I am on official Pixel Experience Plus 6 Jan 2023 build of OnePlus 7T pro with latest kernel 1.4.
Here are my observations as a first time custom rom user on this device:
- The performance is very good. Very smooth animations and overall better performance than stock OOS 12.
- The pixel experience features offered are very nice (I did not try every feature because I do not use every single feature on the phone).
- The auto brightness feature is bad. I think earlier someone mentioned that it is too sensitive. That might be it.
- I also noticed that when the screen is touched the brightness increases and if you do not touch it for approximately 5 seconds the brightness decreases. This is especially visible while watching a video in Youtube app in fullscreen but it's definitely not limited to this app. This happens in every app.
- The battery life is definitely worst than stock OOS 12. Compared to the stock ROM, this ROM consumes more battery at idle. I did an experiment to check on this issue. Basically I installed the ROM and the Kernel 1.4 and no 3rd party apps. Then, charged the phone to 100%, unplugged it and left it for the night. In the morning (after 7 hours) the battery was at 93%. I did it the next day and same result. If I install 3rd party apps it can only get worst from here.
- One thing I noticed, the wifi does not switch off at night unlike the stock ROM. But, I will admit that I also see this behaviour on an actual Pixel device (Pixel 6a). So, I guess this is a feature, not a bug?! But switching off the wifi may help with the battery in theory, right?
- Lastly, when using chrome even with only one tab open the device heats way too much. On stock ROM I could have 10 tabs open, switch between them while using and still it not heat this much.
Overall if you want a fast and smooth experience this rom is better than stock OOS 12. OOS 12 is actually buggy, some features work and sometimes they don't. That's just bizarre. However, with this Pixel Experience rom for me the biggest drawback is the inefficient usage of the battery. Right now i'm unsure if I will return to stock rom because I just hate how slow and laggy it is.
Great work to the maintainer of this rom. Thanks for your hard work. This post is only mean to share information with other users about this ROM. No hate and no disrespect.
I am no expert but if I can help with further optimization of this ROM fell free to let me know. Anyways, I will continue to follow this thread and try new stuff from the maintainer.