Development [ROM][13.0][hanoip] PixelExperience [AOSP][G60/G40F]

Search This thread

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
@AVI8152 hey there.

According to GSMArena, G40F and G60 have the exact same features, including NFC. But, you mentioned yours doesn't...? Which is also why the Tap to Pay functionality doesn't work on the G60? So...is the information on GSMArena wrong?

Here's a comparison between the two.

Last edited:

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
@AVI8152 hey there.

According to GSMArena, G40F and G60 have the exact same features, including NFC. But, you mentioned your doesn't...? Which is also why the Tap to Pay functionality doesn't work on the G60? So...is the information on GSMArena wrong?

Here's a comparison between the two.
Hey hi arsradu ..... I didn't say that it was another person who mentioned it by asking whether banking apps and payments work on this ROM or not otherwise I have NFC but i did not test contactless payments cuz it's yet not available in our region but yeah I also kind of got confused when he said that his G40 unit doesn't have NFC... Strange isn't it arsradu ? :(

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Hey hi arsradu ..... I didn't say that it was another person who mentioned it by asking whether banking apps and payments work on this ROM or not otherwise I have NFC but i did not test contactless payments cuz it's yet not available in our region but yeah I also kind of got confused when he said that his G40 unit doesn't have NFC... Strange isn't it arsradu ? :(
Yeah, so the hardware is there, but the ROM refuses to give access to it...

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
It's been a long time since we are on the first beta build ..... now i have an urge to go back on stock rom as we are not getting any builds as of now of PE ROM further :(

Reactions: Anmshot

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
Hey @arsradu .... How are you doing? I hope okay..... Well I need some advice... You see I was searching my drawer and found my mother's old Redmi note 4 .. I didn't know what wrong went with it that we discarded it but then when I put it on charge and after 1 hr pressed the power button I saw that it's bootlooping on MI logo ... Then I remembered that it was bricked !! I am able to boot into fastboot mode ... The service centre guy at that time told us that the motherboard needs to be changed but I doubt him because here in India every Xiaomi guy just say to change motherboard ... They are unskilled stupid bunch of people... So i think maybe we can bring it back to life ???? Well I have downloaded the latest fastboot ROM for my Redmi note 4/4X (mido) .... I tried running the "flash_all.sh" file in terminal but first it said "Missmatching device and image" the after that DEVICE OEM LOCKED PERMISSION DENIED message.... I don't know what to do i really wanna revive this phone

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Hey @arsradu .... How are you doing? I hope okay..... Well I need some advice... You see I was searching my drawer and found my mother's old Redmi note 4 .. I didn't know what wrong went with it that we discarded it but then when I put it on charge and after 1 hr pressed the power button I saw that it's bootlooping on MI logo ... Then I remembered that it was bricked !! I am able to boot into fastboot mode ... The service centre guy at that time told us that the motherboard needs to be changed but I doubt him because here in India every Xiaomi guy just say to change motherboard ... They are unskilled stupid bunch of people... So i think maybe we can bring it back to life ???? Well I have downloaded the latest fastboot ROM for my Redmi note 4/4X (mido) .... I tried running the "flash_all.sh" file in terminal but first it said "Missmatching device and image" the after that DEVICE OEM LOCKED PERMISSION DENIED message.... I don't know what to do i really wanna revive this phone

Well, it sounds like your phone is bootloader locked. So you won't be able to flash it like this.

However, in case you haven't already tried that, try to first erase userdata. You should be able to do that from recovery mode.

There might be other ways to fix it, and yeah, looks like a software issue right now, but it might require installing Windows and some flashing tools.
You can take a look at this video to get an idea.

I'm not familiar with Xiaomi phones. Never had one or used one. So this might or might not work. But then again, you've got nothing to lose.

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
Well, it sounds like your phone is bootloader locked. So you won't be able to flash it like this.

However, in case you haven't already tried that, try to first erase userdata. You should be able to do that from recovery mode.

There might be other ways to fix it, and yeah, looks like a software issue right now, but it might require installing Windows and some flashing tools.
You can take a look at this video to get an idea.

I'm not familiar with Xiaomi phones. Never had one or used one. So this might or might not work. But then again, you've got nothing to lose.
yeah right it would be good if I am able to get this back up working ..... anyways thanks for the info

Anmshot

Jul 24, 2022
Can someone explain the full process to get back to stock ROM step by step. Bcs I'm newbie and afraid of any mishappening. It's an request, So anybody please tell me a full guide.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Can someone explain the full process to get back to stock ROM step by step. Bcs I'm newbie and afraid of any mishappening. It's an request, So anybody please tell me a full guide.

You have a guide here. Please read. If you have questions, ask in that thread.

My only advice for you: don't lock the bootloader for now. Just make sure everything is done correctly, and you can boot.

Also, take a look at my post here. Maybe it helps.

The process is not difficult. You already got so far, I'm guessing you already tried custom ROMs, so you probably know a thing or two. You don't need to be afraid. As long as you keep the bootloader unlocked, you're safe. The only point in this journey where you need to be 100% sure everything is in the right place, is when you lock the bootloader. But as long as the bootloader is unlocked, you can attempt different things. You can boot custom recoveries if you want (you might not need to, but if you do, you can do it with an unlocked bootloader), you can flash ROMs (custom or stock). You can do all those things. Once you lock the bootloader back, you won't be able to do anything other than flash from LMSA, and even that is not a guarantee of success.
I saw people who messed things up so badly when locking the bootloader they couldn't even flash stock ROM with LMSA. So, once again, for now, keep your bootloader unlocked! And don't rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anmshot

Pixel<3

Nov 6, 2022
So hear me out here, I installed this custom rom on my Moto G40 Fusion phone.

The Model Name in about phone settings shows as "Moto g(60)"

Also Google thinks I'm using a "Huawei Nexus 6P" phone

why is that? and Can I change both of these to "Moto G40 Fusion"?

Pixel<3

Nov 6, 2022
I heard Google offers free unlimited photos and video cloud storage at "Original Quality" for Pixel devices.

I feel Google thinks our Moto G60/G40F is a pixel device and gives free unlimited photo and video cloud storage. I got free unlimited photo storage on my Moto G40F device after flashing this rom.

I want someone to confirm this please.

Here a proof of it:
screenshot

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
I heard Google offers free unlimited photos and video cloud storage at "Original Quality" for Pixel devices.

I feel Google thinks our Moto G60/G40F is a pixel device and gives free unlimited photo and video cloud storage. I got free unlimited photo storage on my Moto G40F device after flashing this rom.

I want someone to confirm this please.

Here a proof of it:
screenshot
Yes me too got it .....

Reactions: Pixel<3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

Here you go (build 20221224).

Also, you can get all the PE builds released so far here.
    Thank you ☺️☺️
    Changelog - Tue Jan 10 07:05:35 UTC 2023
    ============================

• Based on android-13.0.0_23
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements

• Google security patch 2023-01

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Hey can you please give me a step by step process or a YouTube video link where I can understand how to install this rom, the steps given of Raghu Verma are not in explained form so I'm not able to understand please help, this stock rom has become **** and very laggy tbh I just need a smooth experience

Do you have an SD Card? If so, it would be a lot easier to do it.

If not, you'll have to push the ROM onto the internal memory (or sideload).

Here's the instructions. I'll try to clarify where needed.

Guide for the rom which has Google apps:
    ----------------------------------------
    1. connect phone to computer
    2. enable developer options & usb debugging
    3. Open command prompt in platform tools latest. ( Don't use minimal adb tools )

It refers to this. You need to download the zip for your platform, extract and place it somewhere on your computer. Let's say it's on your C:\ drive if you're using Windows.
    So it will be C:\platform_tools\adb.exe for example.

Also, don't use Minimal Adb. It's a software.

Copy-paste ROM.zip and TWRP.img to the platform tools folder.

To open a cmd prompt inside the platform_tools folder, you just navigate to that folder using File Explorer, and in the path bar (up top where you can see c:/platform_tools), type "cmd" and press Enter.

This should open a command prompt window with the destination already set to your folder.

4. Type adb devices

In that window, you need to type: "adb devices"

This should return your serial number if it's connected properly.

5. Type adb reboot bootloader

This will reboot the device into bootloader mode. You can achieve the exact same thing by booting the device with Volume Down and Power button pressed together.

6. Check your phone connected and triggered in fastboot mode or not using ( type fastboot devices )

To make sure the device is connected in fastboot mode as well, in the command prompt window, type: "fastboot devices"

This should, once again, return your device.

7. Download TWRP to flash my builds
    8. type "fastboot -w" -> inside the cmd prompt window
    9. type "fastboot erase userdata" -> inside the cmd prompt window
    10. type "fastboot boot twrp-name.img" -> inside the cmd prompt window. This will temporarily boot you into TWRP recovery so you can browse your ROM and flash it..

You need to rename the TWRP.img file to "twrp-name.img" if you're planning to use the command above as it is. If not, you can just rename it to "twrp.img" and use command:
    "fastboot boot twrp.img"

11. push ROM.zip to internal storage via using command prompt by typing (adb push ROM.zip /sdcard)
    or copy paste to internal storage if it is accessible from file explorer on your computer.

In order for this to work, I think TWRP needs to be in adb mode. Once booted into TWRP check the Advanced section. I think the ootion was somewhere in there.

This is about using command "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard" from Cmd Prompt (again, you'll have to rename the ROM zip file to match the command or change to command to match the filename). This is just to copy the ROM to the device.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get this part to work. The path is different. I can't figure out what would be the right "sdcard" address in this case, but it doesn't work as it is.

So, here you'll have to improvise.

Either you try to copy-paste the file onto your internal memory, from File Explorer or as I said above, use an sdcard. It is A LOT easier with an sd card.

Alternatively, you can use "adb sideload ROM.zip".

12. flash ROM.zip ( by default skip digest check will be enabled so don't untick & don't tick anything extra )

If you used the adb sideload command above, you don't need this step anymore. If you didn't, and you just copied the file onto your device, this is the part where you need to browse through TWRP to get to it, and then flash it.

13. swipe to flash -> again, refers to flashing from TWRP
    14. reboot system -> this is self explanatory.

So, looks like the biggest challenge is getting the ROM onto the device. And, once again, my recommandation would be to just use an external SD Card for this.

Then, all you have to do is:
    1. erase and wipe userdata with commands:
    "fastboot -w"
    and
    "fasbtoot erase userdata"
    2. boot into TWRP
    3. browse for the ROM.zip file
    4. flash it.
    5. reboot.

The thing is that, these installation steps assume that you already know what a Cmd Prompt is, how to open one in a specific location, what is platform_tools and how to get it, how to set PATH for it, in case you need to, and all that. These are all unrelated things for the ROM itself. They're just setup parts. But they need to be done. Most people already know that, so...that's why instructions like these don't go into too many details. They don't have to, cause it's unrelated to the ROM.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!!! 😚😚😊😊😊
    if "fastboot -w" wipes userdata than what does "fastboot erase userdata" do?

My concern is the custom rom is installed on active slot B and not A.
    It doesn't make alot of difference but it matters to me, I just feel I did it the wrong way. I guess I'll just reflash it so custom rom is on active slot A, just like you did.

Device is running flawless, no issues. I just wanted to do a proper clean flash.
    Hello,

According to fastboot help (you can type "fastboot --help" in Cmd Prompt/Terminal for more info), the -w parameter wipes userdata. The erase command erases the data on a specific partition. It can be done on userdata, or other partitions.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.15.04.png

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.14.40.png

What's the difference between wiping and erasing? Here's a page that might help understand the two concepts.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G60 & G40

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Face unlock
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

NOTE - DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * PixelExperience Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022
    ============================

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r4
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Okay I flashed this rom on my G40F, and I can already see some new animations and some minor changes.

Changes I noticed soo far:
    > Face Unlock is added and work flawlessly (Very quick)
    > WiFi calling works, tested that!
    > Cool new animations when you get notification and the screen wakes up!
    > New LTE+ icon when you use 4G data
    > Seems like the stable android 13 (unlike the previous one which was BETA)

Everything seems to work flawlessly, no bug/issues found yet!
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step