[ROM][13.0][coral] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

prairied0gg

Sep 9, 2011
Hey Google (in assistant settings) is acting a bit strange for me. When I open “Say Hey Google”, the toggle is off but quickly moves itself to on. It won’t stay on though.
I’m not so good at explaining things so I attached a little video. IMG_0045.gif

Sorry for asking, can i edit build.prop on this rom? Or how can I change it? I try to edit but no success with all file managers app and kernel managers app :( i got the latest magisk.
You will need to use system-less prop changes, /system is read only, which follows the stock design, whereas LOS is R/W. What are you trying to change? PropsConfig will change the signature and device, so what specifically are you looking to modify in the build.prop?

谷歌原生

Mar 12, 2016
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 4 XL
Other than now playing and the flashlight (camera in use) --> but still works with the power button, this ROM is PHENOMINAL! I have ONLY used it since my day 1 post, and not a single bug, or FC, or crash, yes I have the "camera in use" for my flashlight tiles, and always on isnt showing up with music, but to me, they are not bugs, but issues. Bugs are show stoppers, neither of these are showstoppers, the flashlight works fine when configured to use the power button (which is how I use anyways), and Now Playing is most likely a Google Framework issue, so I am reviewing this to see whats up, but otherwise, its FLAWLESS!!
1, Google Assistant cannot wake up with voice
2. The location permission of each app lacks the option and switch of "exact location"
3,now playing can't recognize any music
4, After the QS is all pulled down, the date in the upper left corner is not aligned with the time below, and the time is to the left

Last edited:

hardwareadictos

Jun 15, 2013
Quick note: seems that active edge it's not working, it allows you to configure it, it detects pressure on the edges, but doesnt allow you to end the configuration. ¿Are other users experimenting it?

prairied0gg

Sep 9, 2011
Quick note: seems that active edge it's not working, it allows you to configure it, it detects pressure on the edges, but doesnt allow you to end the configuration. ¿Are other users experimenting it?
I’m running Pixel Experience Plus and have been using Active Edge to open Assistant without issue. I did a quick test of “squeeze to silence phone” using the timer and it also worked for me.

hardwareadictos

Jun 15, 2013
I’m running Pixel Experience Plus and have been using Active Edge to open Assistant without issue. I did a quick test of “squeeze to silence phone” using the timer and it also worked for me.
Oh men... Just realized that i had to squeeze the phone to accept the press intensity... Feeling like an idiot...

So, for my side only intelligent charging not working, nice ROM for people who only wants a stock experience with newer security patches on this device which is out of support :)

1, Google Assistant cannot wake up with voice
2. The location permission of each app lacks the option and switch of "exact location"
3,now playing can't recognize any music
4, After the QS is all pulled down, the date in the upper left corner is not aligned with the time below, and the time is to the left
1) I dont use GA so cant comment
2) I dont have this issue at all
3) agreed and noted in my list
4) I dont have this issue but I do use AOSP mods (magisk module) so I theme my QS

But the problems are there and it's not as flawless as you make it out to be
Its flawless with functionality, sure there's ALWAYS little minor bugs, even in stock. If you are so unhappy with it, then bake your own ROM, or go back to factory and deal with Google on the bugs, or better yet, rewrite the code to fix whatever issue you have, and share the fix with us, but do not complain and do nothing more to help the situation!

Regarding bugs, see how much support you get with reporting a stock firmware bug to Google and see if it gets fixed (cuz they ALL have them), all ROMs have bugs, LOS, custom, and FACTORY! The ROM is FLAWLESS! EVERYTHING its SUPPOSED TO DO, DOES and WORKS, no service or RIL issues whatsoever, so I do not agree with your comment at all. Newbs need to understand, custom means possible bugs, so we do this at our own risks, to me, this ROM IS PURE FLAWLESS, with minor user issues, these issues DO NOT AFFECT usability or RIL (text/MMS/calls), data, WiFi, GPS, and ALL phone functions, so yeah, this ROM IS FLAWLESS!!!

To the rest of the XDA world, this ROM is FLAWLESS! It works VERY well, with a very few issues that I am sure can be fixed if the user really wanted to work around them. I just dont use GA nor care about the stock launcher so I dont fix it!

Last edited:
I did not understand, there is hope that this will be fixed in future updates or do you suggest using the nova launcher?
P.S. Factory firmware does not have this problem.
No idea, I do not use stock launcher, never have, even with STOCK firmware. Nova just works awesome, so I have always used it. Why bother with any launcher that has bugs, try a different one until you find one you like better. Android means, customizations, so you can change any aspect of it.

谷歌原生

Mar 12, 2016
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 4 XL
Its flawless with functionality, sure there's ALWAYS little minor bugs, even in stock. If you are so unhappy with it, then bake your own ROM, or go back to factory and deal with Google on the bugs, or better yet, rewrite the code to fix whatever issue you have, and share the fix with us, but do not complain and do nothing more to help the situation!

Regarding bugs, see how much support you get with reporting a stock firmware bug to Google and see if it gets fixed (cuz they ALL have them), all ROMs have bugs, LOS, custom, and FACTORY! The ROM is FLAWLESS! EVERYTHING its SUPPOSED TO DO, DOES and WORKS, no service or RIL issues whatsoever, so I do not agree with your comment at all. Newbs need to understand, custom means possible bugs, so we do this at our own risks, to me, this ROM IS PURE FLAWLESS, with minor user issues, these issues DO NOT AFFECT usability or RIL (text/MMS/calls), data, WiFi, GPS, and ALL phone functions, so yeah, this ROM IS FLAWLESS!!!

To the rest of the XDA world, this ROM is FLAWLESS! It works VERY well, with a very few issues that I am sure can be fixed if the user really wanted to work around them. I just dont use GA nor care about the stock launcher so I dont fix it!
If there is a problem, it can’t be said to be perfect. What you said has problems with the official ROM of the pixel. I don’t think the official ROM of the pixel is perfect. Even Apple's iOS has a lot of bugs. It's not perfect. There is nothing perfect in the world.

Reactions: dorik-xxx
If there is a problem, it can’t be said to be perfect. What you said has problems with the official ROM of the pixel. I don’t think the official ROM of the pixel is perfect. Even Apple's iOS has a lot of bugs. It's not perfect. There is nothing perfect in the world.
Agreed, that's my point, so I am not sure what you are talking about. I said, the ROM is perfect, everything works, and you replied, no, it doesn't. You found annoying bugs, I didn't know about, because I could care less about GA working. Regarding the phone (what it is remember, this is STILL just a phone) ALL WORKS FLAWLESS! This is my point, everything with RIL (mobile service calls, txt, MMS, ETC) WORKS as intended.

I am not arguing, but pointing out to readers, it works. We can agree to disagree, but I am not wasting time going back and forth to beat the dead horse, with what is considered 'phone' requirements. RIL works, that means the PHONE is a PHONE and WORKS. Then I noted of COURSE there will be bugs, EVERYTHING has bugs, but you didnt like that reply.

Caith

Apr 27, 2010
Bogotá
Moto E
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Hi, i'm glad with this ROM, so could you add the VoLTE option, it's available in Pixel Experience in Blueline build, I know that are different developers, so if you can I would be grateful :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New 20230109 build is out.

The changelog:
    • January security patch
    • Pixel Launcher fixes
    • Update kernel
    • Update proprietary vendor blobs
    • Changes for NFC to work properly
    • Fixes to random app crash dialogues
    does this update allow for rooting with magisk? I know there are couple of devices the system is setup differently and official pe rom doesn't have root for them.
    Yes, just patch the recovery image provided by PE using Magisk Manager and flash it using fastboot (read PE installation guide if you are unsure on how to flash it).

Edit: As to why patching the recovery image, this writing should explain why.
    Hi everyone, I have a problem with volume level after getting notification in the latest build.

For example: If you listen or watching YouTube and getting notification from any other app volume of YouTube app gets lower and never go back to original level which was before the notification.

Another thing is If I listen Spotify and start play music from telegram, Spotify music doesn’t stop like it was in previous builds, so 2 or 3 apps can play sound in the same time.

Does anyone have these problems with sound?
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 4 XL [coral]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    here you can check the latest version, in stock ROM sometimes the update is available here before official update, it's optional.

The safe method is to open play store, settings, at the bottom, click update Play Store and this will update the needed framework, plus everything needed for the latest Google Play Framework. This is native to all Android ROMs, stock, AOSP, and so on, anything that runs the Google Framework with Play Store will have this option built-in.

Public Service Announcement - I would NEVER EVER advise installing an APK for a system function on a custom ROM (heck, not even on a stock firmware would I say it's OK to do). ESPECIALLY one from a lower version of Android (this system APK was pulled from Android 12), this is A13!

Please be careful with giving out advice on things like this or users will fail and lose data. I know you are trying to help, so please don't misunderstand my pushback, I appreciate anyone who tries to help others. BUT, at the same token, I will always jump in if I see advice that can potentially cause data loss, this is a BIG one for that risk.
    On the factory firmware, it was enough to set an alarm for the morning, in the evening after 21:00 when I put the phone on charge, adaptive charging always turned on, on PE under the same conditions there is always fast charging, the phone charges in 1.5-2 hours, a it should be charged until the morning
    ah got it, so it's not an app or service being used to test, but original methods used on factory firmware and such. Let me test a few things, and make sure it's ACTUALLY doing what I think it's doing and follow-up. In my opinion, I do think it's working (as I configured it to function, but maybe not), so let me follow-up after I dig in.
    What is this? And what is he responsible for? On PE+, it is not updated but is installed as a normal application, it is not in the system
    here you can check the latest version, in stock ROM sometimes the update is available here before official update, it's optional.