• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]13/06 - RomAur S3 v1.4.1 - XXALF2 | TWEAKS | BATTERY LIFE | ONLINE |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nitroz

Jan 13, 2011
Wakefield
nitroz.org
Lol

You know what's cool? Superfluous writes to a filesystem with a finite number of writes on it!
emot-thumbsup.gif

emot-shepicide.gif

OMGEE! How cool is that :)

But I have to agree, the OP isn't doing himself any favors with this, he needs to stick to the GPL rules AND explain why everyone needs wipe data/cache/dalvik 3 times when everyone knows, when you wipe once, you're done. (That can be acceptable in most things ;))

Nice to see you see you here Hacre. :)

sstanton86

Oct 6, 2011
Oxford
I wouldn't normally write this in fear of spamming. But what you've written Hacre has absolutely had me in stitches - banter ! :D

I think I was the first person to question the tweaks. As I am and was curious what these battery tweak are!

auras76

Oct 26, 2009
Madrid
auras76 - these are very important questions which need to be answered. Proper development implies that you inform those who are taking a chance (and yes - they do so themselves and accept the risk) by using something from someone who doesn't have a reputation yet and mostly repackages stock ROMS with other's tweaks and such.

You owe it to yourself to be completely open and forthcoming with your information if you want to be taken seriously and help contribute to XDA with proper development, not kitchen-ed work that you can't answer these simple questions because you don't know. Which, by the way, "I don't know" is an acceptable answer which shows that you acknowledge you don't know and might even be willing to learn. But, ignoring these questions tells those of us who do know what is going on that you don't know and aren't willing to admit it and prefer to come back with things like "why should I tell you" and "ok" and such.

I respect your work for community ,and I think most people who are posting roms if not contribute with nothing to comunity.No one was born a developer , this is learned and many hours researching.If I offended anyone, sorry.

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
May 17, 2007
Gallifrey
I respect your work for community ,and I think most people who are posting roms if not contribute with nothing to comunity.No one was born a developer , this is learned and many hours researching.If I offended anyone, sorry.

i will post all my tweaks for this rom with explanation

This is the correct response - now make it so. I highly encourage you to remove the multiple wipes, especially since that's going to degrade the memory over time. Once is fine (I rarely wipe data though) - but you've listed 4 times.

Hacre

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 29, 2010
Northwich
-Zpaling - Zipaling apps on every boot , this make the phone to boot faster and better ram usage.
–Mount system with noauto for better apps loading.
-Remove dalvik-cache on every boot (rm-r).

emot-stare.gif
What the hell...

So zipalign every time you boot to make it boot faster, then delete the dalvik cache every boot which makes the process three times as long because it has to regenerate the dalvik cache? This is utterly, utterly, UTTERLY UTTERLY STUPID. To get a proper idea of how stupid that is, view that red text on a 40" television screen for accurate emphasis.

"noauto" means "don't automount" when using mount -a on a normal Linux system. mount -a is never run on Android, there is no /etc/fstab for mount -a to read AND /SYSTEM IS AUTOMATICALLY MOUNTED ANYWAY. It does not "better apps loading"
emot-wtc.gif

-vm.swappiness=0 - We don't swap

There's no swap partition you idiot, this does NOTHING.

I think you're the dumbest person that's ever posted on these forums.

Last edited:

Hacre

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 29, 2010
Northwich
I think there is no reason to use those words!!! Insults to s.o. will not help on - for sure!!!

Oh no, the care crew signal went off because someone on the internet may have been offended.

What he's doing is dumb and stupid. He's been particularly difficult when asked to put his "work" up for scrutiny and when he finally did, a massive amount of what he's done is dumb and stupid.

Should I praise him for wiping dalvik EACH AND EVERY TIME THE PHONE BOOTS? For negatively impacting the end user experience? For shortening the life of the storage on the phone because it has to rewrite lots of small files every time the phone has to boot?

Reactions: Woschdi

Woschdi

Mar 2, 2012
Oh no, the care crew signal went off because someone on the internet may have been offended.

What he's doing is dumb and stupid. He's been particularly difficult when asked to put his "work" up for scrutiny and when he finally did, a massive amount of what he's done is dumb and stupid.

Should I praise him for wiping dalvik EACH AND EVERY TIME THE PHONE BOOTS? For negatively impacting the end user experience? For shortening the life of the storage on the phone because it has to rewrite lots of small files every time the phone has to boot?

You don´t have, for sure :D - I just criticized, the way you wrote ;)

I don´t think, that words like idiot or other offences should be here!! It is a public forum and everybody (even not registered persons) is able to read these threads - it is just not nice and looks bad!

No harm ment ;) - just my thoughts :D

Reactions: marck1991

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
First there was the old "wipe 3 times" nonsense

Then it was unprovable showman claims of better performance

Next mounting with noauto improves performance...

Then clearing Dalvik on every boot to make it faster...

And throughout, no attempt to comply with the GPL.

Xda is a tolerant site, but there is a limit what you can get away with, and claim to develop in any way. This just took the line and ran with it. Thread closed due to being 100% placebo, false claims, gpl violation, and generally doing things regarded by anyone experienced in the field as being stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Links removed as this rom needlessly wipes Dalvik every boot for no reasonIZE]

- About Rom

- Based on STOCK I9300XXALF2 4.0.4

- Kernel - XXALF2
    - Multi Language
    - Very fast
    - Ext4 tweak
    - Kernel tweak
    - Network and internet tweak
    - Battery tweak
    - I/O sdcard (3072)
    - RAM optimizations
    - GPU Acceleration
    - Wifi tweak
    - Dalvik to cache tweak
    - Zipaligned with sdk r19
    - Unsecured boot.img
    - Data app enabled
    - Busybox 1.20.0
    - Init.d busybox run-parts
    - Tweaked build.prop
    - SQLlite3
    - Zipaligns apk's at boot
    - Bravia engine
    - Call recording - thanks to wanam
    - 4-Way Reboot Menu - thanks to walhalla
    - And more

Download :

- RomAur S3 V1.4.1 :

ANOTHER LINK OR TORRENT YOU ARE WELCOME

- HOW TO INSTALL THIS ROM :

1- Root your device - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238
    2 - Copy rom to sdcard
    3 - Restart in recovery
    4 - Make full wipe
    5 - Make sure to do a Factory Reset / Wipe data / system/cache before installing ROM
    6 - Install rom
    7 - Enjoy

[/CENTER]

- Changelog

HTML:
     Update 12/06: v1.4 : 

- Based on EUROPE XXALF2 - 05-06-2012
    - kernel XXALF2
    - Modem XXLF2
    - Recovery updated to 5.5-1.4 - thanks to chainfire
    - Call recording - thanks to wanam
    - Cwm manager updated to 3.60
    - 4-Way Reboot Menu - thanks to walhalla
    - SMemo working - thanks to alex charles
    - New files bravia engine
    - Another small changes

Update 13/06: v1.4.1 : 

- Fixed bluetooth
    - Removed beats audio and added dsp manager
    - Statusbar , battery circle percent blue ics
    - Camera mod updated to 1.35 -thanks to hiperx
    - Very stable and fast build
    - And other minor fixes
    First there was the old "wipe 3 times" nonsense

Then it was unprovable showman claims of better performance

Next mounting with noauto improves performance...

Then clearing Dalvik on every boot to make it faster...

And throughout, no attempt to comply with the GPL.

Xda is a tolerant site, but there is a limit what you can get away with, and claim to develop in any way. This just took the line and ran with it. Thread closed due to being 100% placebo, false claims, gpl violation, and generally doing things regarded by anyone experienced in the field as being stupid.
    hi guys,
    I leech 1 file from my real-debrid acc, plz let me know if this works for you

http://s19.real-debrid.com/dl/64d433f4t2133343642272/RomAur_S3_v1.3.zip
    -Zpaling - Zipaling apps on every boot , this make the phone to boot faster and better ram usage.
    –Mount system with noauto for better apps loading.
    -Remove dalvik-cache on every boot (rm-r).

emot-stare.gif
    What the hell...

So zipalign every time you boot to make it boot faster, then delete the dalvik cache every boot which makes the process three times as long because it has to regenerate the dalvik cache? This is utterly, utterly, UTTERLY UTTERLY STUPID. To get a proper idea of how stupid that is, view that red text on a 40" television screen for accurate emphasis.

"noauto" means "don't automount" when using mount -a on a normal Linux system. mount -a is never run on Android, there is no /etc/fstab for mount -a to read AND /SYSTEM IS AUTOMATICALLY MOUNTED ANYWAY. It does not "better apps loading"
    emot-wtc.gif

-vm.swappiness=0 - We don't swap

There's no swap partition you idiot, this does NOTHING.

I think you're the dumbest person that's ever posted on these forums.