Development [ROM][13.0][hanoip] PixelExperience [AOSP][G60/G40F]

Search This thread

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
@AVI8152 hey there.

According to GSMArena, G40F and G60 have the exact same features, including NFC. But, you mentioned yours doesn't...? Which is also why the Tap to Pay functionality doesn't work on the G60? So...is the information on GSMArena wrong?

Here's a comparison between the two.

Last edited:

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
@AVI8152 hey there.

According to GSMArena, G40F and G60 have the exact same features, including NFC. But, you mentioned your doesn't...? Which is also why the Tap to Pay functionality doesn't work on the G60? So...is the information on GSMArena wrong?

Here's a comparison between the two.
Hey hi arsradu ..... I didn't say that it was another person who mentioned it by asking whether banking apps and payments work on this ROM or not otherwise I have NFC but i did not test contactless payments cuz it's yet not available in our region but yeah I also kind of got confused when he said that his G40 unit doesn't have NFC... Strange isn't it arsradu ? :(

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Hey hi arsradu ..... I didn't say that it was another person who mentioned it by asking whether banking apps and payments work on this ROM or not otherwise I have NFC but i did not test contactless payments cuz it's yet not available in our region but yeah I also kind of got confused when he said that his G40 unit doesn't have NFC... Strange isn't it arsradu ? :(
Yeah, so the hardware is there, but the ROM refuses to give access to it...

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
It's been a long time since we are on the first beta build ..... now i have an urge to go back on stock rom as we are not getting any builds as of now of PE ROM further :(

Reactions: Anmshot

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
Hey @arsradu .... How are you doing? I hope okay..... Well I need some advice... You see I was searching my drawer and found my mother's old Redmi note 4 .. I didn't know what wrong went with it that we discarded it but then when I put it on charge and after 1 hr pressed the power button I saw that it's bootlooping on MI logo ... Then I remembered that it was bricked !! I am able to boot into fastboot mode ... The service centre guy at that time told us that the motherboard needs to be changed but I doubt him because here in India every Xiaomi guy just say to change motherboard ... They are unskilled stupid bunch of people... So i think maybe we can bring it back to life ???? Well I have downloaded the latest fastboot ROM for my Redmi note 4/4X (mido) .... I tried running the "flash_all.sh" file in terminal but first it said "Missmatching device and image" the after that DEVICE OEM LOCKED PERMISSION DENIED message.... I don't know what to do i really wanna revive this phone

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Hey @arsradu .... How are you doing? I hope okay..... Well I need some advice... You see I was searching my drawer and found my mother's old Redmi note 4 .. I didn't know what wrong went with it that we discarded it but then when I put it on charge and after 1 hr pressed the power button I saw that it's bootlooping on MI logo ... Then I remembered that it was bricked !! I am able to boot into fastboot mode ... The service centre guy at that time told us that the motherboard needs to be changed but I doubt him because here in India every Xiaomi guy just say to change motherboard ... They are unskilled stupid bunch of people... So i think maybe we can bring it back to life ???? Well I have downloaded the latest fastboot ROM for my Redmi note 4/4X (mido) .... I tried running the "flash_all.sh" file in terminal but first it said "Missmatching device and image" the after that DEVICE OEM LOCKED PERMISSION DENIED message.... I don't know what to do i really wanna revive this phone

Well, it sounds like your phone is bootloader locked. So you won't be able to flash it like this.

However, in case you haven't already tried that, try to first erase userdata. You should be able to do that from recovery mode.

There might be other ways to fix it, and yeah, looks like a software issue right now, but it might require installing Windows and some flashing tools.
You can take a look at this video to get an idea.

I'm not familiar with Xiaomi phones. Never had one or used one. So this might or might not work. But then again, you've got nothing to lose.

AVI8152

Oct 29, 2022
Well, it sounds like your phone is bootloader locked. So you won't be able to flash it like this.

However, in case you haven't already tried that, try to first erase userdata. You should be able to do that from recovery mode.

There might be other ways to fix it, and yeah, looks like a software issue right now, but it might require installing Windows and some flashing tools.
You can take a look at this video to get an idea.

I'm not familiar with Xiaomi phones. Never had one or used one. So this might or might not work. But then again, you've got nothing to lose.
yeah right it would be good if I am able to get this back up working ..... anyways thanks for the info

Anmshot

Jul 24, 2022
Can someone explain the full process to get back to stock ROM step by step. Bcs I'm newbie and afraid of any mishappening. It's an request, So anybody please tell me a full guide.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Can someone explain the full process to get back to stock ROM step by step. Bcs I'm newbie and afraid of any mishappening. It's an request, So anybody please tell me a full guide.

You have a guide here. Please read. If you have questions, ask in that thread.

My only advice for you: don't lock the bootloader for now. Just make sure everything is done correctly, and you can boot.

Also, take a look at my post here. Maybe it helps.

The process is not difficult. You already got so far, I'm guessing you already tried custom ROMs, so you probably know a thing or two. You don't need to be afraid. As long as you keep the bootloader unlocked, you're safe. The only point in this journey where you need to be 100% sure everything is in the right place, is when you lock the bootloader. But as long as the bootloader is unlocked, you can attempt different things. You can boot custom recoveries if you want (you might not need to, but if you do, you can do it with an unlocked bootloader), you can flash ROMs (custom or stock). You can do all those things. Once you lock the bootloader back, you won't be able to do anything other than flash from LMSA, and even that is not a guarantee of success.
I saw people who messed things up so badly when locking the bootloader they couldn't even flash stock ROM with LMSA. So, once again, for now, keep your bootloader unlocked! And don't rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anmshot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successfully installed this rom and (1) I am having an issue it is not accepting my sd card it says "there is an issue with sd.. and need to format" even the sd card is working properly on my other mobile phone and (2) also having some issues with network. Sometimes it is not recognizing the sim card and sometime having network issue. (3) Third issue i found usb is not recognized. (4) whenever i insert sim i need to restart my device. @Raghu varma @arsradu
    I haven't tested that...but I feel like it's more of an app feature than ROM feature.

Have you tried it with Spotify for example?

Anyway, good to know. Thank you!
    yes working with spotify and NOW PLAYING feature is a feature in PIXEL devices....it detects music that is playing in the background ..... cool feature ig
    UPDATE : After using this ROM as a daily driver for quite a few days now can confirm battery life on this is on a drainy side not sure if this is gonna get fixed in stable version or next build. Performance drops intensely when battery is below 20% EVERYTHING LAGS LIKE CRAZY .... And there are random choppy animations and sudden transition to next screen without any flow .... The main concern being battery draining too fast..... And overall lack of smoothness in the UI

EDIT: All this is faced by me in my device.... I flashed the ROM couple of times still its as it is and the areas where i mentioned frame drops can be the areas where others are also having frame drops they're just not noticing it
    Well ROM is working really smoother and way faster than before. just wanna ask y my sd card is still shows corrupt and i am unable to share files between my moto g40 and windows through usb cable. Well this os is kindaa life saver for me bcs with stock rom my phone was really laggy and i was gonna buy new phone but it all solved just bcs of u sir. Hats off to your work. Just wanna know about above issues that am i the only one who is facing that issue or is this a bug.

You have a guide here. Please read. If you have questions, ask in that thread.

My only advice for you: don't lock the bootloader for now. Just make sure everything is done correctly, and you can boot.

Also, take a look at my post here. Maybe it helps.

The process is not difficult. You already got so far, I'm guessing you already tried custom ROMs, so you probably know a thing or two. You don't need to be afraid. As long as you keep the bootloader unlocked, you're safe. The only point in this journey where you need to be 100% sure everything is in the right place, is when you lock the bootloader. But as long as the bootloader is unlocked, you can attempt different things. You can boot custom recoveries if you want (you might not need to, but if you do, you can do it with an unlocked bootloader), you can flash ROMs (custom or stock). You can do all those things. Once you lock the bootloader back, you won't be able to do anything other than flash from LMSA, and even that is not a guarantee of success.
    I saw people who messed things up so badly when locking the bootloader they couldn't even flash stock ROM with LMSA. So, once again, for now, keep your bootloader unlocked! And don't rush.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G60 & G40

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Face unlock
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

NOTE - DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * PixelExperience Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022
    ============================

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r4
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022
    ===========================

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 250 MB