Development [ROM][13.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20.0 for Xiaomi MIX 4

Search This thread
Hey, flashed it yesterday. Here's what i noticed so far.

FW 13.0.8
NikGapps-full-arm64-12.1-20220908-signed
Magisk 25.2 + Universal SafetyNetFix 2.3.1

1) Some apps keep crashing on start, which they have never done before. Most of them are social-media-apps, but banking-apps and/or google Wallet are not effected. I can provide logs, if anyone can tell me how to do it.
2) Overheats more than before. I know overheating has always been an issue.

Apart from these mentioned above, it's great to use and for the eyes. Having FOD working is like having a new device. @Inkypen You should be King, not Charles. :):):)

Mrdream94

Mar 14, 2016
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Using as daily driver since 2 days and everything is good. I miss the double tap to lock screen in the launcher and pocket mode if it's possible. Would be the perfect rom. Thanks for the work, I think I'll donate in future <3

angeloamorato

Jun 9, 2016
This is 1st perfect rom I wish this rom will become official and miui stock cam become flashable to make this rom official.

Mrdream94

Mar 14, 2016
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
This is the best rom ever. I have like 50% more battery compared to other roms (MIUI too). Fluid and performance.

I only have one issue but it don't happens ever: when I'm going to unlock with fingerprint, the fingerprint icon stick on the screen. Sometimes the gestures stops working too randomly. I have to lock and unlock again to get it work again. Those are only minor issues. The rest is amazing.

Sorry for bad English

hjfisch

Jun 1, 2013
Really great ROM in this early state , but couldn'i it be possible to add
some more Fonts ?
Hoping that it will be official soon , because I would like it to use for more
than 2 years. Batterry life is amazing , much better than Xiaomi.eu Rom and on Top it is working perfect with the Nova Launcher.
B.t.w. Face unlock would be nice .

Last edited:

AsianPutin

Aug 29, 2022
is there a fix for the stereo speakers? once i flip the phone's orientation while landscape, the left and right audio doesnt switch and it has been bugging me a lot. or can i just have it mono while stereo while using a headset?

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
I've uploaded the first initial usable LOS 20 build. Consider it to be a stable beta as the Lineage developers are still working on adding features. Unfortunately ANX camera doesn't work on A13 so it's not included. Because of this issue I'll still be producing A12 builds until ANX is ported to A13.

I've added OTA support to LOS 20 and I will port this feature to the LOS 19.1 builds as well.

Get the new build here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/13/LineageOS/

I've uploaded the first initial usable LOS 20 build. Consider it to be a stable beta as the Lineage developers are still working on adding features. Unfortunately ANX camera doesn't work on A13 so it's not included. Because of this issue I'll still be producing A12 builds until ANX is ported to A13.

I've added OTA support to LOS 20 and I will port this feature to the LOS 19.1 builds as well.

Get the new build here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/13/LineageOS/
@Inkypen Thank you so much... you're the best. So, if ANX is (sadly) not included, there might be a chance, it will go "official"-status eventually, right?

Reactions: AskHarrissss

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
@Inkypen Thank you so much... you're the best. So, if ANX is (sadly) not included, there might be a chance, it will go "official"-status eventually, right?
Sorry to say that the chances of Lineage becoming official are exactly zero. The requirements to go official are unbelievably strict and very restrictive. For example, I wouldn't be allowed to patch the source code to make the ROM pass safetynet or I wouldn't be allowed to extract drivers/firmware from a Qualcomm dump if I needed to. I just don't have the time/energy to jump through their hoops. Besides, the only upside to official builds are OTA updates which I've added to my builds :)

I am currently working on getting stock MIUI Camera to function correctly on AOSP based ROMS as I have discovered that ANX depends on a framework called Frida that is not currently compatible with A13.

er453r

Jan 1, 2012
@AskHarrissss try setting the brightness at ~80% - it was discussed in this thread that this ROM allows for higher then factory brightness that makes the front camera more visible.

@Inkypen great work on the LOS20 branch! Is there any camera app you can recommend at that moment for it?

Honestly all I need is a working camera and voice match - so I am super fine with your LOS19 work. Thank you!

AskHarrissss

Sep 26, 2022
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
@AskHarrissss try setting the brightness at ~80% - it was discussed in this thread that this ROM allows for higher then factory brightness that makes the front camera more visible.

@Inkypen great work on the LOS20 branch! Is there any camera app you can recommend at that moment for it?

Honestly all I need is a working camera and voice match - so I am super fine with your LOS19 work. Thank you!
Ohhh thx dude. May i ask why 5g is set, but it only show LTE

santimaster2000

Dec 25, 2009
Buenos Aires
I only have one issue but it don't happens ever: when I'm going to unlock with fingerprint, the fingerprint icon stick on the screen.
I've also experienced this.

Sorry to say that the chances of Lineage becoming official are exactly zero. The requirements to go official are unbelievably strict and very restrictive. For example, I wouldn't be allowed to patch the source code to make the ROM pass safetynet or I wouldn't be allowed to extract drivers/firmware from a Qualcomm dump if I needed to. I just don't have the time/energy to jump through their hoops. Besides, the only upside to official builds are OTA updates which I've added to my builds :)

I am currently working on getting stock MIUI Camera to function correctly on AOSP based ROMS as I have discovered that ANX depends on a framework called Frida that is not currently compatible with A13.
Thanks for all your work and for taking the time to explain this things.

WiselyXIV

Aug 30, 2020
Hi, the rom is great but my only problem is that I can't seem to install Viper4ndroid drivers.
When installing them it reboots and show the no driver found loop.
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Dominic9811

Aug 25, 2014
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Hi, the rom is great but my only problem is that I can't seem to install Viper4ndroid drivers.
When installing them it reboots and show the no driver found loop.
Any ideas on how to solve this?
V4A is a very old dsp manager by now. I'd suggest using JamesDSP. It offers the same functionality and has less (i think none actually) issues with newer android versions. On my device it runs without any issue just don't forget to turn off AudioFX.

WiselyXIV

Aug 30, 2020
If anyone has the same problem regarding viper4android, I made it work randomely by installing JamesDSP at the same time as v4a.
Thanks for the suggestion.

hjfisch

Jun 1, 2013
Hello,
Do I need to format Data or is it possible to dirty flash from 19 to 20 .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is probably the same issue as with slow-mo - it is a known bug with this rom.

@Inkypen I have noticed something wrong with Media API (my educated guess) in LOS13 releases - this has NOT happened in LOS12. Sometimes (this seem random, but frequent) when I have media app like VLC opened with video - then switch to another app - I can't play any videos in the browser, or open the Camera app (can;t connect to camera). If I then close all the apps in the overview - it starts working again.
    In the latest November build i tried to recreate this. I installed VLC, played a video and switched between camera, YouTube app and YouTube in a browser. It all seems to be working fine, perhaps it was a bug in LOS source as no one has brought this up on any of the other ROMs. I'm uploading the new builds now, should be available a bit later today.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    Almost everything

Broken:
    You tell me :)

Downloads:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/13/LineageOS
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/12/LineageOS
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/11/LineageOS

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery
    Copy LineageOS zip to internal storage
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice
    Format data (wiping is not sufficient, formatting requires you to type "yes")
    Reboot

Important notes:
    GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Contributors
    Inkypen
    ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4
    Based On: AOSP
    New builds are up:
    • June security patch
    • Kernel upstreamed to 5.4.197 and latest lahaina CAF tag
    • LHDC Bluetooth codec added (untested as I don't have a BT device that supports this)
    • Some ANX tweaks (should start a little bit faster)
    Regarding the conversation about the visible camera hole at maximum brightness, that's a hardware limitation. You must have seen Xiaomi's promotional image of the pixel array above the front facing camera showing the smaller pixels allowing light to pass through to the image sensor. A smaller pixel will not be able to shine as brightly as a larger one hence the slightly darker view on max brightness. MIUI gets around this flaw by displaying a sun symbol over the camera hole at max brightness. On a couple of builds I tried limiting the max brightness by about 15% so this wasn't noticeable but I had a few people in sunny areas complain about the change, so I reverted back. If it bothers you just turn the brightness down a little bit.

Are there any plans to fix the widevine level from l3 to l1? I know that the China/eu Rom habe l1,so it should not be impossible to fix
    I've had L1 support since before I even released any builds. Download any media codec info app from play store and check for yourself.
    New build is out, fixes seedvault among other things. Check changelog here: https://github.com/Inkypen79/OTA/commit/15f3c51b1ca99eaea2c026a47a6d0a02d3f5f583

Turns out seedvault is a bug in Lineage, I used the main seedvault repo instead of the Lineage one and it's all working. This was fairly straight forward to fix but for future reference please, please, please provide build version and logs when giving a bug report.

@subject4 Thanks for your suggestion. Nikgapps is actually what I would personally recommend if someone needed a gapps package, but unfortunately it can only be flashed on top of an installed ROM and is not suitable to integrate into a build from source.
    New test build is up. It has a new version of minimal gapps installed and it also passes safetynet from clean flash without the need of root or any additional patches or modules. OK Google detection is now working with the screen switched off. Biggest change is a much improved ANX camera experience. There are no more crashes when using certain camera modes, the only thing not working is slow motion. I'm considering making ANX the default camera for all future builds (gapps and non gapps) and I would appreciate any feedback about this change.

Build is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...220426-UNOFFICIAL-gapps-anx-odin.zip/download