[ROM][13.0][OnePlus 5/5T] AOSP for OnePlus 5 [20 SEP 2023]

Search This thread

charlie..

Jan 22, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
i9100
Hello, thanks for the great Rom. Two questions:
1) how can I remove tge search bar on the home screen?
2) does anybody got android auto to work? First I got Error 22 that android auto is no system app, after following this tutorial (https://xdaforums.com/t/gsi-fix-communication-error-22-on-android-auto.4456645/) it is a system app now but won't work either. I installed litegapps arm64 with magisk.

Another thing: after a clean install the calendar app does not work, got a working one from f-droid which does the job.

Thanks for the great work!

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Italy
Hello, thanks for the great Rom. Two questions:
1) how can I remove tge search bar on the home screen?
2) does anybody got android auto to work? First I got Error 22 that android auto is no system app, after following this tutorial (https://xdaforums.com/t/gsi-fix-communication-error-22-on-android-auto.4456645/) it is a system app now but won't work either. I installed litegapps arm64 with magisk.

Another thing: after a clean install the calendar app does not work, got a working one from f-droid which does the job.

Thanks for the great work!
1) Use a different launcher. I suggest Nova launcher, free from the play store.
2) In the telegram group a user was able to get it working using Nikgapps, you can enter in the group and look for those messages about Android Auto.

Do you have logs about the calendar issue? It appears to work fine on my device.

Reactions: charlie..

satand

May 4, 2015
i can confirm the non-working aosp calendar app. force closes right after the start. google calendar works.

the battery charging indication inside the battery symbol is disappearing from time to time. it works again after a restart until it disappears again. in this case there is no indication the battery is charging. even the battery percentage while charging doesn't show.

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Italy
i can confirm the non-working aosp calendar app. force closes right after the start. google calendar works.

the battery charging indication inside the battery symbol is disappearing from time to time. it works again after a restart until it disappears again. in this case there is no indication the battery is charging. even the battery percentage while charging doesn't show.
I don't have any of those issues :D
I just clean flashed and calendar is working, and while charging I don't see those issues. Can you share a logcat?

satand

May 4, 2015
yes, will do that probably tomorrow when the charging indication has disappeard again :D

but these are very minor issues. the rom works amazingly great as a daily driver. thanks a lot for your work and your outstanding support!

Reactions: robertogl

charlie..

Jan 22, 2016
i9100
I don't have any of those issues :D
I just clean flashed and calendar is working, and while charging I don't see those issues. Can you share a logcat?
Here is the logcat stored for 24h. It is my first logcat so if I can improve providing information let me know ;-]
logcat

Sidenotes:
Clean install 1+5t
Nikgapps
Nikgapps addon android auto
Magisk

Edit: typos

charlie..

Jan 22, 2016
i9100
Unfortunately, logcat is not persisted that much. Only the last minutes are available. You should get the logcat immediatly after the issue appears.

I understand that this may be complicated, but it is how logcat works :)
Last try here is the short logcat about 3 seconds when opening calendar app and crashing short 24 h

And here is the full log following your linked manual to export system logs "adb logcat > logcat.txt" which is really big long 24 h

Bubble-be

I haven't been flashing frequently lately, excluding PE updates. There wasn't much to get exited about.

Felt cheeky so I dirty flashed from PE12..which appeared to go fine...for a while. Startup etc was ok, but it appeared more applications had an issue. After a factory reset, I'm back to full functionality.

Running AOSP13 + Nikgapps Omni + Magisk Delta
Everything's running fine so far. Excellent job (y)

Bubble-be

I'm back at PE12...
After a few hours applications started FC, the phone began running warm and I lost about 10% battery in 10 minutes. It was obviously some kind of error loop in the background.
I admit I have no logs to show for it as I wanted a working phone before going to bed and work today, but I'll try again later on.

Bubble-be

Ok, checking back in.. although it's feels like I'm talking to myself...

I've now been running for several days. It appeared it was user error before- like most of the time - as I had downloaded gapps for a wrong version.

Now I'm all good: smooth without errors. I could use a suggestion on gcam though, I tried ngcam but the view is choppy.

I really hope you keep updating this, I bought you a drink to keep you motivated :p. Thanks a lot!

Sval

Nov 18, 2010
OnePlus 5
Realme X2 Pro
Ok, checking back in.. although it's feels like I'm talking to myself...

I've now been running for several days. It appeared it was user error before- like most of the time - as I had downloaded gapps for a wrong version.

Now I'm all good: smooth without errors. I could use a suggestion on gcam though, I tried ngcam but the view is choppy.

I really hope you keep updating this, I bought you a drink to keep you motivated :p. Thanks a lot!
which gapps you use now sir ?

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
Hi, there is no plan to include signature spoofing at the moment. I think there were some magisk modules or something on A12 for that...
Would be great if your rom had MicroG support.

I've heard about that kind of modules. But roms with signature spoofing functionality included reduce the risk of doing anything wrong concerning MicroG.

Maybe you could think about it ;)

Last edited:

ofehmi

Apr 5, 2013
I use it as a daily driver.
For gapps using lite gapps.
Launcher is lawnchair.gcam 8.2.300 working well with night mode xml.Very smooth and snappy.No complaints so far.I like it is minimalistic and bloat free.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP for OnePlus 5/5T - Android 13
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it!
    */

Most of the information from here can be applied for this ROM.
    Introduction

Screenshot_20220817-220930.png

This projects aims to create an upgradable AOSP build system for the Oneplus 5 (Cheeseburger).
    No repository from AOSP is changed: no commit over AOSP is at the moment present on the sources for this ROM.

All the changes are provided in separate repositories (HALs, kernel): this allows to upgrade Android with minimal effort, potentially also for future major versions.

Most of the added repositories is provided by LineageOS or CAF, so thanks to them for those repos.

Screenshots are attached.

This ROM is based on the work on Android 12 from here: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-12-1-oneplus-5-5t-aosp-for-oneplus-5-07-july-2022.4343441/

As usual, only builds with enforcing SELinux, no root access and 'user Android build flavor' will be posted here.

Known issues

None that I'm aware.

Changelog

See second post.

Download

Releases can be found on SourceForge:
    OnePlus 5 (Cheeseburger): : https://sourceforge.net/projects/aosponeplus/files/Cheeseburger_OTA_A13/
    OnePlus 5T (Dumpling): :
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aosponeplus/files/Dumpling_OTA_A13/

Old: releases can be found on AndroidFileHost.
    OnePlus 5 (Cheeseburger): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=335703
    OnePlus 5T (Dumpling): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=335704

Installation

Backup everything.
    The provided zip can be installed using the TWRP recovery: clear data while doing that.

The ROM expects the firmware from OOS 10.0.1: different firmwares are not tested.

GApps are not available for Android 13 yet (for what I know).

The provided recovery allows only flashing signed images: use TWRP if you need to flash GApps or different packages.

Sources

Kernel on github: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    ROM sources: https://github.com/roberto-sartori-gl/local_manifests/tree/a13/gl

Telegram discussion group here!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP for OnePlus 5/5T, ROM for the OnePlus 5/5T

Contributors
    robertogl

Thank you to @T1mb3

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-08-16
    Last Updated 2023-09-20
    New releases:
    cheesburger: aosp13_cheeseburger-ota-user-20220906.zip
    dumpling: aosp13_dumpling-ota-user-20220906.zip

Changelog:
    • September 2022 security patches (synced with AOSP android-13.0.0_r4)
    • Synced with latest Lineage changes (fix low volume during video recording)
    • Fix some issues with VoLTE/VoWifi status bar icons
    • Remove support for wireless display/cast - it is not supported on AOSP by Google
    • SettingsExtra: add option to keep the capacitive buttons backlight always on (with screen on)
    • SettingsExtra: add option to select the timeout to turn off the capacitive buttons backlight (when the backlight is turned on after pressing a button)
    • Restore AOSP vibration/alarm status bar icons: vibration icon can be enabled from Settings -> Sounds & vibration -> Always show icon when in vibrate mode
    New releases:
    cheesburger: aosp13_cheeseburger-ota-user-20230315.zip
    dumpling: aosp13_dumpling-ota-user-20230315.zip

Changelog:
    • Fix automatic brightness not working
    • Fix alert slider not working correctly
    New releases:
    cheesburger: aosp13_cheeseburger-ota-user-20220817.zip
    dumpling: aosp13_dumpling-ota-user-20220817.zip

Changelog:
    • Fix volume slider
    • Remove DC mode (flicker free) - fix black/white screen issue
    For anyone looking for gapps for android 13, NikGapps-T is also available now. :)