Development [ROM][13.0][hanoip] LineageOS 20.0 [AOSP][G60/G40F]

Search This thread

dhinesh_cool

Jan 17, 2018
Moto X4
Google Pixel 3
Absolutely ridiculous. But anyway get back to stock firmware and install lineage 20.0 from scratch. That's the reason for safer side we ( our internal team tested on couple of old firmwares/new firmwares so no point of worrying about stock rom or may be something went wrong with your hardware level ) last we don't bother about any assurance on what went wrong because we don't release unless we use by our own hands.

Cheers 🥂
This why wrong if your small team cannot find then it is not a bug?
First of all it is common bug on most of moto phone that why everyone using copy-partition.zip just don't avoid If it is not happen to you

dhinesh_cool

Jan 17, 2018
Moto X4
Google Pixel 3
I see... Thank you very much for the explanation! I never had this issue on any of my devices. And I had a couple of devices from different brands. Never had this issue. But good to know! Thank you for the info!
I brick my moto g5plus by this same issue
Fortunately when working on x4 I took backup of persist , i lost imei but luckly i fixed by restoring backup, i found out this issue happen mostly when moto update major Android version

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
@raghuvarma this happens because of firmware mismatch ,this can be avoided by
Using latest firmware,then flash copy-partition.zip which flashes latest firmware on both slots then flash rom

Adjust instructions like this it will reduce this kind of things
For positive points i always support. sure why not , i will definitely implement once i test from my end.

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
@Raghu varma can i flash this rom over my pixel experience 12 rom with existing recovery without using laptop or computer.....or any process to flash this rom without the help of laptop or computer....i want to badly use this rom...i cant wait more..pls help..
@arsradu pls comment
Always proceed with computer with proper steps linked in the main thread. so don't take risk through recovery

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
@Raghu varma can i flash this rom over my pixel experience 12 rom with existing recovery without using laptop or computer.....or any process to flash this rom without the help of laptop or computer....i want to badly use this rom...i cant wait more..pls help..
@arsradu pls comment
You could, if you were using an SD card.
Otherwise, you need adb, which means a computer with data cable.
But I'm not sure if you can just flash this ROM on top of the other without wiping anything.i mean, you can. But I'm not sure if would be recommended.

reejuu

Sep 20, 2022
INDIA
Moto G
Micromax Canvas A89 Ninja
You could, if you were using an SD card.
Otherwise, you need adb, which means a computer with data cable.
But I'm not sure if you can just flash this ROM on top of the other without wiping anything.i mean, you can. But I'm not sure if would be recommended.
I am not using sd card.....so can i flash it over the existing rom with existing recovery of pixel experience rom

jhonatann989

Jan 2, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
I am not using sd card.....so can i flash it over the existing rom with existing recovery of pixel experience rom
You could. You can flash the ROM and wipe your data partition at the end of the flashing process. BUT BE CAREFUL. Be prepared if something goes wrong. You are going to need a PC to recover your phone if the device gets soft bricked.

It is better to wait until you have a trustable computer to do the corresponding procedure.

reejuu

Sep 20, 2022
INDIA
Moto G
Micromax Canvas A89 Ninja
You could. You can flash the ROM and wipe your data partition at the end of the flashing process. BUT BE CAREFUL. Be prepared if something goes wrong. You are going to need a PC to recover your phone if the device gets soft bricked.

It is better to wait until you have a trustable computer to do the corresponding procedure.
I will flash now without a computer...god hopes nothing happens....

jhonatann989

Jan 2, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
Is there any way to have permanent twrp recovery without computer? If yes tell me the process or tell me the application name?
@Raghu varma
@arsradu
@jhonatann989
No, because our device does not use dynamic partitions, so recovery is inside BOOT image. I don't remember if when you flash a ROM using TWRP, you see an option to flash recovery in the BOOT.img of the new room. You can try and see if that's possible.

In case that you do that successfully, TWRP will be available directly on the device.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
There is a twrp app available is playstore is it of any help in moto g60...and btw how to root moto g60? Is there any proper guidelines?
You can try...but probably not. We're not using official TWRP (it's developed by Raghu Varma), so I'm not sure the app would work. I also tried it on another Moto phone a while ago and didn't work.

For root, you need to flash magisk.zip from recovery. You can use the attached one, if you want.

To uninstall (remove root), just rename the zip into "uninstall.zip" and flash again.

Attachments

• Magisk-v25.2.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage.jpg

LineageOS for Moto G60 & G40

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * LineageOS Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Thu Sep 29 17:17:54 UTC 2022
    =============================

• Initial Android 13 Lineage 20.0 build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r6
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Thanks a ton. I'm using it and already loving it. I wanted to build the ROM myself but could not gather enough courage or time to do so.

Please try to share the source code somewhere so that more ROMs can be developed

Also donated to your UPI link;)
    Hi @Raghu varma , I tried all your builds (LineageOs, Pixel Exp, CherishOs) and found that double tap to wake doesn't work in any of them. Also lineageOs doesn't have face I'd under security settings. Apart from these, these Roms give better battery backup than stock ROM. I am loving these, hopefully I would like to see official lineage builds, but I know it doesn't matter if it is official or unofficial. Good work bro, keep going.
    Hi ,

Thanks for your feedback & gentle comments.

Sure ! I will definitely try to fix and release in next round.

Thank you!
    Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Moreover please flash the recommended MindtheGApps package from my downloads page.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022
    ===========================

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• device code identification changed from hanoip to raven
    ( this change won't be reflected on the rom but it will show the impact for safety net pass without root from the minute you boot the rom )

• device name identification changed from Moto G60 to Pixel 6 pro ( this change won't be reflected on the rom but it will show the impact for safety net pass without root from the minute you boot the rom )

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 800 MB ( this helps for flashing Google apps seperately )

• fixed flashing GApps zip from TWRP.