[ROM][13.0][taimen] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

tabormeister

Oh awesome, Have you had any issues so far? Such as the call/message delays? Does booting into the recovery work fine? Ive heard it corrupts the boot process.
I kinda don't want to check hahaha, and I don't have a sim in it currently since it's a backup. Hella stable though, memory management seems to be excellent (not killing background apps)

Reactions: Lenny_One

Lenny_One

Dec 30, 2021
LG G Flex
LG V20
Hi there at the moment there sees to be issues with PixelExperience_taimen-13.0-20221120-0353-OFFICIAL.zip. Has anyone tested the plus version to make sure the build works correctly ( PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-13.0-20221119-1431-OFFICIAL.zip)? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Tejasloke

Jun 18, 2015
nashik
In latest Plus and normal both builds

mobile network (Jio4G) not showing signal after flashing magisk

and if TWRP is not flashed before magisk it bootloops

oroo708

Dec 16, 2010
Exact same problem here. Flashing a magisk-patched boot image will cause the bootloader to loop.

In addition, flashing the PixelExperience_taimen-13.0-20221120-0353-OFFICIAL.img also causes the bootloader to loop, fwiw. Had to reflash the last beta recovery image to restore the device.

@PixelBoot both "PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-13.0-20221119-1431-OFFICIAL.img" & "PixelExperience_taimen-13.0-20221120-0353-OFFICIAL.img" recovery images do not work!!!

Once I flash "PixelExperience_taimen-13.0-20221120-0353-OFFICIAL.zip" successfully though it boots into the new ROM fine, I am unable to reboot to recovery. After a good couple hours of troubleshooting... long story short, this ROM somehow corrupted the booting process somehow, the recoveries cannot be booted into. When you can, flashing Magisk will cause another bootloop. Going to 12L for the time being until this is resolved...

Latest PE Recovery bootloop, I even tried flashing factory image and reflash recovery, still bootloop until I tried beta recovery, and it works.. thank you

Az.intersetting

Nov 28, 2022
I have installed 13 plus version and I can't receive any calls. SMS works but message arrives delayed. Settings closes abruptly when I try to open SIM settings.

I am able to receive call after I restart the phone but can't receive calls afterwards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221127-200203_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20221127-200203_Pixel Launcher.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20221127-200016_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20221127-200016_Pixel Launcher.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Md Salman Faisal

Jul 11, 2014
Ranchi
@PixelBoot both "PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-13.0-20221119-1431-OFFICIAL.img" & "PixelExperience_taimen-13.0-20221120-0353-OFFICIAL.img" recovery images do not work!!!

Once I flash "PixelExperience_taimen-13.0-20221120-0353-OFFICIAL.zip" successfully though it boots into the new ROM fine, I am unable to reboot to recovery. After a good couple hours of troubleshooting... long story short, this ROM somehow corrupted the booting process somehow, the recoveries cannot be booted into. When you can, flashing Magisk will cause another bootloop. Going to 12L for the time being until this is r

Hi there at the moment there sees to be issues with PixelExperience_taimen-13.0-20221120-0353-OFFICIAL.zip. Has anyone tested the plus version to make sure the build works correctly ( PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-13.0-20221119-1431-OFFICIAL.zip)? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
So may issues are there in A13 and the plus version. The major issues are call and battery consumption

Psadim

Mar 5, 2015
I m using Android 13 stable version as my daily driver for 2 days and it is ultra smooth. no bugs with calls and anything. Only notifications are weird. Sometimes doesn't show up but it's maybe of android 13 restrictions.
I had 12 plus stable before it and I made the update via apply update from android 12 recovery as the instructions.
I m super happy with it. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there, Make sure you are connected to a USB 2.0 Port, If so try these steps.
    1. Download TWRP.
    2. Download PE recovery.
    3. Download Pixel Experience.
    4. Download the repartition script from the install instructions.
    5. Reboot into bootloader.
    6. fastboot flash boot_a [TWRP recovery path]
    7. fastboot flash boot_b [PE recovery path]
    8. fastboot --set-active=a
    9. fastboot reboot recovery
    TWRP should open. Click on Advanced, then on ADB Sideload. Swipe to start.

1. Plug your phone.
    2. Run on the PC adb sideload [Repartition ZIP path].
    3. Back in TWRP, go back, click Reboot, and Bootloader. Accept the warning.
    4. Run on PC fastboot --set-active=b
    5. On phone reboot to recovery mode
    PE recovery should open.

1. Run a factory reset from there.
    2. Go back.
    3. Apply update -> Apply from ADB.
    4. adb sideload [PE ZIP path]
    5. Run a factory reset.
    6. Reboot to system.
    Helped immensely!! I think the biggest thing was the 2.0 port though, soon as I plugged in a type c dongle w/ a 2.0 port on it we were in business. Did your method BUT probably would've worked just fine with the regular method after using 2.0 port. (DID NOT work with the in-box Pixel dongle for whatever reason, even though that is a 2.0 dongle. Had to use a little crappy type c multi port thing.)

@PixelBoot suggest a disclaimer in the install instructions about using a USB 2.0 port!
    Also noticing Google camera flaw - I will be using this as a backup phone so not a huge deal. Overall this is WILDLY smooth and breathes so much new life into the 2xl, thanks endlessly for your work.
    I haven't rooted in ages, how does one backup an apk these days?
    If you just want to creat an APK from an existing play store app that you already downloaded
    1. Downloaded "solid explorer" app
    2. Open solid explorer, and go to your applications folder
    3. Go to your user apps ( not system app)
    4. Find the app that you want to create an APK of , and long press on it, so you can click on the "copy" button on the bottom
    5. Paste to a folder that you want the APK created in.

That's it...you should now have an APK file of any Google play store app.

Hope that answers your question
    Weird for sure. Are you sure the app works on 13?
    Yes positive the app works on Android 13.

Also as a test I installed pixel dust ROM ( running Android 13) for pixel 2xl

And the td bank app works fine, no issues, hence there must be something in the pixel experience ROM preventing this app to work

It's not a major issue, but it would be nice to use the mobile banking app vs accessing it via web browser

Pixel experience ROM still rocks and amazing work!
    No matter what I try I cannot get Pixel Exp to work on my Pixel 2 XL. It either stops working at `adb sideload [repartition zip]` OR after rewriting the factory image when trying again, it cannot load into the recovery mode afer Step 4 on Second stage. I just forever loops into the Google logo page. I cannot get it to load into the PE recovery for the life of me. I dont know what to do.

Please help. For now I have reflashed the Pixel 2xl to the factory image: `8.0.0 (OPD1.170816.010, Sep 2017)`

Tak my response with a grain of salt, I also had a problem where no matter what I did pe recovery just would just freeze, I reflashed the latest stock imagine and Locked the bootloader and preformed a factory reset. From there I started from step 1 of unlocking the bootloader, If this doesn't work I don't really know what to tell you. maybe it's a hardware issue?
    Also need to make sure you're starting from latest available firmware for taimen. Try a USB 2.0 dongle or an older computer if you have one.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2 XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    man you're a legend.
    I had the same issue as fellow user @Bearzy_25 , and you solved it. Hats off!
    im in love with this community
    1. Download TWRP.
    2. Download PE recovery.

1. Plug your phone.
    PE recovery should open.

2. Go back.
    5. Run a factory reset.
    6. Reboot to system.
    man you're a legend.
    I had the same issue as fellow user @Bearzy_25 , and you solved it. Hats off!
    Hi everyone, I am helping a friend trying to install PE 13 on his pixel 2xl , but we re having issues with repartition, when we give the command there's no output on prompt and device just says "installing update" with no sign of success... Can anybody help us out?
    1. Download TWRP.
    2. Download PE recovery.

1. Plug your phone.
    PE recovery should open.

2. Go back.
    5. Run a factory reset.
    6. Reboot to system.