[ROM][14][OFFICIAL][STABLE] PixelOS [RETROFIT][25/12/2023][CEPHEUS]

Search This thread

Felda123

Jan 23, 2023
Hi guys. This new update is great. Everything is working except one big problem for me. Autocconect of bluetooth devices is not working on this update. When i get out of range with my smartwatch and come back it won't auto connect. And the same is with car multimedia when i sit in car it won't connect. On previus build autoconnect was working great. Is there some setting i am missing?
Which SmartWatch do you use? Personally I didn't have this problem so far with my Pixel Watch.

Froufly

Feb 5, 2023
Thks a lot for this great ROM.
Smooth, no crash, no battery drain.
Just unable to unlock my phone with thumbprint
Just one question, is there a way to configure the AI button?

Thks again

Tikthra

Feb 8, 2023
I installed PixelOS 13.0 on my Mi 9 a couple days ago and it's been mostly great, but one thing I've noticed is the blinking notification light will stay on at times even when I've cleared all my notifications, and I've checked my notification log in case there's a suppressed one that I missed so I'm pretty sure that's not the cause either.

Is that a known bug or just my build?

The basic sequence is that a notification comes in, is dealt with and then the led stays blinking. Restarts have no effect. The only thing I've seen make a difference is charging the phone to near capacity (the blinking led is solidly on to signify the phone is charging so I can only surmise it overrides whatever is causing the blinking). I have had battery saver mode on, but I still see the blinking light now with battery saver off so Im not sure that's related in any way.

Any guidance appreciated.

Edit: After more rooting about, this definitely is tied to Battery Saver. I factory reset the ROM, then caused the issue to occur by setting Batter Saver on a schedule (auto on at 75%, but it shouldn't matter what you set it at). This caused an Extreme Batter Saver discovery notification to appear. I dealt with that and the blinking LED never went away. If you go to Battery>Turn on the light when charging and set it to off the blinking light goes off. So I guess the phone somehow thinks it's in some state that resembles charging. Can't see an obvious fix without addressing it in the build.

Last edited:

schinden

Jul 21, 2010
Google Wallet/Pay not working, I have a module Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.4.0 installed and get the messenge - "Your phone does not meet the security requirements."
Any solution?

Felda123

Jan 23, 2023
Google Wallet/Pay not working, I have a module Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.4.0 installed and get the messenge - "Your phone does not meet the security requirements."
Any solution?
Sounds like you rooted your phone as otherwise there wouldn't be any need for the safetynet patch. As far as i know (my knowledge is old in this cause i don't root my phone anymore) there was a workaround for google pay with sql lite.... You may need to take a deeper look into this but i think it was an easy way to fix it.

Edit: Nvm. seems like the Sqlite method is dead. I read that it helped for some people to reset the Google Play services.

frisko76

Dec 21, 2012
Hello ..the button on left on mi 9 not working..nothing function?

Icon sound off/on on the navigation bar are missing....i can t disable sound quickly !!do you have solution??

balgxmr

May 30, 2018
linktr.ee
Any solution?
Hello, I'll share this message from PixelOS telegram chat, thanks to Sasha for writing it, describing the current situation with safety net:

Google made some changes to the Safetynet API and how it works with the release of the February patch. What does this mean?

Safetynet may fail for you at the moment due these changes, however it is being worked on and will be fixed with the next release builds for the February patch.

Why can't this be fixed right away? It requires changes at the source level of the ROM, so it can only be fixed during the building process.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused by this, but we can't predict Google's every action

For now, it doesn't pass for some users, even using safetynet fix or hide zygisk, so I'd say to kindly wait for next release, or, you could go to stock rom and lock bootloader while the next version arrives :).

Reactions: schinden

Donat.Callens

Jul 26, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hi. This version is great, but I get some random freezes in some app (mostly games). The problem disappeared for a while and then came back again. No idea what the difference was between the two behaviours.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why the hell do you want to flash your boot partition to install magisk? Just download the apk, rename it to zip and install it over adb in recovery mode...

Btw. your bootloader seems locked...
    It was in official installation instruction of magisk. And you suggest from PixelOS and it worked out. Thank you
    IMG_20231112_210758_883.jpg
    PixelOS for Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus)

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies. We aim to provide an experience similar to Google Pixel phones with numerous performance enhancements and a small amount of useful additional features.
    Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Device Specific Issues:
    - None, report them if you find one.

Downloads:
    PixelOS Website
    PixelOS Recovery

*YOU MUST CLEAN FLASH if you are coming from any other ROM or MIUI.
    Flashing instructions (PixelOS Recovery)
    # Keep in mind:
    - Since Cepheus is using Dynamic Partitions, do NOT use TWRP or OrangeFOX, they won't boot or if they do, it will lead to storage issues.
    - Use PixelOS Recovery only.
    - Do NOT flash custom kernels, they won't boot.
    - YOU MUST CLEAN FLASH if you are coming from any other ROM or MIUI.
    - Suggested firmware: MIUI 12.5 or higher

# Clean Flash
    - Make sure your platform-tools (adb and fastboot) are up to date.
    - Download PixelOS ROM zip and recovery.img.
    - Reboot into Fastboot.
    - Flash recovery using: fastboot flash recovery <recoveryname.img>
    - Reboot to recovery.
    - In recovery, format data with Factory Reset > Format data/factory reset
    - Sideload the zip with Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and do: adb sideload <ROM zip file>
    - Optional: Flash magisk with sideload using: adb sideload <Magisk zip>
    - ^ Magisk will show a message about "Signature verification failed, install anyways?", just click YES.
    - Reboot and voila!

# Dirty Flash
    - Flash via OTA under Settings > System Update, or:
    - Download ROM zip
    - Enter PixelOS Recovery > Apply Update > Apply from ADB
    - Sideload the ROM using: adb sideload <ROM zip file>
    - Optional: sideload Magisk using: adb sideload <Magisk zip>
    - Reboot and voila!

Note: Gapps are included, don't flash separately.

Join PixelOS Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    Join PixelOS Official Cepheus Telegram Group: https://t.me/pixeloscepheus

Source Code
    PixelOS: http://github.com/PixelOS-Fourteen
    Device Tree: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_cepheus/
    Vendor: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/vendor_xiaomi_cepheus/
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/balgxmr/kernel_xiaomi_cepheus

Stable Release Date: 25/12/23
    Latest Release Date: 25/12/23
    Hi everybody! New update is up!
    Finally, QPR3 + July patch.

For this time, dirty flash or OTA is fine. (If you experience OTA issues then try dirty flash.)

Source changelog as always is on the website, and download too!
    Timezones for some countries has been finally fixed!

Device changes:
    - Change fingerprint color to white with red center
    - Remove parts (clean speaker)
    - Switch to proper Doze implementation
    - Drop powersave governor
    - Update Audio HIDL to 7.1
    - Use foreground cpuset/uclamp for fingerprint
    - Merge kernel CLO tag 'LA.UM.9.1.r1-13700-SMxxx0.QSSI13.0'
    - Upstream kernel to 4.14.320
    - Switch to Simple Low Memory Killer
    - Misc. fixes and improvements

* If you experience Pixel Launcher lags for any reason, clean the storage of Pixel Launcher, but be aware that this will delete the current setup/widgets.

That's all, have a good day and enjoy! =]
    New PixelOS January update is here!
    https://pixelos.net/download/cepheus

Prepare your backups, clean flash is mandatory!

I hope you guys likes this update. Battery backup should be better now and overall stability.
    Many thanks to Markus, SA.EXE, Vadim, Kamyk, Error01 for testing!

Changelog:
    - Added MIUI Camera
    - Addressed more SELinux policy denials
    - Drop pixel thermal hal workaround
    - Drop s2idle usage
    - Media: Update from LA.UM.9.1.r1-13000-SMxxx0.QSSI13.0
    - Merge tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-13000-SMxxx0.QSSI13.0
    - Move to lz4 for EROFS
    - overlay: Add dummy udfps sensor (Fixes screen off fod toggle)
    - Removed Dirac
    - Switch back to OpenGL renderer
    - Switched to user type build
    - Update CarrierConfig from LA.QSSI.13.0.r1-07400-qssi.0
    - Update GPS blobs from LA.UM.9.1.r1-11500.02-SMxxx0.QSSI12.0
    - Upstreamed kernel to 4.14.303
    - Misc changes and improvements.

Source changelog is available at https://blog.pixelos.net/

Liked my work? Buy me a coffee ☕ https://paypal.me/balgxmr
    Hi everyone! Initial PixelOS Android 14 Beta has been released! Device Play Integrity has been fixed and payments now works!

Be aware that this is a beta, and due to that, there are some features that hasn't been added to source yet. Aside from that, everything works fine.

An update for Android 13 will not be released sadly, so the only workaround for Device Play Integrity is updating to A14 or using magisk to fix it with the module.

Also, dirty flash has been reported to work fine. But if you face any issues, clean flash is your friend ^^.
    Hello everyone, february update is here!
    Full source changelog is available at https://blog.pixelos.net/

Changelog device side:

- Add power off alarm support (Needs LineageOS/DeskClock, or an alarm clock which supports power off alarm)
    - Address more sepolicy denials
    - Change default FOD pressed color to cyan
    - Drop cpu affinity configs
    - Enable qcrild and data services instead of starting them
    - Inherit several Android Go configurations
    - Switch to OSS mtdservice and mlipay
    - Update telephony package list to LA.QSSI.12.0.r1-05600-qssi.0
    - Silence CamX and CHIUSECASE log spam
    - Switch to source built camera stack
    - Temporary remove MIUI Camera due to reported issues
    - Added Aperture camera with AUX support
    - Use AOSP USB v2 audio HAL
    - Add some missing IMS blobs
    - Updated F2FS from Linux 6.2
    - Merge CodeLinaro LA.UM.9.1.r1-13100-SMxxx0.QSSI13.0 tag
    - Upstream kernel to 4.14.305 and compile it with playground clang 17

About MIUI Camera, it will hopefully return in next updates, i have removed it for now due to broken autobrightness after using the camera, and camera going full black randomly (which forcefully needs reboots). Once I fix these issues, I'll include it again. Safetynet is fixed as well. Hope y'all likes the update :).

PS: Something i forgot to mention, Camera ids has been udpdated:
    0 for main/wide, 1 for front, 2 for telephoto, 3 for ultra wide.
    I mention this just in case GCams or any mod doesn't recognize properly the other cameras.

Liked my work? Buy me a coffee 😉☕