[ROM][13.0][OFFICIAL] SparkOS [AOSP][STABLE][11/10/2022]

Search This thread

electronic_dream

Oct 7, 2014
HTC One (m7)
Sony Xperia Z1
This is expected behaviour, as davinci does not use ramdisk (at least it doesn't on mine).. Read the instructions, some devices use ramdisk, some don't.
Seems magisk worked even with ramdisk No. But smthn is wrong with this rom. Without the possibility to have a functional twrp and problems to add my fp i left this rom. It only booted after i formatted data with a strange recovery. And using twrp after that gave mounting partitions errors. A total mess if u ask me.

My install went perfectly smoothly using the Spark recovery downloaded from their site (i.e. not the one in OP).

Although, I was keen to switch to TWRP because of all the features it has (would be great to have terminal access for example).

What is the current state of TWRP on davinci? Is encryption supported, or not? TWRP site seems to indicate yes.

Seems magisk worked even with ramdisk No. But smthn is wrong with this rom. Without the possibility to have a functional twrp and problems to add my fp i left this rom. It only booted after i formatted data with a strange recovery. And using twrp after that gave mounting partitions errors. A total mess if u ask me.

electronic_dream

Oct 7, 2014
HTC One (m7)
Sony Xperia Z1
My install went perfectly smoothly using the Spark recovery downloaded from their site (i.e. not the one in OP).

Although, I was keen to switch to TWRP because of all the features it has (would be great to have terminal access for example).

What is the current state of TWRP on davinci? Is encryption supported, or not? TWRP site seems to indicate yes.
I don't know nothing abt encryption bcuz for me its a pain in the ass to configure the rom then go twrp to flash somenthing or even do a backup and have to format data and lose everything bcuz of encryption wich i never activated, so i flash a encryption disabler.

Elia68

Jan 10, 2023
Ciao a tutti e grazie per avermi accolto... bella ROM ma ho un problema che spero qualcuno possa aiutarmi a risolvere.... Non riesco più ad accoppiare il mio MI WATCH, il bluetooth non riesce a vederlo... Ho provato di tutto, anche per ripristinare il firmware del MI WATCH... Qualcuno ha avuto lo stesso problema?... Mille Grazie

Mod translation: Hello everyone and thanks for welcoming me... nice ROM but I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve.... I can't pair my MI WATCH anymore, bluetooth can't see it... I tried to everything, even to restore the MI WATCH firmware... Has anyone had the same problem?... Many Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

starflower

Nov 26, 2019
Hello everyone.

I can't use fingerprint to unlock the phone. I set up my fingerprint during initial setup. When the screen is locked, and I place my thumb on the FOD, it seems to read the fingerprint (phone vibrates), but then jumps to PIN input.

There was another post earlier suggesting to flash Xiaomi firmware before flashing the ROM, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Edit: When restoring from previous back-up in the Google set-up wizard, don't restore "Device Settings". Now it works. Maybe some issues when switching ROM or upgrading major versions (like Android 12 to 13).

Last edited:
How do I make an update without the update button?
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Screenshot_20230119-001025_Einstellungen.png

Last edited:

Litaro

Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone
I have a problem, I simply can't flash the last version. It stop the sideload have the following message (look at the screenshot). Do anyone have the same issue ? Also I wanted to try OTA but weren't enable to find it.

Attachments

• 1000000148.png
    1000000148.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 78

piliadis

Nov 16, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Hello there and thank you for this ROM. Got 2 points/possible bugs:
- In youtube app, the sound volume is weird. It starts low and gradually goes app as a person talks for example. When he stops for a second or two, it starts again. It's as in a "smooth" gradient mode. Is there any solution to this? Is this some sort of setting?
- The second, and minor is in the 9gag app. The scrolling is rather laggy even in the upwards direction, i.e. the already-loaded content. This may be in other apps as well, that why I am noting it.
Thanks again! Cheers

piliadis

Nov 16, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Love the 13.4 release. the Leica camera is awesome and works great. One thing I have noticed is the new audio rework seems a bit off. When listening to podcasts the volume shifts up and down depending on how much someone talks.
Hi @Pluip ! I had the same problem and figured it out.
Open the Dolby Atmos app and turned it off. It may need to turn it on-off one more time. Hope it helps.

Reactions: jaaneq and Pluip

RonnieNRoll

Jun 24, 2018
With the last 2 updates I'm having a problem with the battery drain, change the phone settings selecting Wcdma/lte but nothing changes...
Screenshot_20230116-110413_Settings.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][13.0][OFFICIAL] SparkOS [AOSP][STABLE][11/10/2022]

intro.jpg

SparkOS is an AOSP based ROM, packed with many features without sacrificing stability and performance.
    In short a fully functional operating system as stable and customizable as it should be.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Device Specific Issues:
    • None Found during my testing

Requirements
    • Latest global firmware

Downloads
    Get the latest SparkOS Build for davinci Download
    Firmware https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/davinci/
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    Recovery Twrp

Note: On -gapps builds GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • Vantom Kernel Included

The provided Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android13, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.
    Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Download ROM from the link above
    • Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe cache, dalvik, data
    • Flash latest global stable firmware (link above)
    • Flash ROM zip
    • Format data (if encrypted)
    • Reboot and voila!
    • To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
    • Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
    • Wipe cache and dalvik (optional, recommended)
    • Reboot and voila!

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/SparkOSChannel
    See our website https://spark-os.live/
    Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/spyroskal

Source Code
    SparkOS https://github.com/Spark-Rom
    Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/Spark-Devices
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/Spark-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_sm6150

ROM OS Version: Android 13.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    Stable Release Date: 11 10 2022
    Latest Release Date: 11 10 2022
    I get Error assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions when trying to sideload august update
    Hi everyone...I have a couple of problems that I would like to solve...I would like to update to version 13.7 (...I'm stuck at 13!), can you give me a simple guide to be able to update without deleting the data?...thanks, at the moment I tried various solutions with TWRP but I didn't succeed...thanks!
    The second problem concerns KingInstaller....can anyone help me understand what the error message I highlighted in the attached photo is?....thank you very much everyone...

I managed to update, so I'll post what I've gathered from Telegram and what worked for me.

From my limited understanding, some release(s) after 13.5 introduced pretty big changes (dynamic partitions being one of them I guess) which make it impossible to dirty flash. If you want to update to the latest version, you unfortunately need to nuke everything. I used Google One to backup my apps.

To update:
    1. Download the files
    2. Boot into fastboot (volume down + power)
    3. Wipe everything
      Code:
      fastboot wipe-super super_empty.img
    4. Install SparkOS recovery
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery-davinci-20230923.img
      It's also possible to use TWRP, but I always run into some issues with it so I prefer this one. If you'd like to use TWRP, you need to uncheck "Unmount System before installing a ZIP" in settings before flashing.
    5. Boot into recovery (volume up + power)
    6. Go to Apply update and then Apply from ADB
    7. Flash firmware
      Code:
      adb sideload fw_davinci_miui_DAVINCIGlobal_V12.1.4.0.RFJMIXM_e0ac13ed89_11.0.zip
    8. Flash OS
      Code:
      adb sideload Spark-13.8-Official-davinci-20230922-gapps.zip
    9. Go to Factory reset and run Format data/factory reset
    10. Reboot into system
    11. Restore backup during the initial setup. Tap Can't use old device?, sign in, and choose the backup from the list.
    12. If you run into weird no internet in apps issue (despite having mobile data and wifi) like I did, go to Settings > System > Reset options > Reset app preferences to fix it.
    Love the 13.4 release. the Leica camera is awesome and works great. One thing I have noticed is the new audio rework seems a bit off. When listening to podcasts the volume shifts up and down depending on how much someone talks.
    Hi @Pluip ! I had the same problem and figured it out.
    Open the Dolby Atmos app and turned it off. It may need to turn it on-off one more time. Hope it helps.
    When paying with google wallet some times I am unable to pay. There is a message that pops up about security issues due to jailbreak I think it says. Is there a bypass for this issue? Thank you
    hide the googlepay in magisk
    I had a similar issue, and finally got it installed using TWRP from CherishOS thread.

Not sure why, but the recovery from this thread seemed to have some problems with system partition (I don't really know what I'm talking about, but it displayed two partitions named "System", while CherishOS' one shows "System" and "System (EROFS)" or something like that)