Development [ROM][13.0][hanoip] PixelExperience [AOSP][G60/G40F]

Search This thread

netss

Feb 12, 2008
i tried newly, and surprisingly it work perfectly.. i dont know what happend with the older version, why I could not did install the other version, but now everything its ok..
Amazing work

Reactions: Raghu varma

Luan_grillo

Oct 27, 2014
I updated to the latest version. It's great, congratulations. I have a question: how do I activate NFC? I would like to use google wallet

ragstoriches

Apr 27, 2010
Just Realized, video calling is not working in this rom.
As soon as i press on video call button the Dailer screen comes up and call ends.

Can anybody check and confirm this video call problem?

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Just Realized, video calling is not working in this rom.
As soon as i press on video call button the Dailer screen comes up and call ends.

Can anybody check and confirm this video call problem?
Few things to check before concluding it's a ROM issue:
1. Does the carrier support this service?
2. Does the other person's phone/carrier support this service?
3. Is the SIM card provisioned for carrier video calls for both persons?

For as far as I know this is a really old service. Not sure how many carriers still support it. But of course there are third party options nowadays (Whatsapp, Skype etc).

ragstoriches

Apr 27, 2010
Few things to check before concluding it's a ROM issue:
1. Does the carrier support this service?
2. Does the other person's phone/carrier support this service?
3. Is the SIM card provisioned for carrier video calls for both persons?

For as far as I know this is a really old service. Not sure how many carriers still support it. But of course there are third party options nowadays (Whatsapp, Skype etc).
1- Yes Sir, my carrier supports video calling.
2- i have 2 phones with Video calling capabilities, my brother's phone also has video calling capabilities, and I am unable to Video call both.
3- Yes Sir.

I don't think it's a Rom issue, may be some permission problem, i don't know, i have no idea TBH, initially i was getting an error saying "camera doesn't have permission to Call" (not exact error, but something like it)
But even after allowing camera access i am not able to make video calls.

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Nice ROM!

The only things I've noticed not working, and at least one of them is pretty important to me:
1. NFC. Any idea why it's not working? Is there a way to add it after flashing the ROM?
2. during first setup, Backup option is not shown in the list (under Location and other toggles on Google side) and...for as far as I can tell, not working. The Turn On button doesn't do anything. You CAN turn it on after the setup is complete, from Settings > Backup.
3. charging while turned off. No charging level, and no charging indicator.

For me, NFC is pretty important. I can charge the phone while turned on. But with NFC...I've got no solution.

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Hello,

Thanks for reopening this thread. Though it's a bit weird...cause now we have comments from Android 12L PE, but it's actually Android 13 now. So...it's probably not gonna match.

Also, the download link in the main post redirects to https://motorola-sm6150.github.io/ where there is no Pixel Experience 13 ROM... Maybe it needs to be added?

Also, I'm still confused about this sm6150 thing... The G60 has an SM7150AC (Snapdragon 732G). So.. I'm a bit confused. How is that supposed to work? :) I'm just curious. Just trying to learn. Cause it doesn't make much sense.
So...is this a typo...? Is it intended? Can someone explain this to me in a way that anyone can understand?

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Hello,

Thanks for reopening this thread. Though it's a bit weird...cause now we have comments from Android 12L PE, but it's actually Android 13 now. So...it's probably not gonna match.

Also, the download link in the main post redirects to https://motorola-sm6150.github.io/ where there is no Pixel Experience 13 ROM... Maybe it needs to be added?

Also, I'm still confused about this sm6150 thing... The G60 has an SM7150AC (Snapdragon 732G). So.. I'm a bit confused. How is that supposed to work? :) I'm just curious. Just trying to learn. Cause it doesn't make much sense.
So...is this a typo...? Is it intended? Can someone explain this to me in a way that anyone can understand?
Link will be updated in the next 8 hours. Due to some issues i pulled off the link. In the meantime you can go ahead with Lineage 20.0

On top of it sm6150 is all about our board.

Reactions: arsradu

xindefenggan

Dec 9, 2020
Screenshot 2022-09-30 22.01.24.png
Is this the previous update of aosp13?

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022
============================

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
• Based on android-13.0.0_r4
• Improved system stability
• User interface enhancements
• Google security patch 2022-09
• Selinux enforced
• Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-193216.png
    Screenshot_20220930-193216.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20220930-194108.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194108.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220930-194824.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194824.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220930-193245.png
    Screenshot_20220930-193245.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220930-194117.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194117.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220930-194358.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194358.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220930-194402.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194402.png
    318 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220930-194424.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194424.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220930-194432.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194432.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220930-194851.png
    Screenshot_20220930-194851.png
    1 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: arsradu

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Well, I can tell you from the very beginning, it's a lot better than all the AOSP 13 and PE 12L versions combined.

I'll test it a little bit (by the way, I appreciate the BETA in the name), and let you know if I find anything. The setup worked fine, the data restore went fine. However, there are a couple of things I want to try. :)

Reactions: Raghu varma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    I haven't tested that...but I feel like it's more of an app feature than ROM feature.

Have you tried it with Spotify for example?

Anyway, good to know. Thank you!
    yes working with spotify and NOW PLAYING feature is a feature in PIXEL devices....it detects music that is playing in the background ..... cool feature ig
    Successfully installed this rom and (1) I am having an issue it is not accepting my sd card it says "there is an issue with sd.. and need to format" even the sd card is working properly on my other mobile phone and (2) also having some issues with network. Sometimes it is not recognizing the sim card and sometime having network issue. (3) Third issue i found usb is not recognized. (4) whenever i insert sim i need to restart my device. @Raghu varma @arsradu
    You're welcome! Glad i could help.
    That's was one hell of a conversation with that guy haha.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G60 & G40

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Face unlock
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

NOTE - DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * PixelExperience Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022
    ============================

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r4
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022
    ===========================

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 250 MB