LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All variations of M52 5G (M526B, M526BR) should be supported, but only M526B is well tested and guaranteed to work.
- Fingerprint gestures
- Mobile data
- VoLTE/VoWIFI (Samsung's implementation doesn't work on AOSP)
- Touch in Lineage recovery only works when constantly tapping the screen while booting into recovery
Make sure you are on OneUI 5 firmware (C bootloader or newer) before flashing this ROM, otherwise the installation might fail or not boot!
NOTE: Usually, installing a custom recovery and vbmeta requires you to use Odin (Windows) or Heimdall (Linux/Mac). However, as Heimdall is often troublesome, you can also use Odin4 (Linux) which works by far better and easier than Heimdall. See the Odin4 XDA thread here.
Follow the guide on the LineageOS wiki.
Alternative way (TWRP)
- Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
- Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP installed.
- If wanted, backup all your necessary partitions (super, boot, vendor_boot, data, EFS) before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
- Download the lineage build for M52 from the link below and optionally download your preferred GApps package too.
- Flash the LineageOS zip using the "Install" button.
- Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
- Wipe metadata and cache partitions. This only has to be done once when you install LineageOS.
- Format data in TWRP as the very last thing, otherwise you may end up in a bootloop if coming from stock ROM.
Gapps (choose arm64 and 13.0):
They aren't necessary, but if you like my work feel free to send me or LineageOS a donation to keep me/us motivated.
- Me, for spending my time on this
- Huge thanks to @PauloWesley for testing everything on his M52
- @BlackMesa123 for general help
- Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_sm7325