Development [ROM][13.0][hanoip] PixelExperience [AOSP][G60/G40F]

Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G60 & G40

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
RIL
Volte
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
NFC
Fingerprint
FM radio
Face unlock
Sound
vibration

Bugs
Double tap to wake

NOTE - DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
* PixelExperience Team for rom source
* Motorola for kernel source

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022
============================

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
• Based on android-13.0.0_r4
• Improved system stability
• User interface enhancements
• Google security patch 2022-09
• Selinux enforced
• Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-194117.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194117.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 481
  • Screenshot_20220930-194358.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194358.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 466
  • Screenshot_20220930-194402.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194402.png
    318 KB · Views: 473
  • Screenshot_20220930-194851.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194851.png
    1 MB · Views: 457
  • Screenshot_20220930-193216.png
    Screenshot_20220930-193216.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 429
  • Screenshot_20220930-193245.png
    Screenshot_20220930-193245.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 400
  • Screenshot_20220930-194108.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194108.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Screenshot_20220930-194424.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194424.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 387
  • Screenshot_20220930-194432.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194432.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 398
  • Screenshot_20220930-194824.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194824.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Changelog Wed May 25 19:51:50 UTC 2022

• Added swipe fingerprint for notifications under gestures settings
• Added higher aspect ratio screen support.
• Added option to switch refresh rate from 60 HZ to 120 HZ ( Vice versa ) under display settings.
• Added option to select auto refresh rate under display settings.

• Fixed device wake-up while plug in to charge mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: sachinsmac

cherrynani

Mar 31, 2018
Excellent rom smooth as AF ...Big thanks to your great effort .....everything is awesome .....only led notification is missing please provide in future updates ...

Reactions: Raghu varma
Oct 6, 2018
Moto G40 / G60
Excellent rom smooth as AF ...Big thanks to your great effort .....everything is awesome .....only led notification is missing please provide in future updates ...
Sir, can you tell me if gyroscope is working in NEW STATE mobile as well as Apex legends Mobile?
It's working in other games like CODM and PUBGM/ BGMI but not on the other two.
It would be a great help if you can somehow check weather the gyroscope is working on "always on" setting in those 2 specific games.

Oct 6, 2018
Moto G40 / G60
If anyone is using this ROM can they please tell me if gyroscope is working on "always on" settings in New state mobile or Apex legends Mobile. Any of these two.

It's working in a few games only. I would love to switch to this ROM if gyroscope is working in those games.

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022
===========================

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 250 MB

SohamDeb

Jun 19, 2022
The dedicated Google Assistant button on both the G40/G60 isn't working, can you find a fix for this, like mapping it or something, or push a fix through a software update?

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - the people who are on May 2022 security patch can simply update to latest release via OTA from settings like stock rom.

Changelog Thu Jun 23 17:51:03 UTC 2022

• June 2022 security patch

• fixed default global action gestures

• powered by OSS black caps kernel

• switched to compressed kernel by default

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - the people who are on May 2022 security patch can simply update to latest release via OTA from settings like stock rom.

Changelog Thu Jun 23 17:51:03 UTC 2022

• June 2022 security patch

• fixed default global action gestures

• powered by OSS black caps kernel

• switched to compressed kernel by default
Announcement
==========

Recently we pushed OTA update for Lineage OS & Pixel experience. We are aware with the fingerprint issue on few Motorola G60 & G40 units.

At the moment we debugged the issue and decided to do some changes from the kernel level. Especially the units which are packed with chipone sensor encountered with fingerprint bug. Anyway we resolved it somehow.

For now we request whoever encountered with fingerprint issue to flash the recommended kernel via TWRP or OFX which is linked below.

Link : BLACK_CAPS-12L-hanoip-kernel-20220625-1333.zip

Thank you !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    I haven't tested that...but I feel like it's more of an app feature than ROM feature.

Have you tried it with Spotify for example?

Anyway, good to know. Thank you!
    yes working with spotify and NOW PLAYING feature is a feature in PIXEL devices....it detects music that is playing in the background ..... cool feature ig
    Successfully installed this rom and (1) I am having an issue it is not accepting my sd card it says "there is an issue with sd.. and need to format" even the sd card is working properly on my other mobile phone and (2) also having some issues with network. Sometimes it is not recognizing the sim card and sometime having network issue. (3) Third issue i found usb is not recognized. (4) whenever i insert sim i need to restart my device. @Raghu varma @arsradu
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    My apologies for not responding on time. Since i am bit busy with personal life.

Anyway Mr. @arsradu you deserve my respect towards the time you spare for replying to the above user. It's really hard to help each other in public platforms but yes thank you for your feedback and helping them.
    You're welcome! Glad i could help.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G60 & G40

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Face unlock
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

NOTE - DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * PixelExperience Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r4
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 250 MB