- Aug 23, 2018
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
- Audio (Record and Playback)
What's not working:
- VoLTE (Blame Samsung for that)
FOD working only on highest brightnessNow it's functional
- Camera HAL3 and 48MP back camera, this is due to Samsung's extension to camera HAL is not recognizable by AOSP (Again blame Samsung)
- Feel free to report any issues you may encounter with relevant logs
- Download the latest supported Lineage OS build
- Reboot to recovery
- Wipe data, system and cache/dalvik cache
- Flash the LineageOS zip
- (Optional) Flash arm64 gapps of your choice (NikGapps or BitGapps are recommended)
- Reboot to system and enjoy!
- GrassKernel is included with the ROM (See here)
- To use MTP as default, enable developer options and choose file transfer as default mode for usb configuration
- Only for A51 4G variant, 5G has different SoC therefore not supported
Feel free to join support telegram group here
Kernel source: Here