot tools, then back on stock ROM, its the moment when all started. Maybe I'm mistaken, and the problem started earlier

Last edited:

jan8045

Dec 30, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
I have the same problem. Moreover, even on stock ROM android 10 or 9. NFC does not work on any custom, except OMNIROM. It all started from the moment of switching to one of the custom ROM. Idk what is happened, when i switch from android 10 stock ROM on lineage 18.1, all works fine, and when im back on stock ROM android 10, NFC still works, but i think, when i switch to OMNIROM, and flash OEM_android 9 kernel, from fastboot tools, then back on stock ROM, its the moment when all started. Maybe I'm mistaken, and the problem started earlier
I filed a bug report:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
I saw dtrunk90's reply to me in the 18.1 thread. I have no idea how to submit the modem config that seems to be installed/running after reading the link to the guide on submitting patches. Being completely new to android I could be failing to perform a step correctly when installing the OS. I will list the steps here just now in case someone notices what might be the issue, even though I used 18.1 I don't believe it would make a difference.

1. I used xperifirm ver 5.6.5 to download H8314_Customized UK_52.1.A.3.49-R6C
2. I copied those files over into the newflasher folder and deleted the .ta files from boot and the main folder.
3. I flashed using newflasher, with the options of N, N, P, N.
4. I then put the phone into flash mode, fastboot flash boot the recovery image 20220610
5. rebooted into recovery mode, update via adb, and sideloaded the partitions zip linked in the installation instructions
6. rebooted into recovery mode again, did the factory reset/erase data
7. apply update via adb, sideload lineage 20220610 zip
8. rebooted into recovery mode, apply update via adb the gapps zip from opengapps.org (the arm64 android 11, nano)
9. Then rebooted the device to boot into lineageOS and the notification shows modem configuration S263.1 again.

I tried using unsin to see the modem_X-FLASH-ALL-B6B5.sin file but it produced a .img that ext2explore and ext4_unpacker could not read. Unsin did work with oem_X-FLASH-CUST-B6B5 creating a .ext4 file but inside the modem-config I only see S21, S22 and S23 folders so I have no idea where the S263.1 is coming from or how to get that off the phone.
Yeah there's no modem config for your carrier on stock rom. I could try and check the Xperia 10 stock rom or we try and create one from scratch in hope the mbn file for your carrier exists. Which carrier do you have? Do you have a rooted phone so you could try it before I add it?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
I filed a bug report:
I don't think there's anything wrong with the rom itself since NFC works just fine here. On my daily driver and on my test devices. Maybe the NFC chip isn't the original one despite its stated as that in the product description?

Fifiks

Jun 26, 2022
I don't think there's anything wrong with the rom itself since NFC works just fine here. On my daily driver and on my test devices. Maybe the NFC chip isn't the original one despite its stated as that in the product description?
I have the original chip installed, the phone has never been disassembled to replace the battery. And have the same problem with NFC, and not only on this ROM, but even on the stock. But I agree with you, this is most likely definitely not a problem of this ROM.

Last edited:

Fifiks

Jun 26, 2022
Yes see attached screencast
View attachment 5644625

EDIT: oh sorry, you're talking about an indicator. I don't think there's an indicator other than doing a call and check the on screen icons.

EDIT2: Btw: You can't use both at the same time. Either VoWiFi or VoLTE.

Yes, just simple indicator like in stock to see when it's working..
And yes, i now i can use only one... ;-)

I took some other sims from my coworkers...
Plus PL - Personal SIM and Company SIM -- no IMS, config: S185.1, firmware file: default
Orange PL - Personal SIM - IMS ok, VoLTE works, no VoWiFi. But when in SIM2 then no IMS. Config: S187.1

I can't start VoWiFi/WiFi-Calling on any card so far...
(but... T-mo works fine on stock)

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Here's just a nuance, the module works correctly on the "OMNIROM" ROM, which indicates its complete serviceability. I could even make payments from my bank's app.
Sure, but we're not relying on omnirom or any other custom rom. We use stock blobs. That said, if it doesn't work on stock it won't work on lineage. If someone is interested in submitting a patch, feel free. But since i cannot reproduce it i'm not able to test and fix it.

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Yes, just simple indicator like in stock to see when it's working..
And yes, i now i can use only one... ;-)

I took some other sims from my coworkers...
Plus PL - Personal SIM and Company SIM -- no IMS, config: S185.1, firmware file: default
Orange PL - Personal SIM - IMS ok, VoLTE works, no VoWiFi. But when in SIM2 then no IMS. Config: S187.1

I can't start VoWiFi/WiFi-Calling on any card so far...
(but... T-mo works fine on stock)
For S185.1 there's no modem config in tama, so it won't work on stock too (and the only way we can try is modelling our own modem config in hope there's a firmware mbn file available). For S187.1 there is one. I'll have a look why VoWiFi isn't working. That's something I can reproduce here. And I'll check if I can reproduce the missing IMS for sim slot 2.

I can't understand one thing... Why I need to enter pin when I'm back from airplane mode... Maybe airplane mode is buggy... and that's why VoWiFi is not working - fully disables sim card ?

In normal IMS is registered, VoLTE available(and works), but UT Interface is unavaiable... why?

On stock I don't have to enter pin and UT Interface (in IMS status) is 'available'... :unsure:

/edit:
also i have randomly info about no modem config when entering airplane mode...

/edit2:
For S185.1 there's no modem config in tama, so it won't work on stock too (and the only way we can try is modelling our own modem config in hope there's a firmware mbn file available). For S187.1 there is one. I'll have a look why VoWiFi isn't working. That's something I can reproduce here. And I'll check if I can reproduce the missing IMS for sim slot 2.
xperifirm shows branded software for H8216, CID: 1313-247 - but I can't see mbn file for it there :-(

Last edited:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
I can't understand one thing... Why I need to enter pin when I'm back from airplane mode... Maybe airplane mode is buggy... and that's why VoWiFi is not working - fully disables sim card ?

In normal IMS is registered, VoLTE available(and works), but UT Interface is unavaiable... why?

On stock I don't have to enter pin and UT Interface (in IMS status) is 'available'... :unsure:

/edit:
also i have randomly info about no modem config when entering airplane mode...

/edit2:

xperifirm shows branded software for H8216, CID: 1313-247 - but I can't see mbn file for it there :-(
Well, airplane mode should disable all connectivity. It's logical to me it disables SIM cards so you have to re-enter your pin. Maybe that's something new in Android 12, I don't know. And yeah, there's no IMS info if you're in airplane mode. Provisioning and VoLTE/VoWiFi is really weird and I can only forward you all to this comment: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3494#note_999924750

There's nothing I can do much about. You can however try to add a folder /vendor/modem-config/S185.1 and copy an appropriate modem config file of your carrier into that folder (requires root access), restart the phone and see if it works. If it does, let me know and I'll add it.

Well, airplane mode should disable all connectivity. It's logical to me it disables SIM cards so you have to re-enter your pin. Maybe that's something new in Android 12, I don't know. And yeah, there's no IMS info if you're in airplane mode. Provisioning and VoLTE/VoWiFi is really weird and I can only forward you all to this comment: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3494#note_999924750

There's nothing I can do much about. You can however try to add a folder /vendor/modem-config/S185.1 and copy an appropriate modem config file of your carrier into that folder (requires root access), restart the phone and see if it works. If it does, let me know and I'll add it.

For me airplane mode = disable all radio...
But as we see, we still can enable (and use in airplanes) Bluetooth and WiFi...

Connection to IMS can be via other network, ie. WiFi... And then we need active sim to auth to carrier...

Screen from ZF8 in airplane mode with IMS connection active... (Also I don't need to re-enter pin when disabling airplane-mode)

I think we need sim active to make VoWiFi possible...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-210115705~2.png
    Screenshot_20220627-210115705~2.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 23

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
For me airplane mode = disable all radio...
But as we see, we still can enable (and use in airplanes) Bluetooth and WiFi...

Connection to IMS can be via other network, ie. WiFi... And then we need active sim to auth to carrier...

Screen from ZF8 in airplane mode with IMS connection active... (Also I don't need to re-enter pin when disabling airplane-mode)

I think we need sim active to make VoWiFi possible...
Wrong, because I've set VoWiFi to be preferred and still can't do VoWiFi. It's a provisioning issue I can't do anything about.

Mythique

Jun 28, 2022
Hi everyone,

It is my first time looking into roms for my XZ2 Compact. Since SONY stopped updating this phone, I wanted to switch to something else that would be updated regularly.

LineageOS seems to be great and pretty established. But I have no idea how stable it is for the XZ2 Compact. Browsing the 18.1 thread it seems like there were still issues even at the EOL of this version.

Is the current 19.1 build usable daily without any issues? Or would I need to troubleshoot my phone once in a while because something is not working properly? I don't want to troubleshot my phone too often.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jcummings2

Jun 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

It is my first time looking into roms for my XZ2 Compact. Since SONY stopped updating this phone, I wanted to switch to something else that would be updated regularly.

LineageOS seems to be great and pretty established. But I have now idea how stable it is for the XZ2 Compact. Browsing the 18.1 thread it seems like there were still issues even at the EOL of this version.

Is the current 19.1 build usable daily without any issues? Or would I need to troubleshoot my phone once in a while because something is not working properly? I don't want to troubleshot my phone too often.

Thanks!
I've been using 19.1 daily myself for a little over a week now and it certainly is usable. In fact, with the addition of VoLTE support in the nightly 20220624 build, it's even more usable than the stock firmware that doesn't have such support. Depending on your carrier's 3G shutdown timeline that could mean the difference between a usable device and an expensive brick.

Of course, there's no guarantee that you won't have issues since your usage patterns may be different. However, posting any issues here can help improve the experience for everyone.

I flashed 18.1 to test VoLTE/VoWiFi... And it worked OOB. Then fashed back 19.1... works... Strange :unsure:

But still no VoWiFi i airplane mode (so it's useless in travel outside EU - expensive roaming) and not working after going back from airplane mode. Reboot needed.
If only you can make it working in airplane mode... :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.x (S),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19.1:
    Official builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/xz2c

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 19.1 for Xperia XZ2 Compact, ROM for the Xperia XZ2 Compact

Contributors

dtrunk90
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-05-05
    Last Updated 2022-06-17
    Thanks Dtrunk90 and Lineageos for support our XZ2C device! :)

I know that in principle I would have to do a clean install to switch from 18.1 to 19.1 rom, but since I have a lot of applications ( 96 piece ) and gmail accounts ( 3 piece ) and email address settings ( 6 ) on my phone, I tried to make it dirty for the first time. A refresh from 18.1 to 19.1, saying if I fail I will do it from the ground up.
    BUT, it worked without any serious error at first try. The process if someone is interested in:

- Downloaded everything, and put they to my adb folder. The los.zip, the los.recovery.img, and gapps.12.1-arm64.zip ;
    - Booted phone to fastboot mode ;
    - In fastboot " fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-xz2c.img " ;
    - Plug uff USB, then rebooted into recovery with key combo ;
    - In recovery if I choosed the upgrade from adb ( sideloads ) I've got error message, something like: " los recovery error package is for product xz2c but excepted 8324... "
    - after that, In the recovery I enabled adb ;
    - then from pc " adb reboot sideload " ;
    - after it " adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220617-nightly-xz2c-signed.zip " ; <- it went perfectly now
    - rebooted to recovery from recovery ;
    - then " adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605.zip " ;
    - rebooted phone once ;
    - made patched magisk boot img file with magisk app
    - rebooted to fastboot, then flash patched magisk boot img ;

All of my programs, settings, passwords, mail accounts, are remained as they was. What I've looked at so far is all working. The rooting process still good. My Telekom and Bank applications could still hided from they root detection. And what surprised me was, that the poweramp equalizer also works properly, although on my other " gaming " phone on an xperia x compact ( kugo ) also under lineage os 19.1 i can't work it at all. And here is perfect. ( At least in addition to spotify ).

Thanks again!

Edit: My phone is a H8324 ( DualSim , EU version )
    Official builds are now available!

In order to switch from unofficial to official builds a clean flash is required. Please refer to the official installation guide on how to clean flash properly.
    Hi

I'm looking to flash my phone as I've run into the Stock issue where the secondary mic stops working (annoying.. happened after a factory reset).

Anyhoo..

I'm weighing up between Official 18 and Unofficial 19. I saw the Sony camera doesn't work with Unofficial 18. Doe it work with 19?

Thanks!
    Only as a magisk module but it's not the stock version camera but an updated apk. Check xperiance at gitlab.

I would suggest waiting for the official 19.1 builds. Everything is in place, just some stuff needs to be merged from someone with write privileges to those repositories.
    Does it support VoLTE and/or VoWiFi for Europe carriers ? For example T-Mobile PL ?
    Or I have to add IMS configs by myself ?
    Yes, orange, play, telekom and many others got added here: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_tama-common/+/327624
    But better wait for the build of tomorrow since SonyOpenTelephony isn't working on latest build right now.