Development [ROM][14.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 21.0 for Xiaomi MIX 4

Search This thread
March update is out and pushed to OTA system. Google changed the camera API yet again for QPR2 but I worked around it and ANX is back. I also updated the firmware to MIUI 14.0.3.0

Check the updater app in System settings to get the update or download from sourceforge

I also updated TWRP and fixed fastbootd, so that is now working in case you have need of it.
thanks to you @Inkypen made a clean flash today... so far so good, camera is back on, which is kind of nice and even rooted, i can use GPay. but there two things i noticed.

1) I think the recent apps button fell out of use. It doesn't show any recent apps
2) When pull down the top-menu, the clock is a bit off.

Maybe it's just me, since i use NikGapps...

Edit: 2) Never mind that one anymore.

Last edited:
March update is out and pushed to OTA system. Google changed the camera API yet again for QPR2 but I worked around it and ANX is back. I also updated the firmware to MIUI 14.0.3.0

Check the updater app in System settings to get the update or download from sourceforge

I also updated TWRP and fixed fastbootd, so that is now working in case you have need of it.
Already installed it without any issue. Thank you, Inkypen!!

santimaster2000

Dec 25, 2009
Buenos Aires

First of all, thanks for the update, but QR scanner remains broken on Firefox, just to try and help troubleshooting this, it worked fine on LOS 19.

Inkypen

Aug 19, 2018
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Xiaomi Mi 5s
First of all, thanks for the update, but QR scanner remains broken on Firefox, just to try and help troubleshooting this, it worked fine on LOS 19.
Try installing a camera app from the Play store such as Open Camera (also available on F-Droid in case you're Google free) and see if your QR scanner works. If it does then there is probably some overlay somewhere that needs to be set. Either way, I don't use Firefox so please send logs.

Reactions: santimaster2000

santimaster2000

Dec 25, 2009
Buenos Aires
Try installing a camera app from the Play store such as Open Camera (also available on F-Droid in case you're Google free) and see if your QR scanner works. If it does then there is probably some overlay somewhere that needs to be set. Either way, I don't use Firefox so please send logs.
Sorry, this might sound dumb but, how am I supposed to scan a QR code using Open Camera ?

santimaster2000

Dec 25, 2009
Buenos Aires
Install Open Camera/Google Camera or some other camera app. Open Firefox and read a QR code. See if QR code scanning now works in Firefox. If it does work, send a log. If it doesn't work, send a log. 👍
Didn't work, here's the log:

Also, thanks, now I know how to make a log :)

pyonhere

Mar 29, 2023
Hello Inkypen, thanks for your ROM, but how can I open the calibration menu in the newest system? I have tried type *#*#6484#*#* in phone dialer but it doesn't work.
I asked this because I have my screen repaired and the fingerprint sensor seems to be disabled.

Last edited:

er453r

Jan 1, 2012
@Inkypen just wanted to let you that I have been using the latest release since day one and everything essential works without a problem. I use daily:
  • google pay
  • bluetooth
  • screen casting
  • anx camera
  • no battery drain :D
  • no media issues
Could not be happier! Thank you again for your hard work!

Reactions: Luigi_2

Thai Tran aof

Oct 27, 2017
When i flash Gapps package, my phone got a bug with incall volume, it's alway at max level when i receive or start a call.
I have tried to turn on/off the hearing aids option in call settings but the bug is still there.
Is there any solution for this, thanks

fares94400

Apr 8, 2015
When i flash Gapps package, my phone got a bug with incall volume, it's alway at max level when i receive or start a call.
I have tried to turn on/off the hearing aids option in call settings but the bug is still there.
Is there any solution for this, thanks
I have a similar issue except that the call volume appears to be at minimum but it's still loud.

The volume goes back to normal after pressing the "speaker" button a few times. ( This image is not mine btw, it's just to explain better)

5ea73dc95bd7a52a5d72c792.jpg

As if the speaker source is selected by default. but when you actually select the speaker source the button is encircled like this

5ea73dc95bd7a52a5d72c792.1.jpg

So I think it's like this : The volume is at minimum but is still loud BECAUSE it is the minimum volume of the speaker source even though you didn't turn on the speaker (the button is not encircled)

Sorry I'm very bad with english but I hope it got through. I'm running the latest LOS 19 GAPPS build. I didn't update to LOS20 yet because I don't like android 13.

fares94400

Apr 8, 2015
Sorry for the double post. I decided to stop being stubborn and finally installed LOS20, I no longer have issue with call volume but now my phone keeps rebooting randomly. This never happened to me when I was on LOS19.

Please take a look.

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    529.5 KB · Views: 3

botwinka

Jul 6, 2023
I have a test version of the kernel which will hopefully solve the random freezes when using multimedia apps.
You need to reboot into bootloader mode to use this.

Use this command to temporarily run the kernel (will be lost on reboot)
fastboot boot boot.img
Use these commands to permanently install the kernel (Custom recovery and/or root will need to be reinstalled)
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot reboot

Download it here:

There also appears to be some issue with ANX crashing after taking a photo but other photo apps aren't affected. I'm investigating it at the moment, hopefully I figure it out quickly :)
after doing that and installing twrp windows no longer recognizes my phone in adb
Windows Device Manager reports unknown USB Device (set address failed.)

edit: it works on old intel laptop. The system I was previously trying it on has amd cpu

Last edited:
after doing that and installing twrp windows no longer recognizes my phone in adb
Windows Device Manager reports unknown USB Device (set address failed.)

edit: it works on old intel laptop. The system I was previously trying it on has amd cpu
It's just a wild guess, but have you tried to change the driver to "Android Composite Device"? I've been using AMD for years now and i never had any problems with Android and AMD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    Almost everything

Broken:
    You tell me :)

Downloads:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/14/LineageOS
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-odin/files/13/LineageOS

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery
    Copy LineageOS zip to internal storage
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice
    Format data (wiping is not sufficient, formatting requires you to type "yes")
    Reboot

Important notes:
    GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Contributors
    Inkypen
    ROM OS Version: Android 14
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4
    Based On: AOSP
    New builds are up:
    • June security patch
    • Kernel upstreamed to 5.4.197 and latest lahaina CAF tag
    • LHDC Bluetooth codec added (untested as I don't have a BT device that supports this)
    • Some ANX tweaks (should start a little bit faster)
    Regarding the conversation about the visible camera hole at maximum brightness, that's a hardware limitation. You must have seen Xiaomi's promotional image of the pixel array above the front facing camera showing the smaller pixels allowing light to pass through to the image sensor. A smaller pixel will not be able to shine as brightly as a larger one hence the slightly darker view on max brightness. MIUI gets around this flaw by displaying a sun symbol over the camera hole at max brightness. On a couple of builds I tried limiting the max brightness by about 15% so this wasn't noticeable but I had a few people in sunny areas complain about the change, so I reverted back. If it bothers you just turn the brightness down a little bit.

Are there any plans to fix the widevine level from l3 to l1? I know that the China/eu Rom habe l1,so it should not be impossible to fix
    I've had L1 support since before I even released any builds. Download any media codec info app from play store and check for yourself.
    New build is out, fixes seedvault among other things. Check changelog here: https://github.com/Inkypen79/OTA/commit/15f3c51b1ca99eaea2c026a47a6d0a02d3f5f583

Turns out seedvault is a bug in Lineage, I used the main seedvault repo instead of the Lineage one and it's all working. This was fairly straight forward to fix but for future reference please, please, please provide build version and logs when giving a bug report.

@subject4 Thanks for your suggestion. Nikgapps is actually what I would personally recommend if someone needed a gapps package, but unfortunately it can only be flashed on top of an installed ROM and is not suitable to integrate into a build from source.
    New test build is up. It has a new version of minimal gapps installed and it also passes safetynet from clean flash without the need of root or any additional patches or modules. OK Google detection is now working with the screen switched off. Biggest change is a much improved ANX camera experience. There are no more crashes when using certain camera modes, the only thing not working is slow motion. I'm considering making ANX the default camera for all future builds (gapps and non gapps) and I would appreciate any feedback about this change.

Build is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...220426-UNOFFICIAL-gapps-anx-odin.zip/download
    Got another beta build for you to try with quite a few fixes/additions:

• Safetynet issues are due to some changes Google did to their safetynet servers, this is now patched.
    • Fingerprint sensor not reacting unless you move your finger slightly is fixed
    • Lockscreen charging info added (was in last beta but I like the feature lol)
    • Github user KawaiiZapic was kind enough to have a look at the java code for the camera hole and has adjusted it so hopefully no more issues switching portrait/landscape modes
    • Updated Qualcomm SOC system blobs to newer versions (LA.QSSI.13.0.r1-09000-qssi.0)
    • Mark Akash ported Qualcomm's framework boost to AOSP, I've made the adjustments to enable this in Lineage (there is now a performance mode available in battery settings)
    Also thanks to @Kingzak34 who managed to get me a log of the random media freezes, this is not an isolated problem and some devs I know have the same issue on their Xiaomi lahaina devices. Hopefully a fix can be found soon.