[ROM][13.0][OFFICIAL] Pixel Experience for Mix 3 5G [andromeda]

Search This thread

bas94

Dec 6, 2018
Since i installed this rom my phone turns of at night. What can i do to solve this problem because my alarms dont go off at the morning when my phone is off. Thank you for your help.

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018
I get errors in TWRP recovery when install.

All folders are named incorrectly, random letters. There is no encryption passcode on the device.

From MIUI official ROM MiFlash
Boot TWRP using fastboot
Wipe SYSTEM, DATA, VENDOR, CACHE
Install ROM, PIxel or example CrDroid
Everything in SDCARD in internal storage shows random letters in TWRP

What do I do. Device is unlocked.

MaxX1982

Aug 2, 2017
Data partition must be formatted (not wiped) to remove MIUI encryption. Use the bottom right "Format Data" button in the Wipe menu. You will be asked to type "yes" to confirm your choice.

Last edited:

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
I get errors in TWRP recovery when install.

All folders are named incorrectly, random letters. There is no encryption passcode on the device.

From MIUI official ROM MiFlash
Boot TWRP using fastboot
Wipe SYSTEM, DATA, VENDOR, CACHE
Install ROM, PIxel or example CrDroid
Everything in SDCARD in internal storage shows random letters in TWRP

What do I do. Device is unlocked.
Official TWRP for Mix 3 5G cannot decrypt A12+ encryption scheme. You're in luck, I spent all day yesterday porting the updated A12 TWRP to andromeda. Works just fine on A12 and A13

Gourcuff14

Feb 19, 2018

Official TWRP for Mix 3 5G cannot decrypt A12+ encryption scheme. You're in luck, I spent all day yesterday porting the updated A12 TWRP to andromeda. Works just fine on A12 and A13
Thank you that worked.

Why do TWRP waste their time if there is no support.

titush

Nov 14, 2022
i got thisin trwp message:
using twrp-3.7.0_12-0-andromeda.img
mke2ffs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/sda30 29169659
process ended with ERROR: 1
unabel to wipe Data.
Unable to format to remove encryption

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Reactions: MasterDiCoR

MasterDiCoR

Dec 4, 2021
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
TWRP installation was very difficult because somehow the device didn't want to accept it. now it's on it I deleted the entire device once and ex. installed. expired without any problems.now the testing begins.Again, thank you for this great system. first at Mix 4 and now at Mix 3❤️

Reactions: T1Cybernetic

bas94

Dec 6, 2018
I would like to install Android 13 as well but i would like to know if i lose all my data or i can overwrite as a normal update without losing everything. Thank you.

My mix 3 5g is my secondary phone lately as I recently purchased a pixel 7 pro so I do not need the stability and reliability from the phone like I used to.

That being said, I have just updated from 12 to 13 by installing the latest twrp-3.7.0_9-0-andromeda and then sideloaded the latest PixelExperience_Plus_andromeda-13.0-20221113-0229-OFFICIAL

So far so good, No data loss and no issues to report. BUT make a backup if you are in doubt and give it a try.

Live dangerously :D

Corfu_Canada

Nov 20, 2022
Hi,

just installed it yesterday, many thanks, i had some hard time as it was the first time i installed a custom rom. till now it's working fine, but i have some issues.
firstly, windows 10 laptop do not recognize the phone as before (with the official rom), i enabled dev options, but no success. i will try another usb cable, but currently it charges the phone but no prompt to transfer data is there.
also there is a system update to perform for November release, but when it verifies and tries to install it fails with system update not responding/closing. any ideas what to do?
i installed the July release using 3.4.0-10 twrp. Also VoWifi not working, at least i enabled but i do not see it. ims registration took place, volte is working fine.

Regards,
Sam

Last edited:

Corfu_Canada

Nov 20, 2022
Vowifi fixed after installing latest a13 plus. All seems good now. I will check next update whether any issue with that.
A13plus is really nice, what an upgrade for our underestimated phone

TerroneX

Jun 29, 2009
Hello, is it safe to flash the latest modem firmware on ANY MIUI version? I'm now on 12.0.2 PEMEUVF and because I'm having issue with radio I wanted to try updating that modem firmware before erasing everything and trying flashing Pixel Experience.
Thanks!

Vuche

Thank you so much for this ROM (and LineageOS!) Inkypen!

Just installed the latest yesterday and everything seems fine. I had some troubles after wiping data in TWRP as I also wiped system, cache, aso and thought it would be good to restart in recovery... bad idea, got only to the Fastboot screen, no way to get into TWRP even after reflashing it. Had to use Mi Flash Pro to reflash the original firmware and the go back to the process again to flash your ROM. But I ended up with everything installed.

I also ended up using your unofficial TWRP from here, although I didn't have any problems with the official twrp-3.7.0_9-0:

You can find the latest Mi Flash Tool Pro here in case you need to reflash an original ROM:

And official firmware to flash (I used global):

Flash it from the "Mi Flash" tab in the Mi Flash Tool Pro program
- Click on "Select" and browse to the folder where you extracted the official ROM
- Then select "clean all" down right of the Mi Flash window -> flash_all.bat
- Then hit the "flash" botton. It will take a long time to reflash everything and if you get an error, it's probably the drivers for your Xiaomi phone or bad cable, I use a hub as it seems to work better with Xiaomi...
To check if you're ok with the drivers, you should get a device number when you do "fastboot devices" from an adb command window. If you get a warning triangle under Android device (or other) in the device manager, try to update the drivers from there (you have all the drivers needed in the MiFlashPro folder under Program Files x86.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've managed to install the ROM and am loving it so far, great work and many thanks to the developer. 99% of it is working great but unfortunately I have the same issue as some other people on this thread with NFC not working - the option to enable it is there but it won't turn on. Did anyone manage to fix this? Thanks in advance
    The developer left a build of PE13 Plus Edition, on January 15, in which it completely solves the NFC problem. I use it, and NFC working correctly. The link of this build is on the Telegram channel: https://t.me/mimix3_5G
    I've managed to install the ROM and am loving it so far, great work and many thanks to the developer. 99% of it is working great but unfortunately I have the same issue as some other people on this thread with NFC not working - the option to enable it is there but it won't turn on. Did anyone manage to fix this? Thanks in advance
    The developer left a build of PE13 Plus Edition, on January 15, in which it completely solves the NFC problem. I use it, and NFC working correctly. The link of this build is on the Telegram channel: https://t.me/mimix3_5G
    Thank you! Flashed the new version and the NFC has come back to life. Thanks also for the heads-up on the Telegram channel. Much appreciated

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Mi Mix 3 5G [andromeda]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data (including 5G)
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock
    VoLTE
    VoWiFi

Known issues/Bugs
    You tell me :)

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

August update is now out. There have been a ton of bug fixes, some of the more important ones below.

New camera stack, the default camera can now do 4k video recording, and gcam ports now function correctly. I have tested this port and apart from telephoto lens everything functions correctly (4k, 60fps, slo mo, astrophotography, etc)
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1297/

Display stack built from source, this fixes all colour profile issues and you may notice more vibrant colours.

No deep sleep in always on display mode is fixed.
    Additional installation instructions if coming from stock MIUI:

In order to install a custom ROM you must have an unlocked bootloader. You can apply for this at Xiaomi's official site: https://en.miui.com/unlock/

You then need to install a custom recovery. Official TWRP builds are available, and the official maintainer has a thread with installation instructions here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi...covery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-mix-t3941867

Once you have TWRP installed, boot into recovery mode. Wipe cache,dalvik,system,vendor partitions.

The official TWRP for Mix 3 5G cannot decrypt A12+ encryption scheme so if you see scrambled filenames in recovery mode and want to access your files then use my unofficial build (version 3.7.0-12.0).

You are strongly advised to flash the latest modem firmware. You can grab that here:
    https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/andromeda/
    This only needs to be done once, once the updated firmware has been flashed you can forget about it. If you get any warnings while trying to flash the firmware just delete "compatibility.zip" from inside the firmware zip.

WARNING: You will lose all saved files on your internal storage in the next step, make a backup of important files before proceeding

Data partition must be formatted (not wiped) to remove MIUI encryption. Use the bottom right "Format Data" button in the Wipe menu. You will be asked to type "yes" to confirm your choice.

At this point your internal storage will be empty. Copy the ROM from your PC to the phone, click install in TWRP and select the ROM. If you wish to install magisk or any other zips, copy it to the phone and install after the ROM. Once you have flashed the ROM and any add ons, you must format internal storage again as it must be completely empty for the very first custom ROM boot.

Reboot back to system and enjoy custom ROM goodness :)
    To finish off the true Pixel experience, most users would like to install Google Camera. Unfortunately most gcam ports don't work very well on this device. The most compatible version that was found by the testers on the Mix 3 5G telegram group (https://t.me/mimix3_5G) is this build by Urnyx: https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.9.apk

This version has full 1080p/60fps and 4k/30fps support on the rear camera, but the front selfie camera will cause the app to crash.

The stock camera works fine with selfies and also starts when you open the slider. If you really want gcam, I would advise to install Urnyx's port and set the slider to open stock camera. Best of both worlds :)
    Great!

Just got the Mi Mix 3 5G, and immediately updated to this ROM using the XiaoMiTool V2 Linux app. The whole process was flawless and the ROM is amazing.
    Just wanted to pass on my thanks