Development [ROM][13.0][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience for Xiaomi MIX 4

Search This thread

hjfisch

Jun 1, 2013
Pixel Experience 13 is now out of beta and Plus edition has been released. Download links in the first post have been updated and the recovery links in the second post have been updated to versions that can read A12+ encryption scheme. For those that downloaded the beta edition it's possible to dirty flash the plus edition.

Bug with crashing Camera sometimes is back.

robined

Jan 13, 2021
sorry if this is a stupid question, I want to come over here from xiaomi.eu and have been having trouble updating there. I get an error: "xiaomi assert failed update_dynamic_partitions" after trying to flash a rom and then formatting data. Do I need to first reset the phone in the settings of xioami.eu rom and then flash pixelexperience or do I need to flash the official miui rom first and then format data and then install pixeleperience? Thanks for all the work!

AskHarrissss

Sep 26, 2022
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
sorry if this is a stupid question, I want to come over here from xiaomi.eu and have been having trouble updating there. I get an error: "xiaomi assert failed update_dynamic_partitions" after trying to flash a rom and then formatting data. Do I need to first reset the phone in the settings of xioami.eu rom and then flash pixelexperience or do I need to flash the official miui rom first and then format data and then install pixeleperience? Thanks for all the work!
I tried resetting the phone in REC and then flashing the ROM package

robined

Jan 13, 2021
Thanks for this - at first sight it works much much better than the xiaomi.eu weekly - really really happy! Now just looking for a way to get my vertical app switcher back :)

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

robined

Jan 13, 2021
Edit: However - the phone reboots after a few minutes on a wireless charger in a car. I thought it might be android auto but this requires a bit more testing to rule this out. It's not waze at any rate. The phone reboots after some time in a car. It's not the wireless charger, or waze, or android auto, or bluetooth.

It also gave an error camera not working when trying to use a camera in an external app (eg firefox and google translate) but I solved this by installing gcam (google camera)

Firefox keeps crashing and is pretty much unusable. Edit: Brave crashes often as well

Edit: I can't get Google Translate to translate texts

Edit: The camera app often won't open

Any help is much appreciated, as long as I am not near a wireless charger this is a vast improvement on xiaomi.eu for stability!

Last edited:

NULLOBANDITO

Jul 20, 2018
Hey, I'm having some issues with battery drain and battery usage tracking, anyone know what it could be?
Screenshot_20221130-110133_Settings.png

NULLOBANDITO

Jul 20, 2018
Hey quick question, is it possible to add MHL support to the MIX 4 or is that a hardware limitation?

EDIT: I'm mainly asking because USB-C to HDMI adapters don't seem to be working.

Last edited:

dermk4

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MIX 4 [odin]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Downloads available here

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Thank you Dev, you turned the MIX 4 a worthy PIXEL alternative! Appreciate the hard work!

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

Downloads available here

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Thank you Dev, you turned the MIX 4 a worthy PIXEL alternative! Appreciate the hard work!

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

Downloads available here

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

I haven't been active on XDA recently thanks to IRL stuff, but I have been doing some ROM work in the background. A new build is up with some fixes and improvements

• August security patch (Build ID is for July but August patch is merged)
    • Kernel updated to 5.4.210
    • Distorted audio in VoIP apps fixed
    • Expanded refresh rate settings (60hz, 90hz, 120hz min/max rates are selectable)
    • Auto refresh rate switching disabled below 35% brightness (should stop noticeable gamma shift at low brightness)
    • New option to enable/disable 120w fast charge in battery settings (on by default)
    • Extended charging info on lockscreen (amperage, wattage, voltage, not a standard PE feature, added by me)

I've also got an updated OrangeFox build that can decrypt Android 12 ROMs available here (flashable zip):
    I found a way to get screen off fingerprint to work without turning off deep sleep. Here is a test build, if the feedback is good I'll add this permanently.
    New builds are up. Download

Changelog:
    • Kernel version 5.4.203
    • July security patch
    • Fixed Wifi Display
    • Fixed physical screen size properties (this caused tiiny images in apps like reddit)
    • Fixed Netflix not detecting widevine L1 correctly
    • Added high touch poll rate for you gamers out there ;)
    • Enabled multi threaded render engine (improves UI smoothness)
    • Enabled some power saving tweaks for Wifi/Bluetooth
    • Some other minor tweaks and improvements

Also got an updated TWRP A12 build for you here: Download
    • Touchscreen now works properly on MIUI based ROMs
    • TWRP settings are now saved properly and are persistent across reboots
    • TWRP settings are now saved in /data/recovery rather than /sdcard/.twrps (some apps look for the .twrps folder and then declare your device is rooted even if it isn't)
    {Mod edit: Quoted post deleted}
    I literally just posted an update and then you ask for an update as well as spam just about every thread with this absurd request. Congrats, you're now on my ignore list and I won't see any of your future posts (y)