Development [CLOSED] [ROM][14.0_r25][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 8.3 [03/04/2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dmbardal

I've had the same issues as several here, but on the newest build.

- Bluetooth does not work until i turn airplanemode on/off.

These two big issues:
- Screen won't rotate at all
- Auto-brightness does not work

(can anyone confirm this? Will try a reflash later tonight.)

Edit: I just realized I dont even have working sound at all
This must be some error that a reflash will fix.
Will update.

Edit2: A reflash did it. No idea what happened.

Last edited:

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
@AnierinB
Is source code broken or am I misssing something?

Code:
FAILED:
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.0-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
arm64) missing libGLES_mali (SHARED_LIBRARIES android-arm64)"
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real proble
ms until later in the build.
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.1-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
You can set ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true in your environment if this is intentional, but that may defer real proble
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.2-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.3-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
build/make/core/main.mk:1120: error: exiting from previous errors.
06:18:02 ckati failed with: exit status 1

chxei

Jun 26, 2015
tbilisi
Is anyone experiencing missing quick settings options? I had battery percentage and increased row count number but they are gone. I did OTA upgrade. Can someone with a clean flash confirm their non/existence?

Schnedi

Oct 27, 2011
@AnierinB

Code:
FAILED:
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.0-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.1-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.2-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
external/android-nn-driver/Android.mk: error: "android.hardware.neuralnetworks@1.3-service-armnn (EXECUTABLES android-
Need this commit

Schnedi

Oct 27, 2011
Is anyone experiencing missing quick settings options? I had battery percentage and increased row count number but they are gone. I did OTA upgrade. Can someone with a clean flash confirm their non/existence?
March update was huge, some code need to be re-written, those options have been removed for now

Reactions: chxei

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Need this commit

Got past previous error but now I have

Code:
hardware/google/graphics/common/libhwc2.1/libdrmresource/drm/drmeventlistener.cpp:21:10: fatal error
: 'drm/samsung_drm.h' file not found
#include <drm/samsung_drm.h>

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
March update was huge, some code need to be re-written, those options have been removed for now

And this is why I prefer to build myself. I can add things like battery percentage back...

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
@AnierinB

Code:
FAILED:
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="thomas.raines, post: 88360289, member: 4145127"]
You synced the wrong branch of our manifest. You need to sync tiramisu-pixel, not base tiramisu. There are reasons other than this specific error as well, so even if you manually solved it, then you will still encounter other issues in the resulting build if you do not compile using tiramisu-pixel.
Got past previous error but now I have

Code:
hardware/google/graphics/common/libhwc2.1/libdrmresource/drm/drmeventlistener.cpp:21:10: fatal error
: 'drm/samsung_drm.h' file not found
#include <drm/samsung_drm.h>
sudo apt-get install libdrm-dev

Last edited:
Reactions: kkjb

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
Is anybody able to link me the steps I should take before flashing this ROM? I have not updated my pixel since buying in early November. It's Rooted and bl unlocked...

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Is anybody able to link me the steps I should take before flashing this ROM? I have not updated my pixel since buying in early November. It's Rooted and bl unlocked...
Did you réad the Installation instructions in the OP (post #1).

VvzRh0K.png

Please note that the Required March firmware images are shipped/flashed with these builds!

First Time Install
  1. Download vendor_boot & rom for your device from here
  2. Reboot to bootloader
  3. fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
  4. While in recovery navigate to Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset and confim to format the device.
  5. When done formatting, go back to the main menu and then navigate to Apply update -> Apply from ADB
  6. adb sideload rom.zip (replace "rom" with actual filename)
  7. (optional). Reboot to recovery to sideload any add-ons (e.g magisk). DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED.
  8. Reboot to system & #KeepEvolving
Update
  1. Reboot to recovery
  2. While in recovery, navigate to Apply update -> Apply from ADB
  3. adb sideload rom.zip (replace "rom" with actual filename)
  4. (optional). Reboot to recovery to sideload any add-ons (e.g magisk). DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED.
  5. Reboot to system & #KeepEvolving
OTA
  1. Check for update. If available, select "Download and install" (approx 10-15 min)
  2. Reboot & #KeepEvolving

Last edited:
Reactions: kkjb

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
Did you réad the Installation instructions in the OP (post #1).

VvzRh0K.png

Please note that the Required March firmware images are shipped/flashed with these builds!

First Time Install
  1. Download vendor_boot & rom for your device from here
  2. Reboot to bootloader
  3. fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
  4. While in recovery navigate to Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset and confim to format the device.
  5. When done formatting, go back to the main menu and then navigate to Apply update -> Apply from ADB
  6. adb sideload rom.zip (replace "rom" with actual filename)
  7. (optional). Reboot to recovery to sideload any add-ons (e.g magisk). DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED.
  8. Reboot to system & #KeepEvolving
Update
  1. Reboot to recovery
  2. While in recovery, navigate to Apply update -> Apply from ADB
  3. adb sideload rom.zip (replace "rom" with actual filename)
  4. (optional). Reboot to recovery to sideload any add-ons (e.g magisk). DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED.
  5. Reboot to system & #KeepEvolving
OTA
  1. Check for update. If available, select "Download and install" (approx 10-15 min)
  2. Reboot & #KeepEvolving
Yes but I am unsure if it's as simple as factory resetting then following the first time install instructions. Is it safe to flash after factory reset on November update or should I go to February then March

dmbardal

So, you have to flash the March stock bootloader and radio before doing a factory reset and flashing this ROM. I didn't know that. You sir have learnt me something. :)
Well no, but its always best to clean flash just in case.
I never dirty-flash anymore (many dirty-flash after flashing bootloader and radio manually).

Pixel flasher via web to stock -> flash custom ROM.
Best way to avoid issues.

jake.99x3

Jul 7, 2013
Richmond
Well no, but its always best to clean flash just in case.
I never dirty-flash anymore (many dirty-flash after flashing bootloader and radio manually).

Pixel flasher via web to stock -> flash custom ROM.
Best way to avoid issues.
Cheers. I appreciate the help, my last rooted device was a galaxy s4 haha. I didn't even know about the web flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts