Development [ROM][13.0][hanoip] LineageOS 20.0 [AOSP][G60/G40F]

Search This thread

rolandcr

Jun 14, 2022
Hey @Raghu varma , thanks a lot for your work. Decided to buy the Moto G60 after finding your ROM on this forum. I' m using your LineageOS rom (without the gapps...) and it works well. The battery life is just insane, no need to recharge since friday or so when I flashed it. Also the Gcam is working well, very good images. Very happy with it. I just cannot find the accent color change in the Wallpaper & Style screen, it just the background+darktheme switch+app raster, nothing else. Maybe there' s another way to do that?
Very good work 🙃 👍

Reactions: Raghu varma
Oct 6, 2018
Moto G40 / G60
Hey @Raghu varma , thanks a lot for your work. Decided to buy the Moto G60 after finding your ROM on this forum. I' m using your LineageOS rom (without the gapps...) and it works well. The battery life is just insane, no need to recharge since friday or so when I flashed it. Also the Gcam is working well, very good images. Very happy with it. I just cannot find the accent color change in the Wallpaper & Style screen, it just the background+darktheme switch+app raster, nothing else. Maybe there' s another way to do that?
Very good work 🙃 👍
Hello sir, are you currently using the ROM? if yes, would you be willing to check something simple for me?

Coziness2847

Jun 19, 2022
Im so happy to see LineageOS rom for G60, maybe am test out this rom, but am preffer to install in official state :D so thanks for u work

liman17

Jun 19, 2022
Do you play any games on the device, if you do would you be able to check if "New state mobile" or "Apex legends Mobile" have the gyroscope working on "always on" settings? Other games have working gyroscope. Only these two games have faulty Gyroscope. I'm wondering if it's a software issue.
in Apex Gyro dont work, i tested

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - the people who are on May 2022 security patch can simply update to latest release via OTA from settings like stock rom.

Changelog Thu Jun 23 17:51:03 UTC 2022
===========================

• June 2022 security patch

• fixed default global action gestures

• powered by OSS black caps kernel

• switched to compressed kernel by default

streetu

Jul 25, 2012
Gdańsk
@Raghu varma First of all your Rom is great, especially battery life. However after latest update through OTA i lost fingerprint option. And is it possible to add NFC support?

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - the people who are on May 2022 security patch can simply update to latest release via OTA from settings like stock rom.

Changelog Thu Jun 23 17:51:03 UTC 2022

• June 2022 security patch

• fixed default global action gestures

• powered by OSS black caps kernel

• switched to compressed kernel by default
Announcement
==========

Recently we pushed OTA update for Lineage OS & Pixel experience. We are aware with the fingerprint issue on few Motorola G60 & G40 units.

At the moment we debugged the issue and decided to do some changes from the kernel level. Especially the units which are packed with chipone sensor encountered with fingerprint bug. Anyway we resolved it somehow.

For now we request whoever encountered with fingerprint issue to flash the recommended kernel via TWRP or OFX which is linked below.

Link : BLACK_CAPS-12L-hanoip-kernel-20220625-1333.zip

Thank you !

Reactions: streetu

WienerSchlitz

Apr 12, 2016
>>> Make a backup before update! <<<<

This update broke my root (Magisk v25.1) and my OrangeFox ([UNOFFICIAL][RECOVERY] [TOUCH FIXED] OrangeFox Recovery Project (OFRP) | Moto G40 Fusion/G60 [R11.1]).

Now I have to redo everything.

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
>>> Make a backup before update! <<<<

This update broke my root (Magisk v25.1) and my OrangeFox ([UNOFFICIAL][RECOVERY] [TOUCH FIXED] OrangeFox Recovery Project (OFRP) | Moto G40 Fusion/G60 [R11.1]).

Now I have to redo everything.
Yup ! It will definitely break your root and 3rd party recovery because of ota update contains the original rom files example accordingly to your issue i will pick boot.img So whenever you update your phone via OTA it will override your older modified boot.img which contains root and custom recovery with new boot.img contains no root and original recovery. So just do flash again if needed.

WienerSchlitz

Apr 12, 2016
The old patched boot.img didn't work for some reason so I reflashed the last image cleanly with OF. I entered adb shell (the phone must be booted into OF or TWRP to have root access), browsed to /dev/block/by-name/ and copyed the boot_a file (boot_b is the same) to /sdcard. I exited the adb shell and I did adb pull /sdcard/boot_a. I patched the file with Magisk before I flashed it with fastboot. To enter the phone in fastboot mode just restart to bootloader and simply switch the menu with the volume keys until you reach "BOOTLOADER LOGS". You are in fastboot mode now.

I did this after I messed up everything because I didn't know how to do it propperly. Now everything works. Good phone, best rom. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raghu varma

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Hats off excellent work ! appreciated
Thank you !

Would it be possible to bring back the "Hello moto" startup?

Hey dev , is it possible to add moto camera is this rom and the pixel experience rom?
Hahahah , say no to OEM features.

If anyone is using this ROM can they please tell me if gyroscope is working on "always on" settings in New state mobile or Apex legends Mobile. Any of these two.

It's working in a few games only. I would love to switch to this ROM if gyroscope is working in those games.
it works with no issues.

Very good work 🙃 👍
Thank you ! but for Wallpaper & Style Trebuchet won't offer much . Make sure to use any pixel launcher mod to get monet features or NikGapps

is there any way to make NFC work on this ROM?
As of now we integrated NFC functionality from source level to make it work. But we have to debug the feature anyway.
is auto call recording there in this rom?
Google dialer or something else?
Default Google dialer has call recording option and working fine with no issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage.jpg

LineageOS for Moto G60 & G40

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * LineageOS Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Thu Sep 29 17:17:54 UTC 2022
    =============================

• Initial Android 13 Lineage 20.0 build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r6
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Thanks a ton. I'm using it and already loving it. I wanted to build the ROM myself but could not gather enough courage or time to do so.

Please try to share the source code somewhere so that more ROMs can be developed

Also donated to your UPI link;)
    Hi @Raghu varma , I tried all your builds (LineageOs, Pixel Exp, CherishOs) and found that double tap to wake doesn't work in any of them. Also lineageOs doesn't have face I'd under security settings. Apart from these, these Roms give better battery backup than stock ROM. I am loving these, hopefully I would like to see official lineage builds, but I know it doesn't matter if it is official or unofficial. Good work bro, keep going.
    Hi ,

Thanks for your feedback & gentle comments.

Sure ! I will definitely try to fix and release in next round.

Thank you!
    Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Moreover please flash the recommended MindtheGApps package from my downloads page.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• device code identification changed from hanoip to raven
    ( this change won't be reflected on the rom but it will show the impact for safety net pass without root from the minute you boot the rom )

• device name identification changed from Moto G60 to Pixel 6 pro ( this change won't be reflected on the rom but it will show the impact for safety net pass without root from the minute you boot the rom )

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 800 MB ( this helps for flashing Google apps seperately )

• fixed flashing GApps zip from TWRP.