[ROM][13.0][OFFICIAL][CEPHEUS] PixelOS [RETROFIT][16/11/2022]

Search This thread

marcusciochi

Oct 14, 2018
Well, something similar. Playing CoD with bluetooth headphones, when connectimg the cable to charge, sound disappears. I have to switch off/on bluetooth and sound back to normal through bluetooth.

Hope it helps.
I tried everything, nothing worked. Reset bluetooth, audio, nothing.

In my case, the phone gets completely frozen after trying to play any audio, to the point where I can't even turn the screen on or off.

I've just flashed another A12 ROM, the problem went away. Bummer, because I was really liking this ROM :/

Aug 12, 2022
According to the telegram group this is a kernel problem that will hopefully be fixed soon. For now you can just turn the cable upside down (yeah I know with USB C it seems this makes no difference, but it does).
That works well for me.

Thom Harkness

Aug 17, 2022
and so. after a week of use, I had problems. first, the worst. my phone turns off at random moments when using it. today it turned off 5 times. this happens when surfing in the browser or writing messages, etc. but if I listen to music or watch YouTube, then everything is fine.
Secondly, if I use my phone (I watch YouTube), my phone warms up when charging from the USB port of the computer, and it loses charge faster than it charges. the accu battery application says that when charging from the USB port, the phone is DISCHARGED at a speed of 200-400 mAh

Reactions: PoorMalone

Lucky-thirteen

Mar 5, 2016
and so. after a week of use, I had problems. first, the worst. my phone turns off at random moments when using it. today it turned off 5 times. this happens when surfing in the browser or writing messages, etc. but if I listen to music or watch YouTube, then everything is fine.
Secondly, if I use my phone (I watch YouTube), my phone warms up when charging from the USB port of the computer, and it loses charge faster than it charges. the accu battery application says that when charging from the USB port, the phone is DISCHARGED at a speed of 200-400 mAh
I use the ROM since official release and phone never turned off.
Also charging is normal here (besides that headphone bug). Wifi-Hotspot also works.

I don't know, but all these problems on your phone are strange.
I followed install steps 100% and did not add any stuff like magisk.

dwapking

Jan 9, 2015
Lagos
Xiaomi Mi 9
When you wipe/format data using the PixelOS recovery, does it wipe only the /data partition or the internal storage as well similar to "Format data > Yes" in TWRP?

moixblau

Aug 25, 2022
Great job with the rom! it looks spectacular and so far I haven't had any problems.

But I have two questions, I noticed that google photos detects the phone as a pixel and does not count the mb of the photos I upload. is it possible that google will ban my account when using google photos?

And is it possible to close the bootloader with this rom? I am very newbie and I would like to know if it is possible.

Thank you very much! 💯

qweasd135792468

Aug 28, 2022
s there any way to use fingerprint unlocking at the same time when the screen color is changed to "saturated"? Because when the screen color is changed to saturated, my fingerprint unlocking will always fail. Thank you dev, great work

balgxmr

May 30, 2018
linktr.ee
Hello everyone!
Sorry that I haven't updated XDA. I fixed link of super_empty.img, which was deleted before. Thanks to Rakib Hasan for pointing it out.

Also, I've been working on PixelOS A13, don't ask for ETA, but all I can say is that device side is ready (Thanks to Evasi0nXiao for trees). I'm just waiting for source and release.
Clean flash for a13 will be mandatory so prepare your backups xD.

Edit: about the <no sound while charger is plugged> issue, will be gone for A13 so don't worry.

Here you can read more about PixelOS A13!
> Teaser 👀

Hope y'all have a nice day!

ShittyNL

Apr 8, 2010
Thanks for the update. This gives me the confidence that this version will be updated regularly. Thanks already for the new coming release.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello everyone. New update is out!

Check out the website for downloads and changelog!
    Big thanks for all the testers and feedback, here and telegram.

Wanna buy me a coffee? Paypal donate
    Hello everyone!
    New update is up.

Check main post / website for download!
    Changelog is in website too.
    Dirty flash is OK.

Wanna buy me a coffee? Donate me via PayPal
    Hey @balgxmr, have you considered adding ANXCamera by default with your ROM? It would be awesome, I think.
    if it is of interest to someone with the gcam Hasli version LMC8.4_R14, everything works (slowmotion and wide angle lens). The configuration with the xml file, I finally solved also the lateral distortion in the shots with wide angle lens.
    on the site there is no file for MI 9, I downloaded it from telegram. I am attaching mine with all the changes already made, including the Wide camera enabled. I hope to be proved helpful.

I had also enabled the front camera change without restarting the application.
    I'd like to try this gcam version but can't file the setting file for MI9: do you know where to find it?
    New update 16.11.22 Is online
    PixelOS-10-Nov-2022.png

PixelOS for Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus)

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation).
    Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Device Specific Issues:
    - None, report them if you find one.

Downloads:
    PixelOS Website
    PixelOS Recovery

*YOU MUST CLEAN FLASH if you are coming from any other ROM or MIUI.
    Flashing instructions (PixelOS Recovery)
    # Keep in mind:
    - Since Cepheus is using Retrofit, do NOT use TWRP or OrangeFOX.
    - Use PixelOS Recovery only.
    - Do NOT flash custom kernels, they won't boot.
    - YOU MUST CLEAN FLASH if you are coming from any other ROM or MIUI.

# Clean Flash
    - Make sure your platform-tools (adb and fastboot) are up to date.
    - Download PixelOS ROM zip and recovery.img.
    - Reboot into Fastboot.
    - Flash recovery using: fastboot flash recovery <recoveryname.img>
    - Reboot to recovery.
    - In recovery, format data with Factory Reset > Format data/factory reset
    - Sideload the zip with Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and do: adb sideload <ROM zip file>
    - Optional: Flash magisk with sideload using: adb sideload <Magisk zip>
    - ^ Magisk will show a message about "Signature verification failed, install anyways?", just click YES.
    - Reboot and voila!

# Dirty Flash
    - Download ROM zip
    - Enter PixelOS Recovery > Apply Update > Apply from ADB
    - Sideload the ROM using: adb sideload <ROM zip file>
    - Optional: sideload Magisk using: adb sideload <Magisk zip>
    - Reboot and voila!

Note: Gapps are included, don't flash separately.

Join PixelOS Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    Join PixelOS Official Cepheus Telegram Group: https://t.me/pixeloscepheus

Source Code
    PixelOS: http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_cepheus/
    Vendor: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/vendor_xiaomi_cepheus/
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/baalgx/kernel_xiaomi_cepheus

Stable Release Date: 16/11/22
    Latest Release Date: 16/11/22

Hello everyone. New update is out!

Check out the website for downloads and changelog!
    Big thanks for all the testers and feedback, here and telegram.

Wanna buy me a coffee? Paypal donate
    Hello everyone!
    Sorry that I haven't updated XDA. I fixed link of super_empty.img, which was deleted before. Thanks to Rakib Hasan for pointing it out.

Also, I've been working on PixelOS A13, don't ask for ETA, but all I can say is that device side is ready (Thanks to Evasi0nXiao for trees). I'm just waiting for source and release.
    Clean flash for a13 will be mandatory so prepare your backups xD.

Edit: about the <no sound while charger is plugged> issue, will be gone for A13 so don't worry.

Here you can read more about PixelOS A13!
    > Teaser 👀

Hope y'all have a nice day!
    NEW UPDATE!
    08-July-22

Hi everyone! New update is here. This update brings new changes from source and device! ☺️

Source Changelog July Update:
    • Merged July Security Patch
    • Fixed issues with a few banking apps (such as HDFC) detecting root access
    • Extended Applock support to various system apps
    • Added optional Daily data usage in expanded quicksettings
    • Updated per-app volume drawable to match other system elements
    • Improvements in statusbar icon paddings
    • Added toggles for vibration icon and old style mobile data indicators in Icon manager
    • Made battery & clock clickable again in quick statusbar header
    • Updated translations (thanks to everyone who contributed).
    • Squashed some bugs (in real life too)

Device Changes 08-July:
    - overlay: Compact cached app heaps in the background
    - overlay: Allow more cached apps in the background
    - rootdir: Add SchedTune configuration
    - Switch to SkiaGL Threaded
    - Developer options: Display cutout: add NoCutOut overlay (Hide Notch) [This breaks fingerprint at the moment]
    - Bring back HBM / Display Mode
    - LiveDisplay: Add Picture adjustment
    - kernel: Drop KCAL color control
    - kernel: Fix green tint issue on fod unlock [Thanks to Logan, Flackback and Demon000 for commit/fix!]
    - kernel: Enable LZ4 Compressed Ramdisk
    - Other improvements!

Download Here!
    Enjoy!
    More information about flash guide, what is PixelOS and more, are on the original post! ☺️
    Can someone explain me what is he difference between normal and retrofit rom. I did some research but overall i dont understand it if its better or whatever
    Sorry for offtop

Google introduced 'Dynamic Partition' technology with the release of Android 10, and they require every devices launching with Android 10 and up to use 'dynamic partition'.

Since Cepheus was released with Android 9, it was not required to use 'Dynamic Partition' technology, but google made a way to implement 'dynamic partition' to devices like cepheus. and those devices - which launched before Android 10 - are called 'retrofit'. and 'retrofit rom' means the 'dynamic partition technology' is implemented to it.

'dynamic partition' literally allows the device to manage storage partitions dynamically, so the device will use storage more efficiently, and it allows new features like 'Seamless Update' possible.

but since partitions are not strictly divided into small segments, it increases complexity to find and access specific segment. that's why the TWRP recovery is struggling to follow up the newest Android versions.