LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.1/12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo
. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review
. You can also view the Changelog
for a full list of changes & features.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
All variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F, A525F/DS, A525M, A525M/DS, A725F, A725F/DS, A725M and A725F/DS) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device.
- Mobile data
Make sure you are on OneUI 5 firmware before flashing this ROM, otherwise the installation will fail!
- VoLTE/VoWIFI (Samsung's implementation doesn't work on AOSP)
- Audio output in VoIP calls is swapped (WhatsApp, Discord, etc)
- On some bluetooth Watches/Earphones In-Call sound is played from the phone's speaker/earpiece
Follow the guide on the LineageOS website: A52 4G
Alternative way (TWRP/OrangeFox)
- Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
- If not done before, flash blank VBMeta with Odin in AP slot.
- Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP/OrangeFox installed.
- If wanted, backup all your necessary partitions (super, boot, data, EFS) before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
- Download the lineage build for your device from the link below and optionally download your preferred GApps package too.
- Flash the LineageOS zip using the "Install" button.
- Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
- Format data in TWRP/OrangeFox as the very last thing, otherwise you may end up in a bootloop if coming from stock ROM.
- Wipe metadata and cache partitions. This only has to be done once when you install LineageOS.
A52 4G: download.lineageos.org
A72 4G: download.lineageos.org
Gapps (choose arm64 and 13.0):
| NikGapps Canary
They aren't necessary, but if you like my work feel free to send me
- Me, for spending my time on this project
- Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
- @Grarak for his fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix
- @TheLeo2307 for testing on his A72
- @miamighost for testing on his A52
- Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125