Development [ROM][13.0][hanoip] PixelExperience [AOSP][G60/G40F]

Search This thread

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Well, I can tell you from the very beginning, it's a lot better than all the AOSP 13 and PE 12L versions combined.

I'll test it a little bit (by the way, I appreciate the BETA in the name), and let you know if I find anything. The setup worked fine, the data restore went fine. However, there are a couple of things I want to try. :)
Waiting for a perfect review from you.

Thanks for the initial feedback.

Reactions: arsradu

xindefenggan

Dec 9, 2020
Well, I can tell you from the very beginning, it's a lot better than all the AOSP 13 and PE 12L versions combined.

I'll test it a little bit (by the way, I appreciate the BETA in the name), and let you know if I find anything. The setup worked fine, the data restore went fine. However, there are a couple of things I want to try. :)
I am more concerned about whether Bluetooth and Android Auto work abnormally

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Alright, first I wanna start with a HUGE THANK YOU to Raghu Varma for this build. Well done, man! Well done! :) It's miles better than everything I've tested before. It's not yet perfect, as you'll see below. But it's A LOT better!

Now let's get to work, shall we? :)

For as far as I could test, there are a couple of issues with this build.

1. VoWIFI does not work. It is present in settings, it is enabled, but during the call, when you should see the VoWIFI icon on the top left corner, and on the screen it should say you're calling via WiFi, well, it doesn't. It's the regular icon for VoLTE.
However, VoLTE does work.

Screenshot_20220930-183525.png

2. I can't add credit cards to Google Wallet for contactless payments. The actual banking apps seem to be working fine. But Google Wallet (and especially the contactless payment part) does not.
If I'm missing something, or if there's something I can try, to fix this, please, let me know.

NFC is working now (YEY!). So it's not that. And the YASNAC app shows PASS for both criteria. So...could be something else.

Screenshot_20220930-174300.png

3. At a Glance section (from Home Settings) is empty. Screenshot below.

Screenshot_20220930-175659.png

4. not necessarily a bug, I'm guessing it's probably because of the sources used for this (the same issue has been present with other builds), but just mentioning it here, in case there's something you can do.
The signal strength is a bit worse than stock ROM. But yeah, that's usually the case with almost all custom ROMs. If you're using the RETAIL version for example, it might not work as well as RETEU (for EU) for example.
So...if it happens to work for your region, you're not gonna notice any difference. If not...you'll have to find alternative solutions. :) So far, I haven't found a way to fix this. But we'll see, in time.

5. app drawer search (based on app name) doesn't work, for some reason. You can search the web....but you can't search through the installed apps.

6. this is a bug on Google's side, but I'll just mention it here, in case someone else wonders about it: you can't turn OFF At a Glance from Home Settings. You can't do that on a Pixel either. So...yeah. It's a launcher bug. Funny enough, Lawnchair app (meant to replicate the Google Launcher) does NOT have this issue. :)))

On the bright side:
1. setup went smoothly
2. backup and restore worked perfectly
3. VoLTE works
4. NFC works
5. battery charging with phone turned off works! (FINALLY!)
6. Google's Personal Safety app works (I remember it didn't work before).
7. weather from At a Glance works (although the actual option to turn it on or off is missing, as you saw)
8. BT works (both for streaming and sending data).
9. fast charging works.

So...all in all, it's a damn good first release! Please, don't let this be the only release. It would be a shame. Cause there are so many things that are working beautifully with this ROM.

Well done, man! Really. Well done! :)

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
Alright, first I wanna start with a HUGE THANK YOU to Raghu Varma for this build. Well done, man! Well done! :) It's miles better than everything I've tested before. It's not yet perfect, as you'll see below. But it's A LOT better!
Hahah thanks for the tremendous words 😁

1. VoWIFI does not work. It is present in settings, it is enabled, but during the call, when you should see the VoWIFI icon on the top left corner, and on the screen it should say you're calling via WiFi, well, it doesn't. It's the regular icon for VoLTE.
However, VoLTE does work.
I believe this is something which need to adjusted from the source level. I will look in to it. Can you please try to call again and start capturing the logcat. So that we will get to know what is happening actually.

I can't add credit cards to Google Wallet for contactless payments. The actual banking apps seem to be working fine. But Google Wallet (and especially the contactless payment part) does not.
If I'm missing something, or if there's something I can try, to fix this, please, let me know.

At a Glance section (from Home Settings) is empty
Well , for these google specific features need to be ported through pixel experience team. So it is still in beta stage so will wait & see what they can offer more.

The signal strength is a bit worse than stock ROM. But yeah, that's usually the case with almost all custom ROMs. If you're using the RETAIL version for example, it might not work as well as RETEU (for EU) for example.
I will definitely look in to it but this is very rare feedback because ultimately i use Airtel and jio but the signal strength is absolutely fine. But logcat can help me to identify the issue

app drawer search (based on app name) doesn't work, for some reason. You can search the web....but you can't search through the installed apps.

this is a bug on Google's side, but I'll just mention it here, in case someone else wonders about it: you can't turn OFF At a Glance from Home Settings. You can't do that on a Pixel either. So...yeah. It's a launcher bug. Funny enough, Lawnchair app (meant to replicate the Google Launcher) does NOT have this issue
Yup ! This fix need to be done from pixel experience team

On the bright side:
1. setup went smoothly
2. backup and restore worked perfectly
3. VoLTE works
4. NFC works
5. battery charging with phone turned off works! (FINALLY!)
6. Google's Personal Safety app works (I remember it didn't work before).
7. weather from At a Glance works (although the actual option to turn it on or off is missing, as you saw)
8. BT works (both for streaming and sending data).
Sounds good

So...all in all, it's a damn good first release! Please, don't let this be the only release. It would be a shame. Cause there are so many things that are working beautifully with this ROM.

Well done, man! Really. Well done! :)
Hahaha sure mate , will try my best to maintain my VPS as long as possible. As you know my development is dependent on VPS. if it is dead then it's closed doors to me. But i will try my best.

Reactions: arsradu

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Hahah thanks for the tremendous words 😁
You're most welcome. :)
I believe this is something which need to adjusted from the source level. I will look in to it. Can you please try to call again and start capturing the logcat. So that we will get to know what is happening actually.
Log cat attached. Please, take a look and let me know if it's ok. I've had some troubles setting up debugging mode. So I hope it worked in the end... I haven't taken a logcat since Android 4 or something. So yeah...a lot of things have changed in the meantime.
Also, please, let me know if you already know a good app for taking logs without root. I used this one. But I'm not 100% sure it worked...
Or if there's another way, I'm curious to know. Cause, as I said, it's been a while since I needed to take a logcat. :))
Well , for these google specific features need to be ported through pixel experience team. So it is still in beta stage so will wait & see what they can offer more.
Got it. Alright then... I hope someone reported that already, so they can work on a fix. :D
I will definitely look in to it but this is very rare feedback because ultimately i use Airtel and jio but the signal strength is absolutely fine. But logcat can help me to identify the issue
I'll test it a little more. The thing is that network coverage is already very poor in this area. So it's probably not gonna be a huge difference anyway. But it feels like the reception is a bit worse than stock ROM... I could be wrong though. As I said, I'll test this a little more. So let's postpone this for a little while.
Hahaha sure mate , will try my best to maintain my VPS as long as possible. As you know my development is dependent on VPS. if it is dead then it's closed doors to me. But i will try my best.
I know... I know it's not an easy task. And I thank you very much for all the effort!

Attachments

• logcat.txt.zip
    107.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Raghu varma

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
And one more tiny little issue. And I know it's probably just my OCD. :D

The clock in the top left corner should actually be a little bit to the right. Everything else seems to be correctly aligned. Just the clock is too close to the left side of the screen.

I took a Pixel 6 Pro screenshot from Google as a reference. You can see the differences below.
Left side Pixel, right side G60.

Pixel6Pro Clock.png
PE13 Clock.png

Same thing with the carrier name, on the lockscreen.

Screenshot_20221002-144353.png

I'm guessing once the clock is fixed, this one should be too, I guess.

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Well this is interesting...

Two bugs fixed themselves. :)) I guess Google could have sent an update or something. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

So, we can remove:
1. At a Glance options missing.
They are displayed now.

Screenshot_20221001-123827.png

2. App Drawer search doesn't work for apps.
Now it does!

Screenshot_20221001-123846.png

Last edited:

rowhen_

Jul 29, 2022
Well this is interesting...

Two bugs fixed themselves. :)) I guess Google could have sent an update or something. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

So, we can remove:
1. At a Glance options missing.
They are displayed now.

View attachment 5724369

2. App search from App Drawer doesn't search through apps.
Now it does!

View attachment 5724371
Mine still dont show up though. Did you do anything in particular that made the options show up on your device? Also are you experiencing any smoothness issues or jittery animations on your device?

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Mine still dont show up though. Did you do anything in particular that made the options show up on your device? Also are you experiencing any smoothness issues or jittery animations on your device?
No issues. And no, that's the interesting part. I didn't change anything. Just updated all my apps and that's about it.

Last edited:

AngelicKid

Oct 8, 2021
Delhi
Moto G40 / G60
For me the Face Unlock Is not Working/not there, Is it same for everyone ? or is it just me? . It Was Working Fine in the Pixel Experience 12 but not in this one , i tried clean flash as well as flashing it over PE 12, but still no luck :(

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
This Build doesn't has it ? , coz it was working in the previous build (Pixel Exp 12.0). And It was mention in the "Whats working List " as well , so I thought it is working in this build as well . Nvm, Other than this the ROM is Superb. Loved It ❤️
This ROM doesn't seem to have it. Also, actual Pixel devices don't seem to have it either. So I guess that's intended. But it could be left from the old description. So...unless that's gonna be added sometime in the future, it should probably be removed from that list.

Reactions: AngelicKid

xindefenggan

Dec 9, 2020
This ROM doesn't seem to have it. Also, actual Pixel devices don't seem to have it either. So I guess that's intended. But it could be left from the old description. So...unless that's gonna be added sometime in the future, it should probably be removed from that list.
Did you lose fast charge, I don't have fast charge on aosp either

xindefenggan

Dec 9, 2020
I do have fast charge with this ROM. Both with phone ON and OFF. Works perfectly! How did you install this ROM?
8. type fastboot -w
9. type fastboot erase userdata
10. type fastboot boot twrp-name.img
11. push ROM.zip to internal storage via using command prompt by typing (adb push ROM.zip /sdcard) or copy paste to internal storage if it is accessible from file explorer on your computer.
12. flash ROM.zip ( by default skip digest check will be enabled so don't untick & don't tick anything extra )
13. swipe to flash
14. reboot system

Enter fastboot and start flashing from step 8, just like I flashed asop13, it is pe flashed directly from aosp

b!tch_boy

Oct 2, 2022
I flashed this rom today. I'm glad to inform it works great! The boot, fingerprint and charging animations are soo Good. Really smooth UI. All thanks to Raghu Varma.

Here's list of bugs I noticed:

1) Do Not Disturb doesn't hide notifications
DND doesn't work as expected compared to other phones

2) No option to set Face Lock
Face Lock option is missing from settings

3) Wrong Model in setting
I flashed this rom on a Moto G40F and the model says it's a Moto G60 also it has a NFC quick settings toggle (which isn't suppose to be there in G40F)

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
I flashed this rom today. I'm glad to inform it works great! The boot, fingerprint and charging animations are soo Good. Really smooth UI. All thanks to Raghu Varma.

Here's list of bugs I noticed:

1) Do Not Disturb doesn't hide notifications
DND doesn't work as expected compared to other phones
Works fine for me... Not sure what you mean by "other devices". This is supposed to be as close as possible to a Pixel. So...what kind of functionality are you missing?
2) No option to set Face Lock
Face Lock option is missing from settings
Pixel devices don't have face unlock, for as far as I could see, so this might be intended.
3) Wrong Model in setting
I flashed this rom on a Moto G40F and the model says it's a Moto G60 also it has a NFC quick settings toggle (which isn't suppose to be there in G40F)

Yeah... So I guess that's the reason why I didn't have NFC with any of the previous ROMs? :)) Yeah, I definitely prefer it this way!
But if these devices are not totally identical, maybe the ROMs should be split. Different ROMs for different devices.

b!tch_boy

Oct 2, 2022
Works fine for me... Not sure what you mean by "other devices". This is supposed to be as close as possible to a Pixel. So...what kind of functionality are you missing?
When I toggle ON DND, notification that don't have high priority (like incoming calls) should be hidden. I have another device where I flashed Pixel Experience rom on it. When I enable DND on it, all notifications are hidden except the important ones. You toggle DND OFF and all those notification are un-hidden and they show up in the notifiction panel. It doesn't work like that on this rom. Sorry if i'm bad at explaining this. Hope you understand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    I haven't tested that...but I feel like it's more of an app feature than ROM feature.

Have you tried it with Spotify for example?

Anyway, good to know. Thank you!
    yes working with spotify and NOW PLAYING feature is a feature in PIXEL devices....it detects music that is playing in the background ..... cool feature ig
    Successfully installed this rom and (1) I am having an issue it is not accepting my sd card it says "there is an issue with sd.. and need to format" even the sd card is working properly on my other mobile phone and (2) also having some issues with network. Sometimes it is not recognizing the sim card and sometime having network issue. (3) Third issue i found usb is not recognized. (4) whenever i insert sim i need to restart my device. @Raghu varma @arsradu
    Can we get the link to the stable 12.1 Pixel Experience ROM for moto g60? Because as I can't find its link anymore on this thread
    Yes, this thread has been repurposed for Android 13. Unfortunately I don't have a link for 12.1. I would also not recommend going back to that ROM, even if you do mange to find a link. Simply because the PE 13 is so much better. Not because it's 13, but because it's better. Less issues overall.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G60 & G40

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Face unlock
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

NOTE - DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * PixelExperience Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022
    ============================

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r4
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022
    ===========================

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 250 MB