Search This thread

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
8. type fastboot -w
9. type fastboot erase userdata
10. type fastboot boot twrp-name.img
11. push ROM.zip to internal storage via using command prompt by typing (adb push ROM.zip /sdcard) or copy paste to internal storage if it is accessible from file explorer on your computer.
12. flash ROM.zip ( by default skip digest check will be enabled so don't untick & don't tick anything extra )
13. swipe to flash
14. reboot system

Enter fastboot and start flashing from step 8, just like I flashed asop13, it is pe flashed directly from aosp
Aaand that's why you probably have this issue.

Try this:
1. go back to stock ROM. Use LMSA for this.

2. when you're ready to flash this ROM, do:
fastboot -w
fastboot erase userdata

3. fastboot boot twrp.img (twrp filename can differ)

4. if you have an SD Card, copy the ROM onto your SD Card. It's gonna be a lot easier.

5. if you don't have an SD Card, you can use adb to push the ROM onto internal memory. But...I couldn't find the correct path. So...this step didn't work for me, and I ended up doing this instead:
adb sideload path-to-ROM.zip
I guess you could do whatever method you want. But I feel like flashing from an SD Card might be the easiest way. Ooor...sideloading.

6.fastboot reboot Ooor, just reboot from the Power button.

I think, in your case, there might be some things left from AOSP 13. So that's why I suggested going back to stock ROM first, then flashing this.

Last edited:

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
When I toggle ON DND, notification that don't have high priority (like incoming calls) should be hidden. I have another device where I flashed Pixel Experience rom on it. When I enable DND on it, all notifications are hidden except the important ones. You toggle DND OFF and all those notification are un-hidden and they show up in the notifiction panel. It doesn't work like that on this rom. Sorry if i'm bad at explaining this. Hope you understand.
I do understand. And your explanation definitely helped! :) However, I cannot replicate this issue. Works exactly as you described.
Just tested this a few minutes ago. Calls and SMS don't get notified until you unlock the phone and well, take the phone off DND.

xindefenggan

Dec 9, 2020
Aaand that's why you probably have this issue.

Try this:
1. go back to stock ROM. Use LMSA for this.

2. when you're ready to flash this ROM, do:
fastboot -w
fastboot erase userdata

3. fastboot boot twrp.img (twrp filename can differ)

4. if you have an SD Card, copy the ROM onto your SD Card. It's gonna be a lot easier

5. if you don't have an SD Card, you can use adb to push the ROM onto internal memory. But...I couldn't find the correct path. So...this step didn't work for me, and I ended up doing this instead:
adb sideload path-to-ROM.zip
I guess you could do whatever method you want. But I feel like flashing from an SD Card might be the easiest way. Ooor...sideloading.

6.fastboot reboot Ooor, just reboot from the Power button.

I think, in your case, there might be some things left from AOSP 13. So that's why I suggested going back to stock ROM first, then flashing this.
No, no, the last time I flashed the aosp13 from the official 12, there is no fast charging. It doesn't matter to me that the charging is slower. I just care a little about not showing that it is fast charging. Compared with aosp13, the pe13 is already very good. The bluetooth and other things are normal. By the way, I tried the headphone jack to connect the speaker to play music, but the fm radio cannot be turned on. It said there was a problem.

Reactions: arsradu

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Hmm... Then maybe it's the cable....? I will test the headphones issue too. I'll let you know.

Update:
FM Radio seems to have some issues indeed.
Screenshot below.

Screenshot_20221002-190320.png

Last edited:

xindefenggan

Dec 9, 2020
Screenshot_20221003-002951.png
Can the top left corner of the screen be moved or removed? I couldn't get rid of it on aosp last time either

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
I flashed this rom today. I'm glad to inform it works great! The boot, fingerprint and charging animations are soo Good. Really smooth UI. All thanks to Raghu Varma.

Here's list of bugs I noticed:

1) Do Not Disturb doesn't hide notifications
DND doesn't work as expected compared to other phones

2) No option to set Face Lock
Face Lock option is missing from settings

3) Wrong Model in setting
I flashed this rom on a Moto G40F and the model says it's a Moto G60 also it has a NFC quick settings toggle (which isn't suppose to be there in G40F)
So NFC working on G40F? I am bit surprised 😯

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
@Raghu varma, how does one usually handle situations where devices have similar but not identical feature sets?
Do you create different builds or set something in code to handle each device separately so that they don't interfere with each other?

Last edited:

rowhen_

Jul 29, 2022
@Raghu varma, how does one usually handle situations where devices have similar but not identical feature sets?
Do you create different builds or set something in code to handle each device separately so that they don't interfere with each other?
hey have you used wired earphones in this rom? If so, did you notice a weird static stuttering sound ? Could be an issue from my end

b!tch_boy

Oct 2, 2022
Works fine for me... Not sure what you mean by "other devices". This is supposed to be as close as possible to a Pixel. So...what kind of functionality are you missing?
Sorry I made a mistake there, Just making a correction. DND working fine for me. (some settings were OFF by default so I thought DND isn't working as I expected)

Also I might be wrong on this one, but I feel my phone charges more faster on this rom (which is good). Would like to know if other people have noticed it charging much faster.
Pixel devices don't have face unlock, for as far as I could see, so this might be intended.
Will that feature be added to this rom by Raghu Varma? Are we gonna get it? It isn't the best security but would like to have it.

arsradu

Apr 28, 2011
Motorola One Action
Moto G40 / G60
Also I might be wrong on this one, but I feel my phone charges more faster on this rom (which is good). Would like to know if other people have noticed it charging much faster.
It's not much faster for me. It's exactly as fast as stock ROM. Supports fast charging so...yeah, it's pretty fast. :)
Will that feature be added to this rom by Raghu Varma? Are we gonna get it? It isn't the best security but would like to have it.
That's unlikely. If the point is to be as close to a Pixel ROM as possible, I don't think it's gonna be added. Also, I think it's up to the PE team to add that, if they want.
However, other ROMs might have it. So... You could give those a try, as well.

b!tch_boy

Oct 2, 2022
It's not much faster for me. It's exactly as fast as stock ROM. Supports fast charging so...yeah, it's pretty fast. :)
You can try enabling Airplane mode while charging for a slight boost.
That's unlikely. If the point is to be as close to a Pixel ROM as possible, I don't think it's gonna be added. Also, I think it's up to the PE team to add that, if they want.
However, other ROMs might have it. So... You could give those a try, as well.
0h :(
I love Pixel Experience the most. It's the best! I'll be dedicated to this rom <3 Thanks to Google, Android AOSP, Pixel Experience Team and Raghu Varma. What a great and smooth UI. Had no major problems/bugs with it.

Reactions: Raghu varma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    I haven't tested that...but I feel like it's more of an app feature than ROM feature.

Have you tried it with Spotify for example?

Anyway, good to know. Thank you!
    yes working with spotify and NOW PLAYING feature is a feature in PIXEL devices....it detects music that is playing in the background ..... cool feature ig
    Successfully installed this rom and (1) I am having an issue it is not accepting my sd card it says "there is an issue with sd.. and need to format" even the sd card is working properly on my other mobile phone and (2) also having some issues with network. Sometimes it is not recognizing the sim card and sometime having network issue. (3) Third issue i found usb is not recognized. (4) whenever i insert sim i need to restart my device. @Raghu varma @arsradu
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    My apologies for not responding on time. Since i am bit busy with personal life.

Anyway Mr. @arsradu you deserve my respect towards the time you spare for replying to the above user. It's really hard to help each other in public platforms but yes thank you for your feedback and helping them.
    You're welcome! Glad i could help.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Moto G60 & G40

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Volte
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Fingerprint
    FM radio
    Face unlock
    Sound
    vibration

Bugs
    Double tap to wake

NOTE - DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation process

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * PixelExperience Team for rom source
    * Motorola for kernel source

Note - please take your data backup and do clean flash as per the instructions linked in the main thread. On top of it, my builds will boot on any stock firmware as base. So there is no special recommendation towards which stock rom you need to be on.

Changelog - Fri Sep 30 04:15:01 UTC 2022
    ============================

• Initial Android 13 PixelExperience build
    • Based on android-13.0.0_r4
    • Improved system stability
    • User interface enhancements
    • Google security patch 2022-09
    • Selinux enforced
    • Vendor built from Source

Reminder - for reporting bugs please mention the issue and attach the logcat.

Thank you!
    Hello Raghu, the pixelexperience team already has a stable version of android 13 on some devices.
    Will you update the Moto g60?
    Android 13 Stable
    1) Does Google Pay work on this rom if my phone isn't rooted?
    Sorry if this question is already answered in the forum. (I heard Google Pay doesn't work on rooted phone and modified softwares)
    I also heard that NFC contactless payments don't work on rooted/custom rom phones. I have a Moto G40 Fusion phone which doesn't have NFC, the question about NFC isn't relavent for me but I would be really grately if you could answer the question.
    Hi there thanks for stopping by.... I had the same confusion before installing on my phone but thanks to all the people here I gained enough knowledge.....

Okay so as per your question I would like to explain few stuffs
    Okay so as I researched there's something called SAFETY NET on mobile phone which basically tells if your mobile is encrypted and secure and all banking apps and contactless payment stuff depend on it.... so PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM doesn't break SAFETY NET and as I installed this ROM I am able to use GPAY , PHONEPAY and everything else .... As for contactless payments you don't need to worry about all those as you don't have NFC..... So yeah there's that.....

All this if your phone is non rooted .... If it is rooted maybe it breaks everything but even then you can use MAGISK to hide your root and then use banking apps the way they are used to without any problem.......

So yes all banking apps will work on your phone after installing this ROM.....

NOTE : Not all Custom ROMS protects the SAFETY NET from breaking .... This PIXEL ROM doesn't break it but there are tons of ROM that breaks it . So always research before installing a rom .... HAVE FUN INSTALLING THIS ROM ..... Please drop a message if you face any problem at any step
    Note - installation procedure changed to TWRP now. please read the main thread installation guide before proceeding.

Changelog Thu Jun 9 13:05:59 UTC 2022
    ===========================

• added OTA ( over the air ) support

• build signed with new private keys specially generated for Moto G60/G40 Projects. this will reflect for security reasons and on top of it OTA update verification as well.

• fixed slot switch while flashing rom from recovery mode.

• initiated stock retail build fingerprint

• extended reserved space for every partition to 250 MB