[ROM][13.0][raphael][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM [26/11/2022]

Search This thread

.anon

Jul 4, 2017
it's fine in mine, you probably did a wrong step during clean flash from evo
The rom itself worked fine for a month, but suddenly chrome started crashing, and I could not access my google settings, it would just be empty. So I decided to flash evo x.. Man oh man it was a nightmare to boot back into twrp. Was stuck in fastboot for quite some time.

If anyone else has this issue, flash an older version of twrp, and than update it from within twrp. Than instal the rom again.

EDIT: Also, be very carefull with this rom, the backup I made before reseting was messed up and would not restore. Luckily I had another one about a month ago from evo itself. It worked.
Not sure if it was the roms fault, but still.

pio80

Apr 28, 2015
.. Man oh man it was a nightmare to boot back into twrp. Was stuck in fastboot for quite some time.

If anyone else has this issue, flash an older version of twrp, and than update it from within twrp. Than instal the rom again.
I had the same situation with this rom! Stuck in fastboot after usual restart!
I had to flash the stock image through the fastboot commands and I had to watch this "nasty" miui ..😁😂😉 I got back to aosp as soon as possible...finally I lost L1! Super!

viskoo

Sep 18, 2020
Flash instructions

🚦 Before flashing any rom, make a backup of your persist! 🚥

based on OSS venodor (A11 Firmware)
Use latest Stable Orange Fox or Unofficial @naveenjohnson Recovery's

Clean Flash
- Back up all your data
- Wipe Cache - Dalvik - System - Data - Vendor
- Flash latest firmware required by ROM
- Flash Rom
- Flash DFE if you don't want to be encrypted, otherwise you need the format data
- reboot system

Dirty Flash

- Back up all your data
- Wipe Cache - Dalvik
- Flash Rom
- Flash DFE
- reboot system
I did the clean installation. And now the phone is just a *phone* ,no media consumption possible. 😐

• Sad
Reactions: lordgamma

ralf979

Sep 8, 2007
The rom itself worked fine for a month, but suddenly chrome started crashing, and I could not access my google settings, it would just be empty. So I decided to flash evo x.. Man oh man it was a nightmare to boot back into twrp. Was stuck in fastboot for quite some time.

EDIT: Also, be very carefull with this rom, the backup I made before reseting was messed up and would not restore. Luckily I had another one about a month ago from evo itself. It worked.
Not sure if it was the roms fault, but still.
well, you mess up and it's the rom's fault?
never any problem with backup and fastboot reboot (for this you have to use twrp or ofox by naven)
out of more than a thousand who follow the guides and no one has this problem, you broke the backup and the fault is the rom?
ok be careful with this rom.... breaks backups
:°°°D

Reactions: sachinsmac

.anon

Jul 4, 2017
well, you mess up and it's the rom's fault?
never any problem with backup and fastboot reboot (for this you have to use twrp or ofox by naven)
out of more than a thousand who follow the guides and no one has this problem, you broke the backup and the fault is the rom?
ok be careful with this rom.... breaks backups
:°°°D
I am talking about google backups. How can I mess that up? It is set by the OS, and backed up regularely. But when I tried to restore the settings, it woudn't do it. It would just boot the phone without the restore, and log me out of the account. I tried multiple times.

Never had this issue with any other backup. Everything was instaled properly, but the device didn't want to boot into recovery. Anywho, I wanted to share my experience. Doesn't have to be everyones. :)

zamc

Sep 21, 2010
Athens
I install yesterday, all great but the Bank App Is not working ...it cruses ..
Any ideas?

viskoo

Sep 18, 2020
One more issue now. The phone battery just drained as a loose bag of rice over night.
I charged my device to 94% unplugged and went to sleep, without even opening any apps and no apps in the recents .
Woke up and I'm greeted with 8% of battery remaining. Checked the batter usage , nothing is there.
Please fix this. Battery drain is kindof an issue for past few days now.

Szatyor

Jul 30, 2012
Budapest
One more issue now. The phone battery just drained as a loose bag of rice over night.
I charged my device to 94% unplugged and went to sleep, without even opening any apps and no apps in the recents .
Woke up and I'm greeted with 8% of battery remaining. Checked the batter usage , nothing is there.
Please fix this. Battery drain is kindof an issue for past few days now.
It's an interesting issue. I have two Mi 9T Pros, both of them runs the same PE ROM with the same settings, apps, etc. But one of them has this draining issue, while the other one doesn't. It started days ago, so my first thought was that an updated app causes this, but every single app is up to date on both phones. Then I checked the batteries' health, but they are pretty much the same (~3500 mAh and ~3600 mAh).

Sadly, I don't know how could I help to locate the issue, since I hadn't used logcat or other debugging tools. If someone can tell me how can I help, let me know.

viskoo

Sep 18, 2020
It's an interesting issue. I have two Mi 9T Pros, both of them runs the same PE ROM with the same settings, apps, etc. But one of them has this draining issue, while the other one doesn't. It started days ago, so my first thought was that an updated app causes this, but every single app is up to date on both phones. Then I checked the batteries' health, but they are pretty much the same (~3500 mAh and ~3600 mAh).

Sadly, I don't know how could I help to locate the issue, since I hadn't used logcat or other debugging tools. If someone can tell me how can I help, let me know.
Finally someone having the same issue.

During the drain timing : Gplay services were using the battery almost all the time with no other apps. I think it's the core services being th culprit.

Also the phone tends to disable the turbo charge as well. Please check it.
The bugs are bugging day by day, so severe that I'm missing calls and alarms.

New issue : phone getting so warm that it's not usable by holding it in hand. I checked the temps using CPU Monitor and seems like 4 cores are always on 100% even though no apps are running and peak temps reached 83°C . My palm is turning red by holding the phone.

Last edited:

Szatyor

Jul 30, 2012
Budapest
Finally someone having the same issue.

During the drain timing : Gplay services were using the battery almost all the time with no other apps. I think it's the core services being th culprit.

Also the phone tends to disable the turbo charge as well. Please check it.
The bugs are bugging day by day, so severe that I'm missing calls and alarms.

New issue : phone getting so warm that it's not usable by holding it in hand. I checked the temps using CPU Monitor and seems like 4 cores are always on 100% even though no apps are running and peak temps reached 83°C . My palm is turning red by holding the phone.
About Gplay services: We have the exact same issue, but I belive there's more than meets the eye, since permission manager also consumes a noticeable amount of battery for me.

When you say turbo charge, you mean 15W (5V, 3A) fast charging? If yes, then that works just fine on my phone, but if you meant even faster charging, sadly I cannot test that since I don't have faster charger. I like to charge the battery much slower in normal conditions.

And I also don't have the overheating issue, both of my phones stays below 40°C CPU, and 30°C battery while it's charging with the 15W charger. Anyway, if something like this happens with my phone too, I'll let you know.

Reactions: viskoo

viskoo

Sep 18, 2020
About Gplay services: We have the exact same issue, but I belive there's more than meets the eye, since permission manager also consumes a noticeable amount of battery for me.

When you say turbo charge, you mean 15W (5V, 3A) fast charging? If yes, then that works just fine on my phone, but if you meant even faster charging, sadly I cannot test that since I don't have faster charger. I like to charge the battery much slower in normal conditions.

And I also don't have the overheating issue, both of my phones stays below 40°C CPU, and 30°C battery while it's charging with the 15W charger. Anyway, if something like this happens with my phone too, I'll let you know.
Yea.. the charger i use is 18W provided with the phone. And it used to detect turbo charging. But when audio stutter there turbo goes. After few restarts it's resolved. But will be back again.
Thank you for responding.

Szatyor

Jul 30, 2012
Budapest
Yea.. the charger i use is 18W provided with the phone. And it used to detect turbo charging. But when audio stutter there turbo goes. After few restarts it's resolved. But will be back again.
Thank you for responding.
Yesterday I've found a solution which completely stopped the draining issue. Here you can read the whole thread about it, but if you want the solution only, here's what to do:
1. Download and install a terminal app (for example Termux).
2. Type the command su, press enter, then grant root permission for the app when it's prompted.
3. After that, type pm disable com.google.android.gms/.chimera.GmsIntentOperationService, hit enter, and reboot your phone.

That's it.

Reactions: viskoo

zgeo

Jun 20, 2010
Hi there and thank you for the great tom. Is there going to be a new version with April security?

Top Liked Posts

Sorry for double post.
    Pardon my ignorance, is the Pixel Extended and Pixel Experience the Same?

I wanted to flash Pixel Extended. I couldn't find the guide or requirements for that. I'm currently on Android 10, should I get updated to Android 11 firmware or Vendor or something like that(I forgot what it's called, it's been long time for me)

Or can I just flast Pixel Extended from Android 10 without any issues? Pls reply, sorry for taking your time i couldn't find the installation guide neither any yt. Your help be appreciated.
    I'm suspecting both are made from the same fork of 13 but both have have been implemented differently so ROMs are different. So I would do a clean flash on both just as a precaution.
    Pardon my ignorance, is the Pixel Extended and Pixel Experience the Same?

I wanted to flash Pixel Extended. I couldn't find the guide or requirements for that. I'm currently on Android 10, should I get updated to Android 11 firmware or Vendor or something like that(I forgot what it's called, it's been long time for me)

Or can I just flast Pixel Extended from Android 10 without any issues? Pls reply, sorry for taking your time i couldn't find the installation guide neither any yt. Your help be appreciated.
    Rom flashing instructions are on the 1st page of the rom thread. Their easy to follow as your already on a custom rom. Just back up, wipe and flash and you should be good to go. If your device is encrypted make sure you have the latest orangefox recovery installed, format data not a wipe then reboot back into recovery and continue to normal wipe and flash
    If you regarding this rom the yes, once flashed encryption will be disabled even during a update when a new rom update comes out. All you have to do is FORMAT DATA then reboot to recovery again and continue to flash the rom. But there is instructions on op 1st page that tells you the installation instructions in detail.

Good luck with the flash.
    Oh boy, I'm so sorry I missed that information in the change log. Thank you very much for your quick reply. You just made my day! :D
    Hi guys, November Update is Out
    see changelog in second post !!

Enjoy The PEX!!
    Can someone comment on camera please? That's the only thing keeping me on stock for now...
    Using this rom with disabling the stock camera so it disappears from the menu and installed gcam. Trust me it's better than the stock k20 pro cam. I've also provided the link of the gcam https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl88/
    I hope this helps. Lemme show you one example also
    Hi I've quickly created a wallpaper for this rom if anyone wants it, or for it to be included in the rom itself. 😁. I take no credit for the logo I just slapped it on a background.

wm333962673 (1).png
    Really thinking of moving out from outdated Miui.eu so for what I read around this should be the best option to move.

But first I have some questions:
    -Is the charging really slow?
    -Does video playback have issues? Stunts or green tint?
    -I'm choosing a daily driver.... Not in the mood to move around all the time... Is it the best option?
    -usually, the status on the lock screen reads slow charging but practically it's quite fast for me
    -I've never experienced any video issues
    -daily driver?
    -usually, the status on the lock screen reads slow charging but practically it's quite fast for me
    -I've never experienced any video issues
    -daily driver?
    -daily driver as a rom that's stable enough to use as a main rom. But with your answers I guess it is 😉

Thanks I appreciate your help

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Mi 9T pro / K20 pro [raphael]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), We are Combining Pixel Goodies with some essential features you were missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promise you stabilty and being feature-rich at the same time . TBH this ROM will keep it's Pixel' idea intact and won't be bloat with unwanted features .

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13 (T)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

NOTES:
    * OSS Vendor .
    * Use latest A11 firmware for your region.
    * Gapps included.
    * FLASH GUIDE in device Changelog

Changelog:
    26/11/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Old:

Changelog:
    24/10/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    15/09/2022 (last A12.1 update)
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    15/0/2022 (last A12.1 update)
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

12/08/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    07/07/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    11/06/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    18/05/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    07/04/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    29/04/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    25/02/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    25/01/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    20/12/2021
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    31/11/2021
    Source:
    Initial PixelExtended Android 12 BETA release :-

Device:
    - Initial A12 release

Last A11 release:
    Changelog:
    10/10/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    05/09/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    18/08/2021
    Source:
    - HERE

21/06/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

17/05/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

07/02/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

20/01/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

25/12
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

22/11
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - Rebased on Ahbishek tree's
    - Enforcing build
    - Vibration instensity improvement
    - Add multiuser support
    - Add Doze Support & raise to wake
    - Enable blurs, under dev-option
    - Deleted Snap Camera
    - Add GcamGO
    - adjust window rounded corners
    - Add Tethering Overlay (from LOS)
    **(settings > battery > thermal profile > select gaming or benchmarking profile for app you want to apply touch controls > click on new touch icon > enjoy )
    - and other little things

13-10:
    * Initial R release

22-09:
    Source :-

* Introducing AOSPA App Lock
    * Letting legacy apps scale fully to the display's aspect ratio
    * Some minor FOD improvments
    * Made Battery Icon on QS clickable
    * New Default wall thanks to @customArtsSB
    ***** END OF A10 SUPPORT . PEACE OUT !! *****

Device :-

* Switch to swipe on loockscreen for faceunlock

12-09:

Merged September Security Patch
    Imporvments For Pocket Lock
    Custom FOD Icon Support
    Moved Battery Icon to QS Header
    Auto Brightness too low ? We added a setting to clamp min auto bs
    Added Support for POSP' Mi/Dirac Sound
    Fixed an issue where device ain't going to deep sleep cz of pocket lock
    Capture Your Screen now at 0 delay
    Touch Optimisations
    Fixed a case where device is detected as rooted , apps that was causing it should be fine now .
    Rebranded Fan_Edition To Pixel Extended and added a new lottie branding animation .

Update to Coral's Sept 2020 fingerprint
    how back button on thermal activity
    Disable hifi preference when toggling switchbar
    DcDimmingSettingsFragment: Listen for qs tiles change

20-08:
    Device changes:
    * Switch to Pixel Extended OFFICIAL
    * Fixed Screenoff FOD
    * Restored AOSPA volume panel (to follow changes from ROM)
    * Clean flash is recommended, but dirty flash from PixelExperience FAN Edition is still possible. (if you do dirty flash, first remove the pin or flash passreset.zip in recovery (only for this update))

ROM changes:
    * None

18-08:
    * August SP is finally here
    * Added 5 new animated lockscreen clocks
    * Touch response animation (fwb)
    * Added 2 new Primary Colors
    * Added battery temparature in battery page
    * Network Traffic Improvemnts

* Add add FOD Animation picker
    * Update Fingerprint To Coral August Security Patch
    * Decrease light sensor warmup time
    * bump minimum vendor variant for IN (12.0.2.0)
    * Enable fluence voice recording (fix google recorder)

12/08
    - Fixed Ambient Display afther reboot
    - Fixed loockscreen flikering
    - Add Screen OFF FOD
    - Add Google Recorder
    - import vendor overlay
    - enable iwlan assisted
    - update props from latest miui
    - Set dynamic thermal interval to 5 sec
    Hi guys,
    new update for you !!
    PEX 2.4