[ROM]-[13/03/10- 14:48 GMT] VillainROM 3.4! (HTC Sense - Android 2.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xrrkrrkx

Jan 15, 2008
Stockholm
no random reboots since i wiped my phone and installed villian 3.4

once in a while i do come across random apps that cracky dev's put on the market that cause random reboots.... have you tried to eliminate your apps as a cause?

srochdi

Feb 17, 2010
E-mail doesn't work

Hi everyone,

I've just installed the VillainROM3.4 and I think the email app doesn't woek. Is it a known bug in this version, or I'm the only one who has it??

If ther is any idea, plz anwser me !

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Hi everyone,

I've just installed the VillainROM3.4 and I think the email app doesn't woek. Is it a known bug in this version, or I'm the only one who has it??

If ther is any idea, plz anwser me !

If you're talking about Exchange sync, go to the wiki and download the fix for this.

jUsT2eXy

Mar 17, 2010
Im switching from BeHero now.. i really hope that Villain is better, because i have high expectations after BeHero ;)

Hi there. How did the process go? Are you noticing any differences?

I too am using BeHero and it is simply faultless. (Apart from Battery drain..but all leaked 2.1 suffer from this)..

Is there any point in me changing from the BeHero to Villain Rom?

What are the major differences.

Also why are you not using this ROM (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649155) as it is newer than this ?

many thanks.

Last edited:

boruko

Feb 26, 2010
total noob.. hoping i didnt brick the phone.

hey ya'll i'm a very new beginner at this. i managed to root my phone and install fresh 1.1... i was reading through this thread and thought that i would like to try the new mod. i didnt wipe fresh from the phone and just pushed this mod onto my phone and rebooted. it went to the htc screen and stayed there, i left it like that for about an hour and now it won't turn on at all... i'm hoping this doesnt mean it's bricked.. any help would be useful.
thanks
b

EDIT - ok, so i own a CMDA Hero and i just flashed a GSM ROM onto my phone. might anyone have an idea on how to flash a CMDA radio? any help would be much appreciated.
thank you again =]
b

Last edited:

Tatsu99

Jan 30, 2010
Ok so there is something fishy going on on my phone...

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  120): Process com.htc.WeatherWallpaper (pid 17339) has died.
I/ActivityManager(  120): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.timsu.astrid/.activities.TaskList (has extras) }
D/FlurryAgent( 2681): Starting new session
D/ViewFlipper( 2681): updateRunning() mVisible=true, mStarted=false, mUserPresent=true, mRunning=false
D/NetworkLocationProvider(  120): addListener(): com.timsu.astrid
D/NetworkLocationProvider(  120): setMinTime: 0
D/NetworkLocationProvider(  120): enableLocationTracking(): true
D/FlurryAgent( 2681): Sending report to: http://data.flurry.com/aar.do
D/FlurryAgent( 2681): Ending session

it seems that this flurry agend is sending info, that's not good I believe, anyone know about this? It could be some apps that I installed, but how can one know what app?!

Update:
It seems confirmed that Astrid does that... darn I liked that app... any suggestion for a valid alternative?

Last edited:

Qwertyip

Feb 28, 2010
Hey, im using 3.4 and was wondering if anyone has got MMS to work?

Im using the settings from hxxp://androidbloke.co.uk/orange-uk-apn-and-network-settings/

But my phone just keeps saying download failed. I've also put these ssettings into mmszap .. and also turned off my wifi.

Is there anything else? I need thse pictures :(

armada78

Mar 25, 2010
a noob question

Hey all. Is it possible to use this rom for Htc magic 32a? if not, could u recommend me a rom to upgrade my phone to Android 2.1?

tomfreay

Sep 5, 2008
Ok so there is something fishy going on on my phone...

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  120): Process com.htc.WeatherWallpaper (pid 17339) has died.
I/ActivityManager(  120): Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.timsu.astrid/.activities.TaskList (has extras) }
D/FlurryAgent( 2681): Starting new session
D/ViewFlipper( 2681): updateRunning() mVisible=true, mStarted=false, mUserPresent=true, mRunning=false
D/NetworkLocationProvider(  120): addListener(): com.timsu.astrid
D/NetworkLocationProvider(  120): setMinTime: 0
D/NetworkLocationProvider(  120): enableLocationTracking(): true
D/FlurryAgent( 2681): Sending report to: http://data.flurry.com/aar.do
D/FlurryAgent( 2681): Ending session

it seems that this flurry agend is sending info, that's not good I believe, anyone know about this? It could be some apps that I installed, but how can one know what app?!

Update:
It seems confirmed that Astrid does that... darn I liked that app... any suggestion for a valid alternative?

There is nothing fishy about flurry, its just used by developers to help support an app. The most useful of which is it allows the dev to view FC's without the user having to contact them, it doesn't tell the dev anything about you so there is nothing to worry about! I'm starting to use it myself

wooky321

Apr 18, 2009
No 3g signal

I havent tried the official rom as i flashed the phone straight away but i am assuming its not the phone. I can connect to GPRS and check my usage and use a few mobile websites (on the 3 network) tried a few APN's and still no luck getting connectivity with 3g or H i get the icons so it looks like i have it but cannot connect to anything i.e. facebook, sync email. On latest radio as i updated. Any ideas? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So Nathan how did you get voice dialer to work? It seems to do nothing for me

Edit: it seems to pick up some things and not others.

Is there anyway to get this app to run by pressing a shortcut? or by pressing the button on my BT headset?
    Wait and see mate... ;)

Give a man 4 hours on a rom... and see what he can do.

You always have something up your sleeve. Lol cant wait to check it out