- May 1, 2022
SparkOS is an AOSP based ROM, packed with many features without sacrificing stability and performance.
In short a fully functional operating system as stable and customizable as it should be.
/* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Device Specific Issues:
• You must be on Latest firmware v188.8.131.52 or v184.108.40.206
• You must use any of the recommended recovery (links are given below).
Get the latest SparkOS Build for vince: Download
Mindthegapps (Use arm64 only): http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps
- TWRP by Starlight
- Orangefox R11.0 Beta
- Read the latest changelogs from: Here
• Build type: User
• Encryption not supported, Decrypted by default
• Selinux is Enforcing
• FMRadio Included
• Do not flash recovery.img available on the spark download website
Clean flash (Coming from a different ROM):
• Download ROM
• Download Custom Google Apps Package (Like Nikgapps core/basic or Mindthegapps) if the ROM is Vanilla variant (On GApps ROM variant Google Apps are included, don't flash a separate Custom Google Apps package)
• Reboot to Recovery.
• Wipe System, Data, Vendor, Cache, Dalvik/ART cache partitions
• Flash latest stable firmware v220.127.116.11 before flashing ROM
• Flash ROM zip
• Flash Custom Google Apps Package if the ROM is Vanilla variant
• Reboot to system
To get root access, Reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash Magisk.zip
BOOTLOOP SITUATION: If you are coming from stock/custom MIUI or any ROM which had data ENCRYPTION, you will face bootloop and can not boot into the system. In such case you need to FORMAT data after flashing the ROM. Otherwise the ROM won't boot (Read detailed instructions from here)
Dirty flash (Updating to a newer build):
• Download the new update ROM zip
• Reboot to recovery
• Do not wipe anything
• Flash the new update ROM zip
• Flash the same Custom Google Apps Package again you flashed before (For vanilla users)
• Flash Magisk again if you are rooted before (For rooted users)
• Wipe Cache and Dalvik/ART cache
• Reboot to system
Important note regarding SparkOS 13.6 update
This is a huge rebase of the ROM's source code after the March update, So Clean flash is MANDATORY for all users. Some bugs from previous versions have been fixed in this version and some new features can be noticed. Some customizations have been temporarily removed (eg: Smart charging, QS row & column customisation etc) and will be added in future releases (Read official community post).
You should be aware of some known source bugs in this release before updating to 13.6. These bugs are not device specific and are present in all Spark official devices which will be fixed in the next update.
Known bugs are;
1. Launcher settings are crashing with light theme (works fine with dark theme). You can use a different Launcher but I think Pixel launcher Extended will not work anymore as spark is now completely based on lineage
2. Shortcut buttons glitches in recent panel.
3. Visual glitch on Quicksettings/Statusbar after a reboot (Restarting SystemUI fixes it for now)
Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/SparkOSChannel
Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/spyroskal
See our website https://spark-os.live/
Device Support Group https://t.me/anandhansprojects_chat
Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/Spark-Devices
Kernel Tree https://github.com/aospa-vince/android_kernel_xiaomi_vince
ROM OS Version: Android 13.0
Spark-OS Version: Android 13.6
Security Patch Level: May 2023
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.x
Stable Release Date: 30.05.2023
Latest Release Date: 30.05.2023