Development [CLOSED] [ROM][14.0_r25][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 8.3 [03/04/2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kodabmx

Dec 28, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ok. So after a few years of running Samsung phones with stock ROM (didn't want to blow the e-fuse and F*** knox), I smashed it (fold 3) into many pieces because it pissed me off one final time.

Now I'm using a Pixel 7 Pro.
With the stock ROM, I had several apps that just didn't work. Smart Life would take 2 minutes to load if it ever did, SofaBaton app for a remote would only load on the first run, then you had to wipe the cache and data for the app to get it to work again.
Chromecast didn't work on the stock ROM while trying to pair with a Nvidia Shield Pro.
This and many other little quirks were bothering me so I installed this ROM.
All those things work now. Battery life was kinda crap until I found out that this ROM keeps the data connection alive while using WI-FI by default. Turned it off in Dev settings, and now the ROM has great battery life.
I even got Magisk and LSPosed installed with working Google Pay and banking apps.
I'm not using WI-FI calling (what the hell for? I live in a city with excellent cell coverage) so I couldn't tell you if that works.
I particularly like the slider control for animations in dev settings. 0.1x scaling makes the phone fast without totally getting rid of the anims.
OH and the damned fingerprint scanner actually WORKS with this ROM.
With the stock ROM, I found myself having to lick my finger and wipe it off before it would recognize it.

ADB is kind of a pain in the butt sometimes (it'll take a few minutes after booting to "see" the device using a USB cable, but wireless ADB works right away if you want to screw with pairing codes.

I flashed it using Manjaro GNOME (Linux).

A question for the devs: Will there be support for video over the USB connection or is that a HW limitation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shihabus Sakib Rad

vkass

Jan 8, 2011
OnePlus 6
Ok. So after a few years of running Samsung phones with stock ROM (didn't want to blow the e-fuse and F*** knox), I smashed it (fold 3) into many pieces because it pissed me off one final time.

Now I'm using a Pixel 7 Pro.
With the stock ROM, I had several apps that just didn't work. Smart Life would take 2 minutes to load if it ever did, SofaBaton app for a remote would only load on the first run, then you had to wipe the cache and data for the app to get it to work again.
Chromecast didn't work on the stock ROM while trying to pair with a Nvidia Shield Pro.
This and many other little quirks were bothering me so I installed this ROM.
All those things work now. Battery life was kinda crap until I found out that this ROM keeps the data connection alive while using WI-FI by default. Turned it off in Dev settings, and now the ROM has great battery life.
I even got Magisk and LSPosed installed with working Google Pay and banking apps.
I'm not using WI-FI calling (what the hell for? I live in a city with excellent cell coverage) so I couldn't tell you if that works.
I particularly like the slider control for animations in dev settings. 0.1x scaling makes the phone fast without totally getting rid of the anims.
OH and the damned fingerprint scanner actually WORKS with this ROM.
With the stock ROM, I found myself having to lick my finger and wipe it off before it would recognize it.

ADB is kind of a pain in the butt sometimes (it'll take a few minutes after booting to "see" the device using a USB cable, but wireless ADB works right away if you want to screw with pairing codes.

I flashed it using Manjaro GNOME (Linux).

A question for the devs: Will there be support for video over the USB connection or is that a HW limitation?
Adb shell
settings put global window_animation_scale 0.1
settings put global transition_animation_scale 0.1
settings put global animator_duration_scale 0.1

Reactions: kodabmx

MultiCulti

Not a bug, intended behavior.
hoi, i just tried on other phone again to be sure 😅

on stock and also with different pixel launcher it is like this if i turn off (pause) the workspace!

Screenshot_20230203-075200_Lawnchair.png

So there no apps visible!

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
hoi, i just tried on other phone again to be sure 😅

on stock and also with different pixel launcher it is like this if i turn off (pause) the workspace!

View attachment 5826627

So there no apps visible!
Keywords:
> Stock
> Pixel launcher

Evo:
> Not stock
> Doesn't use pixel launcher
> intended behavior

Not quite sure the point you're trying to make, they're different launchers and ROMs. Saying something is a bug just because it behaves slightly different yet retains the same underlying functionality is inaccurate.

Last edited:

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011
I'm trying to install the rom but still at 0% after 10 minutes, how can I stop the process? Thanks
I had the same issue over and over again. Eventually it worked but I think it was just luck. I flashed stock January to both slots, wiping data then followed instructions for this ROM till it worked. If it got stuck (usually at 6%) I would cancel the side load command, reboot my phone to recovery, wipe again then attempt install.

Bestiole222

Aug 24, 2016
I had the same issue over and over again. Eventually it worked but I think it was just luck. I flashed stock January to both slots, wiping data then followed instructions for this ROM till it worked. If it got stuck (usually at 6%) I would cancel the side load command, reboot my phone to recovery, wipe again then attempt install.
I can't remember how to stop the adb command line so I do a alt+F4, the second time the installation was ok but I did a dirty flash coming from unofficial evo, and this brought me to bootloop. So I had to stop the phone, went back to recovery and wipe data. After that the phone booted, but I had to install all my app again.

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for the ROM.

Bug description: when using a shortcut (nova launcher widget or 3rd party app to lock / via the accessibility + device admin functions) to lock the device (which is IMO the most elegant and convenient way to do so) the screen does not turn off, it first shows the lockscreen for a second and then turns off. Feels like some annoying flickering every time locking. Other ROMs (Graphene OS, Statix OS, Stock ROM) don't do this.

How to reproduce: use shortcut to lock screen of Pixel 7

Logcat: s.a.

Screenshots: not needed

.:.

EDIT: to get rid of the effect I activated the old school CRT-off animation

Attachments

• 2023-02-05_01.02.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
Do you guys flash using a proper data cable? Some time ago I was using a not that good cable for sideloading ROMs on my Pixel 6 and it got stuck again and again until I used the original cable. By now I got me a high quality pretty long cable and all works. Seems like the newer Pixels in combination with some USB hubs/controllers don't like every cable.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks for the ROM.

Bug description: when using a shortcut (nova launcher widget or 3rd party app to lock / via the accessibility + device admin functions) to lock the device (which is IMO the most elegant and convenient way to do so) the screen does not turn off, it first shows the lockscreen for a second and then turns off. Feels like some annoying flickering every time locking. Other ROMs (Graphene OS, Statix OS, Stock ROM) don't do this.

How to reproduce: use shortcut to lock screen of Pixel 7

Logcat: s.a.

Screenshots: not needed

I'll look into this. Thanks for following post #3 by providing logs and an accurate description of the issue.

Last edited:

Bestiole222

Aug 24, 2016
Do you guys flash using a proper data cable? Some time ago I was using a not that good cable for sideloading ROMs on my Pixel 6 and it got stuck again and again until I used the original cable. By now I got me a high quality pretty long cable and all works. Seems like the newer Pixels in combination with some USB hubs/controllers don't like every cable.
Yes I use the original cable, I install unofficial and official evol with sideload command, and I had to do the install twice for the two roms. Don't know why.

manban10

Nov 9, 2015
Thank you for the rom. It's so smooth and everything just works. Battery life has been great, better than the stock rom. I haven't had any issues so far and it's been a week. I will update if I find anything wrong.

Crazyiain

May 16, 2019
Amazing ROM running perfect on my pixel 7 pro thank you to everyone.

Any help i followed the steps to patch the .img boot for magisk everything installed but magisk is still showing installed N/A
Do I need to download the original firmware boot?.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts