Development [ROM][13.0] crDroid 9 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread
Has anyone else faced problems with touch?
I tried Arrowos 13 and this, both had the problem.
I can confirm this issue. Sometimes the display misinterpret a short touch as long press and persist the loop till touch somewhere else. I activated the touch feedback in developer options. When the bug occurs the glowing feedback of touch keeps glowing. I am just not sure if it's ROM based or hardware based.

Reactions: bad1080

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I can confirm this issue. Sometimes the display misinterpret a short touch as long press and persist the loop till touch somewhere else. I activated the touch feedback in developer options. When the bug occurs the glowing feedback of touch keeps glowing. I am just not sure if it's ROM based or hardware based.
ROM based.
It was already a few months ago with other ROMS in A12.....

diogofd8

Oct 28, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Moto G5
Alright, I've used this rom for about a week, here's a list of bugs I've encountered which weren't present in crDroid 8. I don't know whether they are A13 specific issues or crDroid 9 issues but I guess other users can test it out and give continuous feedback.

1) Pinch to zoom on pictures is broken in some cases. Instagram used to let me pinch on feed pictures and zoom them with crDroid 8 but not with this version. In GalleryGo (Goggle Gallery) the pinch zoom mostly works but I've had situations where I needed to restart the app and try again for it to work.

2) Some apps load poor resolution images and won't ever reload with a better resolution one. Off the top of my head, Tachiyomi (a manga app) is unreadable with this fw and also Relay for reddit has these issues. There's no way I can see the original quality of the image unless I open it with a browser (i.e. Firefox). Again, I've got no idea if this is related to problem 1) or if it is an app related bug as A13 is still quite "new".

3) Swipe-up on the lockscreen to get to the unlocking pattern isn't working properly. We used to be able to swipe half of the screen pretty fast to get to that menu but with this crDroid 9 the only way I can trigger the unlocking menu is by swiping the entire screen vertically, if I miss 1% of the screen it won't stay there and won't let me unlock the phone.

4) The fingerprint sensor got worse? I might have just have sweaty fingers throughout this week but I'd say unlocking the phone has gotten pretty inconsistent. Sometimes I actually give up and just enter the pattern. I've tried resetting the fingers on settings but it didn't get any better.

Now some suggestions/questions about further development:

- Leica cam - I've seen people making videos on YouTube about a LOS A13 custom rom on our "sweet" phone with Leica cam included and working. Is it something crDroid devs are looking to import for crDroid 9 hence they've dropped the MIUI camera from previous versions?

- Kernel/wakelocks/deepSleep - The first 3 days of using this rom I had to keep the phone pretty much hugging the charger. It was never entering deepSleep and was always getting high Google Play Services usage. I decided testing out some 3rd party kernels such as Vantom (the christmas release) and some other that was based on Vantom but had a more recent update (sorry, I don't remember its name). They both managed to get the phone to enter deepSleep and battery life improved quite a lot due to that. Is this a confirmed issue with the provided kernel or something that isn't being tackled? Flashing a different kernel and reporting issues is quite unproductive so I made sure everything I've reported here was reproducible with a clean crDroid9 installation.

- crDroid Settings - 3-key navigation bar lacks some settings (such as clear all) in the recents menu. It also tends to vibrate the phone twice with one single tap of the back button in some apps (Instagram and WhatsApp did this a lot but I think it is something that I even caught happening while navigating through the settings app). This was also reproducible in crDroid8, but not 7. The status bar clock settings, if one sets a custom date format and moves the clock to appear on the right side, it will be too close to the battery icon, no space at all available in-between, I don't know if it is intended or not. It is a minor non-important thing but I felt like giving feedback about it also.

Molvol

Jan 8, 2013

I also have an issue. I sometimes registers a touch and highlights the item, but doesn't execute the intended action. A second touch then works as expected.

1) Pinch to zoom on pictures is broken in some cases. Instagram used to let me pinch on feed pictures and zoom

2) Some apps load poor resolution images and won't ever reload with a better resolution one. Off the top of my head,

3) Swipe-up on the lockscreen to get to the unlocking pattern isn't working properly. We used to be able to swipe half

4) The fingerprint sensor got worse? I might have just have sweaty fingers throughout this week but I'd say
1) haven't had an issue except on some webpages, but believed it to be a website problem
2) Not noticed
3) definitely don't have that issue, the slightest swipe up works
4) mine works very well and sensitive

I also am using TWRP twrp-3.7.0_12-0-sweet.img and haven't had any issues.

I do have huge issues with VPN and Voip. They don't connect properly, disabling IPv6 worked for VPN but is not permanent, even with Magisk module (wish the ROM had an option). Also internet connection broke down several times. Browsers reported "not reachable" or were extremly slow, ping, however, worked fine. Disabling Wifi cured it.

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
Alright, I've used this rom for about a week, here's a list of bugs I've encountered which weren't present in crDroid 8. I don't know whether they are A13 specific issues or crDroid 9 issues but I guess other users can test it out and give continuous feedback.

1) Pinch to zoom on pictures is broken in some cases. Instagram used to let me pinch on feed pictures and zoom them with crDroid 8 but not with this version. In GalleryGo (Goggle Gallery) the pinch zoom mostly works but I've had situations where I needed to restart the app and try again for it to work.

2) Some apps load poor resolution images and won't ever reload with a better resolution one. Off the top of my head, Tachiyomi (a manga app) is unreadable with this fw and also Relay for reddit has these issues. There's no way I can see the original quality of the image unless I open it with a browser (i.e. Firefox). Again, I've got no idea if this is related to problem 1) or if it is an app related bug as A13 is still quite "new".

3) Swipe-up on the lockscreen to get to the unlocking pattern isn't working properly. We used to be able to swipe half of the screen pretty fast to get to that menu but with this crDroid 9 the only way I can trigger the unlocking menu is by swiping the entire screen vertically, if I miss 1% of the screen it won't stay there and won't let me unlock the phone.

4) The fingerprint sensor got worse? I might have just have sweaty fingers throughout this week but I'd say unlocking the phone has gotten pretty inconsistent. Sometimes I actually give up and just enter the pattern. I've tried resetting the fingers on settings but it didn't get any better.

Now some suggestions/questions about further development:

- Leica cam - I've seen people making videos on YouTube about a LOS A13 custom rom on our "sweet" phone with Leica cam included and working. Is it something crDroid devs are looking to import for crDroid 9 hence they've dropped the MIUI camera from previous versions?

- Kernel/wakelocks/deepSleep - The first 3 days of using this rom I had to keep the phone pretty much hugging the charger. It was never entering deepSleep and was always getting high Google Play Services usage. I decided testing out some 3rd party kernels such as Vantom (the christmas release) and some other that was based on Vantom but had a more recent update (sorry, I don't remember its name). They both managed to get the phone to enter deepSleep and battery life improved quite a lot due to that. Is this a confirmed issue with the provided kernel or something that isn't being tackled? Flashing a different kernel and reporting issues is quite unproductive so I made sure everything I've reported here was reproducible with a clean crDroid9 installation.

- crDroid Settings - 3-key navigation bar lacks some settings (such as clear all) in the recents menu. It also tends to vibrate the phone twice with one single tap of the back button in some apps (Instagram and WhatsApp did this a lot but I think it is something that I even caught happening while navigating through the settings app). This was also reproducible in crDroid8, but not 7. The status bar clock settings, if one sets a custom date format and moves the clock to appear on the right side, it will be too close to the battery icon, no space at all available in-between, I don't know if it is intended or not. It is a minor non-important thing but I felt like giving feedback about it also.

I see #3 as well, but it isn't 100% and usually goes away in microseconds... but I am annoyed in those microseconds.

Molvol

Jan 8, 2013
The volume keys on my old phone with AEX worked such that they adjusted ring volume and vibrate/off unless some audio was playing. Only then did they adjust media volume. I used this daily to adjust/quiet the phone in my pocket with one hand. Never had to look at it or take it out.
I'm quite bummed that I can only adjust media volume on CrDroid and the only shortcut I found can only do EITHER vibrate OR quiet and requires two key presses (volume and off). But it doesn't work on lockscreen, so useless for my purpose.

Any ideas to get this functionality back?

Skynet00

Aug 10, 2012
Has anyone else noticed issues with audio playback volume fluctuating?

It's happening when I listen to songs on NewPipe through wired headphones.

It doesn't seem to happen for internal speakers
It doesn't seem to happen on my other phone running NewPipe or when I play the same song on desktop.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
hey there, testing this rom as daily driver now for my brand new RM10pro. first things I noticed in the first day:

- I also noticed the touch issues a lot, esp. in settings menu. you have to touch something else to finish the incomplete-touch from before - and retouch again. it gets annoying over time.

- @Skynet00 I also noticed the volume changes in audio playback.. listening to an audio book the volume drives roller coaster. noticed this with internal speaker. I suspected the preinstalled dolby atmos app for this or some other loudness equation setting somewhere. so far I've disabled dolby atmos and it MIGHT have helped but I need to evaluate further. try it for yourself, setup and disable dolby atmos setting (it has something like "intelligent" setting by default)

- first impression on battery usage: system drains a lot more than I suspected. pure lineageOS had double the battery time. again, I still need to evaluate further as I'm using the phone a lot currently, so don't count on it.

Skynet00

Aug 10, 2012
- @Skynet00 I also noticed the volume changes in audio playback.. listening to an audio book the volume drives roller coaster. noticed this with internal speaker. I suspected the preinstalled dolby atmos app for this or some other loudness equation setting somewhere. so far I've disabled dolby atmos and it MIGHT have helped but I need to evaluate further. try it for yourself, setup and disable dolby atmos setting (it has something like "intelligent" setting by default)
Thanks! That fixed it for me. I wonder why this proprietary garbage got included?

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
google changed some logic behind safetynet attestation in the last days...
safetynet doesn't work anymore with universal safetynet fix.

the custom rom maintainers need to change update their props values. hope we get this in crdroid soon.

more details: USNF thread

jnsson

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
google changed some logic behind safetynet attestation in the last days...
safetynet doesn't work anymore with universal safetynet fix.

the custom rom maintainers need to change update their props values. hope we get this in crdroid soon.

more details: USNF thread

Try out this (for me it's working)

Post in thread '👍 [SHARED][ROM] [ANDROID 13] [OSS] PULKITS lineage os 20 18.01.23/ checked by myself' https://xdaforums.com/t/shared-rom-...01-23-checked-by-myself.4514085/post-88045439

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
Try out this (for me it's working)

Post in thread '👍 [SHARED][ROM] [ANDROID 13] [OSS] PULKITS lineage os 20 18.01.23/ checked by myself' https://xdaforums.com/t/shared-rom-...01-23-checked-by-myself.4514085/post-88045439
are you talking about hiding root from banking apps, or passing safetynet fix? because thats different. some banking apps don't care about safetynet at all, they just want to check for root. in that case, these apps can still be used even without working safetynet.

for users with google pay, safetynet is important of course.

the method you mention might work for you, because you are using lineageOS, which usually doesn't spoof device fingerprints by default. crDroid and other customROMs are probably different here. and as the guy in the linked thread mentions: if the rom integrates it's own prop changes/spoofing, it's likely that it doesn't work anymore. in this case the ROM has to be changed and updated.

Reactions: Sheist!

Sheist!

Oct 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Redmi Note 11
are you talking about hiding root from banking apps, or passing safetynet fix? because thats different. some banking apps don't care about safetynet at all, they just want to check for root. in that case, these apps can still be used even without working safetynet.

the method you mention might work for you, because you are using lineageOS, which usually doesn't spoof device fingerprints by default. crDroid and other customROMs are probably different here. and as the guy in the linked thread mentions: if the rom integrates it's own prop changes/spoofing, it's likely that it doesn't work anymore. in this case the ROM has to be changed and updated.
Good. The crDroid recovery offers no such cache deletion ability.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016

I'm talking about both
Certified google and working banking apps
Pulkits lineage 20 got unlimited photos, so spoof....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    has anybody else noticed a tremendous boost in battery life with v9.15? i am talking like double what i had before (i should mention my phone is mostly idle/sleeping). idk how this is even possible and i also know i can't trust the battery management too much (see my previous posts) but it shows me a prediction of ten days with full battery. and i am now 4 days in and at 57% battery...
    if this is for real you did an incredible job neobuddy89!
    I was wondering about the same! the march update was a day and night change for battery life.

suddenly the batterly lasts twice as long as before.. and I didn't change anything but update/dirty flash to this latest version. 3 days with moderate usage - no problem anymore.

whatever it was, something before drained massive battery for no obvious reason.
    has anybody else noticed a tremendous boost in battery life with v9.15? i am talking like double what i had before (i should mention my phone is mostly idle/sleeping). idk how this is even possible and i also know i can't trust the battery management too much (see my previous posts) but it shows me a prediction of ten days with full battery. and i am now 4 days in and at 57% battery...
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Features:
    * Encrypted build
    * Vanilla build (no gapps)
    * Selinux enforcing and Safety net passes by default
    * More info - Click here

First Time Installation:
    * Backup before you begin
    * Reboot to provided or TWRP based recovery.
    * Format Data , even coming from crDroid 8.x
    (otherwise you may not able to boot ROM due to encryption complexities)
    * Flash ROM via adb sideload
    * Flash Nik Gapps core + Gapps Search addon + Google Device Personalization addon via adb sideload
    * Reboot and profit!

Update Installation:
    * Backup before you begin
    * Ensure you are on provided 12/13 recovery
    * Use Updater app to download update and flash
    (or download update separately and use Updater app with Local update option)
    * No need to flash gapps if already flashed.

Download:
    Click Here

Known issues:
    * None.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_xiaomi_sm6150-common

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid sweet/sweetin - crDroid Telegram
    Donate to help me in development
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help CrDroid team pay server costs
    Nice :D I really don't understand why so many people just say wipe everything and make a clean install. Even with backups of everything I still need 1 or 2 full days to completely redo all my system customizations and it's such an insane amount of work.
    I was wondering about the same! the march update was a day and night change for battery life.

suddenly the batterly lasts twice as long as before.. and I didn't change anything but update/dirty flash to this latest version. 3 days with moderate usage - no problem anymore.

whatever it was, something before drained massive battery for no obvious reason.
    I had been using crDroid for about a year, I really like the ROM and I decided to do a clean install to version 9 (A13). Everything works including MTP, camera, bluetooth, wifi, hotspot.. I didn't find any problems in use, but... but there is a battery drain problem, the phone in airplane mode consumed 20% of the battery in 8 hours battery, while before with the same apps installed the consumption in this mode was about 3%, I hope that you will be able to have a good battery life even with this ROM because currently with moderate use of the phone, you are not even able to get to the end of the day with 5000mha of battery. I thank the developer for the excellent work done so far and I look forward to solving these problems.
    Thank you!
    Ok. Finally got Magisk working with banking and intune company portal app. Thank you @Laptapper for valuable hint.

2 3 things to remember.

If you are installing Magisk after installing all other apps, its good. You will see all apps you need to hide in Zygisk. BUT after installing Magisk,

1. Reboot your phone first.
    2. DONT open anything. First open Magisk and hide it in settings.
    3. Enable Zygisk and add apps in denylist there Eg banking apps, intune company portal etc.
    4. Hide every google process (tip. Enable "Show system apps" and "Show os apps". Blindly hide all google process there).
    5. Clear cache and storage of not only google but all the apps also which you have hidden in zygisk denylist. This may result in reconfigure the apps again like login again etc.
    6. Reboot the phone again.
    7. Now open all the apps and configure.

For Outlook and MS Team, delete and add the work account again.

Some feedback about new build of 23Dec.

Ok. Dirty flashed the new 23Dec build of this ROM over 17Dec build. Long press on home button still not working. I mean not doing anything.

Another issue which I found was Alarm was not working in 17Dec build.IIts working in 23Dec Build.

Another issue which I found is when you try to change the font from settings-- crdroid setting -- user interface -- font, it will only be applied to system settings and not to other areas like app drawer or whatsapp. In earlier version, changing fonts gets applied to all areas like app drawer and whatsapp also.

Touch is comparatively better than 17Dec build. Atleast in last 1 hour usages.

And that Battery drain issue is back. Lost 6% in 1 hour of usage. Lets monitor this for another week or two. Lets hope this 6% is only because of my usages.

Thanks once again @Laptapper and @HidetoraChishu

Additional in 5
    Important additional hide play store and delete caches of Google Play and google services

Additional in 6
    Check in play Store Google certified