[ROM][13.0][sargo] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

afpbis

Mar 20, 2019
Same for me. End of updates for Pixel 3a. I didn't want to change the phone so I flashed this rom. It's great. Thanks a lot for the job. Af

blksith0

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah I flashed Magisk and the phone doesn't boot now...

A few notes:

1. Support eSIM
2. Bring back Active Edge customization
3. Allow rooting (how else are we going to restore Swift Backup?)

What do you need from me to make these dreams come true? Or at least the last one.

BacktotheFuji

Jan 29, 2017
UK
I picked up a couple of Pixel 3as with mild screen burn for less than £20 each to play with. Pixel Experience is running great on the device I've flashed. Only thing I've noticed is portrait mode is zoomed in further than on stock. Is that intentional?

Many thanks for your hard work in keeping these devices supported 👍

Reactions: vuong0888

BacktotheFuji

Jan 29, 2017
UK
I'm probably missing something obvious but I'm not sure how to setup Google Pay. I've downloaded Wallet but that won't allow me to add a card as the boatloader is unlocked.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

BacktotheFuji

Jan 29, 2017
UK
I'm probably missing something obvious but I'm not sure how to setup Google Pay. I've downloaded Wallet but that won't allow me to add a card as the boatloader is unlocked.

Quick update - Google has broken Google Pay on Pixel Experience and other ROMs (covers all phones). A fix has already been identified apparently, so fingers crossed the PE team build this in shortly.

And yes, I do appreciate that I'm talking to myself 😂

purgy

Quick update - Google has broken Google Pay on Pixel Experience and other ROMs (covers all phones). A fix has already been identified apparently, so fingers crossed the PE team build this in shortly.

Custom rom with no root so we can't fix it ourselves (displax modded usnf) what a time to be alive

BacktotheFuji

Jan 29, 2017
UK
So Google Wallet started working again which is cool.

I have to say, running this device side by side with another 3a running stock Android 12...Pixel Experience runs so much smoother. Not sure if it's something in PE or optimisations with Android 13 but the difference is quite noticeable.

Like many others, I recently lost Google Pay/Wallet functionality due to Google’s move to the new Play Integrity API. Because I wasn’t sure if/when PE would be able to fix this (and because I wanted to learn), I recently attempted myself to extract the boot.img from PE’s (sargo) payload.bin file (via Payload Dumper), patch it with Magisk, and then reflash it back to sargo. If this had worked, I would have further explored installing Zygist, USNF, etc.

I was indeed able to extract boot.img, flash the official Magisk apk, patch the boot image file, and then reflash it back to the device. However, this led to endless bootloader loops. Unable to fix this, I gave up and reinstalled official PE for sargo.

It’s no big deal, as I learned a lot in the process – and PE (at the group, not ROM/maintainer level) has stated they will soon have a solution in hand for the SafetyNet/Play Integrity issues. But can anyone with more experience/knowledge than me explain why I wouldn’t have been able to patch the boot.img file with Magisk myself? Is there some obvious reason that I’m not aware of?

Today's official PE sargo 13 202302222 update went fine (it must have been a large file as it took longer than usual to install and update). And can confirm that Google Wallet/Pay now currently working on my device (I can add cards, passes Integrity Check (Device, Basic), etc. Thanks very much to the maintainer as well as the larger PE team :->. Hopefully this will last for a while...

Last edited:

pegs520

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel XL
Most recent build broke a few things for me:

• If I'm playing music or a video, notifications lower the volume.
  • Double tap to wake doesn't work.
  • Lift to check phone doesn't work.

Has anyone had these issues?

BacktotheFuji

Jan 29, 2017
UK
Most recent build broke a few things for me:

• If I'm playing music or a video, notifications lower the volume.
  • Double tap to wake doesn't work.
  • Lift to check phone doesn't work.

Has anyone had these issues?

I thought the first one was standard behaviour unless on vibrate only or silent?

The other two seem to be working for me. I allowed the phone to find the update and install itself if that helps.

pegs520

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel XL
I thought the first one was standard behaviour unless on vibrate only or silent?

The other two seem to be working for me. I allowed the phone to find the update and install itself if that helps.
It's supposed to momentarily lower the volume, then the volume should go back to normal. My phone lowers the volume and it stays there.

I also waited for the OTA update to pop up and then installed.

BacktotheFuji

Jan 29, 2017
UK
It's supposed to momentarily lower the volume, then the volume should go back to normal. My phone lowers the volume and it stays there.

I also waited for the OTA update to pop up and then installed.
Annoying!

I'm not using this phone as my daily driver, but just tested this (YouTube music and Gmail) and it worked as expected i.e. lowered the volume for a second or so and then returned to normal.

Have you got any amplifier apps installed or anything else like that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably wrong spot for this question but I just installed TWRP can I use this rom? I've never flashed anything yet I'm still on stock? I downloaded elemental x kernel. Do I need that? Or do I just flash this rom? I really wanna try something newer than android 12 I went from the pixel 8 Pro to the 3a! Not the worst downgrade but I really wanna get a better rom experience! Please Amy help would be appreciated! I'm a noob but I've rooted many easy androids! Please help!
    Devs of this rom have renamed the ROM to pixelbuilds and moved on to android 14. So this ROM isn't updated anymore.

If you have an unlockable (non-verizon) bootloader, you can flash the ROM.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 3a [sargo]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    Finally.
    I was waiting for the day when I could get a pixel experience on my pixel phone.
    Thank you for keeping sargo alive. This beta build is so smooth but I found one problem. The hostspot is working but internet isn't available for device that connected to this device.

There was a post about this on the pixel experience telegram. I found it when I was making sure that I wasn't behind on patches.

With the absurd delay that real life and the amount of work that the December security patch required we decided to skip the December security patch, hence we will be making releases upon the arrival of the January security patch.

We wish you and your relatives a great end of year.

Seems to work for my Verizon. I went into the test menu by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and it shows that I'm provisioned for VOLTE. Plus they turned off their CDMA network so calls don't work without VOLTE.
    Thank you! Installed the latest build yesterday and everything seems to be fine. Wish you and everyone involved in this amazing project a great time and a beautiful beginning of the year!