[EOL][ROM][12L][XZ2C][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1

Search This thread

DrTrax

Jan 23, 2013
GT-i9250
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Hello,
I'm on recovery, flashed lineage 19.1 from 20220722
I now want to add gapps, so I took mindthegapps 12.1.0 but when i try to flash it, it says that this package is for Android 12.1.0 and my system is running Android 10, so Aborting.

So I should take these ones : MindTheGapps-10.0.0-arm64-20220224_161733 ?

About adding magisk, what's the best option as lineage does not provide a boot.img ?
Magisk; Download latest release on Github, rename .apk to .zip and flash via recovery

Reactions: BENETNATH

DrTrax

Jan 23, 2013
GT-i9250
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Quick update to the RAM issue, I tried tofllash MindTheGaaps over OpenGaaps which resulted into a bootloop and when I was forced to make a clean install with MindTheGaaps, out of the sudden, everything works fine as aspected with 1.5GB free while System takes 1.5GB and severals hundreds MB for Apps...

Conclusion; it was not a 'lie' when OpenGaaps saif that their packages are not fully supported for Android 12 and it was definitiv recommended from Lineage OS to use MindTheGaaps (which is pretty much the same like OpenGaaps pico)

Reactions: BENETNATH

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hello,
I'm on recovery, flashed lineage 19.1 from 20220722
I now want to add gapps, so I took mindthegapps 12.1.0 but when i try to flash it, it says that this package is for Android 12.1.0 and my system is running Android 10, so Aborting.

So I should take these ones : MindTheGapps-10.0.0-arm64-20220224_161733 ?

About adding magisk, what's the best option as lineage does not provide a boot.img ?
Did you rebooted into recovery after flashing lineage? Please follow the install instructions since you're doing something wrong.

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
I came across Dtrunk's xperiance files on Gitlab to bring back the camera app and a few other apps on xperia devices using Magisk. I would like to try it out but I'm not familiar yet with building the modules myself.
What would be a clear guide to start with?
You don't have to build them yourself. Check the releases page and download the pre-built zip.

Reactions: VritteKloat

Nosfay

Nov 22, 2016
Hi,
I've just unlocked my bootloader and flashed the last nightly build, and I have a big issue, caller hear himself, like echo .
I've tried regular phone call or with data (messenger), same issue.

It works only when I put speaker on.

Is there anything I can do to fix that ?

Thanks

EDIT: back to stock rom, and I still got the issue, I think the phone is broken =/

Last edited:
I tried SODP, flashed oem from Sony developer site... and now i don't have NFC when I back to LineageOS...
(also needed to reflash oem for Android 10 to install LOS19.1)
1. Do you have backup or can you make oryginal oem partition backup ?
2. Maybe that's source of NFC issue?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
I tried SODP, flashed oem from Sony developer site... and now i don't have NFC when I back to LineageOS...
(also needed to reflash oem for Android 10 to install LOS19.1)
1. Do you have backup or can you make oryginal oem partition backup ?
2. Maybe that's source of NFC issue?
You had to flash stock rom right before LOS. every other custom rom will break stuff. That's why it is stated in the install instructions. You can get stock roms from xperifirm. Just search for it here in the forum.

You had to flash stock rom right before LOS. every other custom rom will break stuff. That's why it is stated in the install instructions. You can get stock roms from xperifirm. Just search for it here in the forum.
Done it allready...

More timeline:
1. Flashed SODP - stuck at Sony logo
2. Flashed OEM for A12 v3 (from sony developer site)
3. Booted, works good... even touch (for some ppl not working...)
4. Flashed LOS - stuck at Sony logo
5. Flashed OEM for A10 (latest from sony dev. )
6. LOS booted fine... - no NFC
7. Flashed stock (xperifirm + newflasher) -- no NFC on stock

So I'm looking for oryginal OEM from someone... Can you dump it ? Ie. boot twrp (w/o flashing it perm.) and drop using dd somewhere ?

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Done it allready...

More timeline:
1. Flashed SODP - stuck at Sony logo
2. Flashed OEM for A12 v3 (from sony developer site)
3. Booted, works good... even touch (for some ppl not working...)
4. Flashed LOS - stuck at Sony logo
5. Flashed OEM for A10 (latest from sony dev. )
6. LOS booted fine... - no NFC
7. Flashed stock (xperifirm + newflasher) -- no NFC on stock

So I'm looking for oryginal OEM from someone... Can you dump it ? Ie. boot twrp (w/o flashing it perm.) and drop using dd somewhere ?
Why do you always mention SODP? That's not stock android firmware. And oem for A12 is also wrong. Flash stock android 10 and install lineage like it's described in the install instructions.

Why do you always mention SODP? That's not stock android firmware. And oem for A12 is also wrong. Flash stock android 10 and install lineage like it's described in the install instructions.

Flashed stock A10 using xperifirm (to download) and newflasher. No NFC on stock. I does not update/change oem partition... Now I also thinking about stock + lock bootloader, maybe then xperia companion will work... no idea...

Ok, I will look for oem dump somewhere else... If it fix nfc for me, then maybe it will help for others...

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Flashed stock A10 using xperifirm (to download) and newflasher. No NFC on stock. I does not update/change oem partition... Now I also thinking about stock + lock bootloader, maybe then xperia companion will work... no idea...

Ok, I will look for oem dump somewhere else... If it fix nfc for me, then maybe it will help for others...
Stock fw also contains oem partition. Flash everything from stock.

Mythique

Jun 28, 2022
I think AR Core functionnalities broke with the last update. Could someone test it?

I also tried following the Magisk setup to pass SafetyNet, I don't know if it can mess up things with AR Core.

ALEX88_XDA

Jan 19, 2015
There is no way of communication between users and those from lineageOS to be able to report different bugs??? With the selfie camera in 5mpx, the camera blinks and even crashes...

Mythique

Jun 28, 2022
The camera in Telegram is definitely buggy (does not happen on stock, 100%) :
- The shutter sound triggering for no reason.
- It randomly hangs when trying to take a picture and displaying the picture taken (with the UI to send this pic). Sometimes it is quick, sometimes it takes a few seconds, and sometimes I wait so long that I have to close the app.
Bumping these issues.

The shutter sound might be intentional, but is there a way to disable it?

For the random freeze, seems like an issue related to LineageOS, or the camera API. Where should I report this? Or should I not wait a fix for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.x (S),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 19.1:
    Official builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/xz2c

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 19.1 for Xperia XZ2 Compact, ROM for the Xperia XZ2 Compact

Contributors

dtrunk90
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 12L
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-05-05
    Last Updated 2022-06-17
    Thanks Dtrunk90 and Lineageos for support our XZ2C device! :)

I know that in principle I would have to do a clean install to switch from 18.1 to 19.1 rom, but since I have a lot of applications ( 96 piece ) and gmail accounts ( 3 piece ) and email address settings ( 6 ) on my phone, I tried to make it dirty for the first time. A refresh from 18.1 to 19.1, saying if I fail I will do it from the ground up.
    BUT, it worked without any serious error at first try. The process if someone is interested in:

- Downloaded everything, and put they to my adb folder. The los.zip, the los.recovery.img, and gapps.12.1-arm64.zip ;
    - Booted phone to fastboot mode ;
    - In fastboot " fastboot flash boot lineage-19.1-20220617-recovery-xz2c.img " ;
    - Plug uff USB, then rebooted into recovery with key combo ;
    - In recovery if I choosed the upgrade from adb ( sideloads ) I've got error message, something like: " los recovery error package is for product xz2c but excepted 8324... "
    - after that, In the recovery I enabled adb ;
    - then from pc " adb reboot sideload " ;
    - after it " adb sideload lineage-19.1-20220617-nightly-xz2c-signed.zip " ; <- it went perfectly now
    - rebooted to recovery from recovery ;
    - then " adb sideload MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605.zip " ;
    - rebooted phone once ;
    - made patched magisk boot img file with magisk app
    - rebooted to fastboot, then flash patched magisk boot img ;

All of my programs, settings, passwords, mail accounts, are remained as they was. What I've looked at so far is all working. The rooting process still good. My Telekom and Bank applications could still hided from they root detection. And what surprised me was, that the poweramp equalizer also works properly, although on my other " gaming " phone on an xperia x compact ( kugo ) also under lineage os 19.1 i can't work it at all. And here is perfect. ( At least in addition to spotify ).

Thanks again!

Edit: My phone is a H8324 ( DualSim , EU version )
    Official builds are now available!

In order to switch from unofficial to official builds a clean flash is required. Please refer to the official installation guide on how to clean flash properly.
    Hi

I'm looking to flash my phone as I've run into the Stock issue where the secondary mic stops working (annoying.. happened after a factory reset).

Anyhoo..

I'm weighing up between Official 18 and Unofficial 19. I saw the Sony camera doesn't work with Unofficial 18. Doe it work with 19?

Thanks!
    Only as a magisk module but it's not the stock version camera but an updated apk. Check xperiance at gitlab.

I would suggest waiting for the official 19.1 builds. Everything is in place, just some stuff needs to be merged from someone with write privileges to those repositories.
    Does it support VoLTE and/or VoWiFi for Europe carriers ? For example T-Mobile PL ?
    Or I have to add IMS configs by myself ?
    Yes, orange, play, telekom and many others got added here: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_tama-common/+/327624
    But better wait for the build of tomorrow since SonyOpenTelephony isn't working on latest build right now.