[ROM][13.0][sargo] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

zurjskj

May 31, 2018
Thank you so much! Used the first beta builds and yesterday installed the stable release. Apart from the "bootloader is unlocked" message at the beginning, it's nearly impossible to tell this is a custom ROM. Google stopped releasing upgrades for Sargo, but PixelExperience makes Android 13 a seamless experience on this device. Even features like the "double tap on back" shortcut and adaptive audio works. In my usage I have come across not a single thing that didn't work exactly how it should, and the overall experience is incomparably smooth and fluid. PixelExperience is by far the best ROM to recommend anyone who wants to go on using Google's various services.

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
I clean flashed the latest release (Nov 22), got it setup and then patched the boot image with Magisk 25.2.
Flashing the Magisk patched image causes the OS to bootloop.
Is there a different/special method needed to root this ROM?

Last edited:

ayush_dey

Nov 15, 2022
Even I have this same issue as I patch it with magisk, the device goes to bootlop and never works. In both the standard and the plus editions these issues persist. The previous beta build didn't cause this issue. How to fix it??
I clean flashed the latest release (Nov 22), got it setup and then patched the boot image with Magisk 25.2.
Flashing the Magisk patched image causes the OS to bootloop.
Is there a different/special method needed to root this ROM?

crok.bic

Dec 22, 2010
Debrecen
The referenced tweet is posted in May 6, 2019, 3.5+ years ago - why do you think it is still relevant..? Even John wrote in the tweet that EROFS will be supported by Magisk shortly.. 3.5+ years ago. Just looked into the GitHub releases and changelogs and V19.3 (released: Jun 5, 2019) has in it's changelog: [MagiskInit] Support EROFS used in EMUI 9.1
First advise, as always: try pathing it with the canary build.

Last edited:

purgy

So magisk works then?
The referenced tweet is posted in May 6, 2019, 3.5+ years ago - why do you think it is still relevant..? Even John wrote in the tweet that EROFS will be supported by Magisk shortly.. 3.5+ years ago. Just looked into the GitHub releases and changelogs and V19.3 (released: Jun 5, 2019) has in it's changelog: [MagiskInit] Support EROFS used in EMUI 9.1
First advise, as always: try pathing it with the canary build.

cavedano8

Mar 19, 2013
Hello.
I have already installed version 12 plus (august). Can I install 13 plus with a clean install following the guide? Or I need to reinstall stock first?

purgy

No, it does not work with PE.
John updated Magisk to work with EROFS as implemented in EMUI 9.1. It does not work with EROFS as implemented by the PE team.
Thanks for the info, I'll wait for working root then.

Seems there's no open issues regarding this on magisk github, don't know if that's a good thing or not :V

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably wrong spot for this question but I just installed TWRP can I use this rom? I've never flashed anything yet I'm still on stock? I downloaded elemental x kernel. Do I need that? Or do I just flash this rom? I really wanna try something newer than android 12 I went from the pixel 8 Pro to the 3a! Not the worst downgrade but I really wanna get a better rom experience! Please Amy help would be appreciated! I'm a noob but I've rooted many easy androids! Please help!
    Devs of this rom have renamed the ROM to pixelbuilds and moved on to android 14. So this ROM isn't updated anymore.

If you have an unlockable (non-verizon) bootloader, you can flash the ROM.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 3a [sargo]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Finally.
    I was waiting for the day when I could get a pixel experience on my pixel phone.
    Thank you for keeping sargo alive. This beta build is so smooth but I found one problem. The hostspot is working but internet isn't available for device that connected to this device.
    I'm probably missing something obvious but I'm not sure how to setup Google Pay. I've downloaded Wallet but that won't allow me to add a card as the boatloader is unlocked.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    Quick update - Google has broken Google Pay on Pixel Experience and other ROMs (covers all phones). A fix has already been identified apparently, so fingers crossed the PE team build this in shortly.

And yes, I do appreciate that I'm talking to myself 😂
    There was a post about this on the pixel experience telegram. I found it when I was making sure that I wasn't behind on patches.

With the absurd delay that real life and the amount of work that the December security patch required we decided to skip the December security patch, hence we will be making releases upon the arrival of the January security patch.

We wish you and your relatives a great end of year.

Seems to work for my Verizon. I went into the test menu by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and it shows that I'm provisioned for VOLTE. Plus they turned off their CDMA network so calls don't work without VOLTE.
    Thank you! Installed the latest build yesterday and everything seems to be fine. Wish you and everyone involved in this amazing project a great time and a beautiful beginning of the year!