Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
It's this screen here.

Uninstalling, disabling, and updating methods make it work for some time, but a reboot brings it back to this.

I was able to enable it as long as I didn't reboot once I got it working. Once the reboot happens, it's back to restricted network access and being unable to download additional languages in love translate.

Happened during 2 clean flashes.
I've had that before on a previous device. Turned out to be some buried Google setting that didn't have full internet access. Trouble is I can't recall which setting fixed it. Has the general Google app got full access, including 'unrestricted data usage' at the bottom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603-204646_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20230603-204646_Settings.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 83

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Or, have you tried going to settings/Google/Settings for Google apps/Search, assistant and voice/Voice/Offline speech recognition/Auto-update tab and selecting Auto-update at any time?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604-011041_Google.png
    Screenshot_20230604-011041_Google.png
    124 KB · Views: 57

Curiousn00b

I've had that before on a previous device. Turned out to be some buried Google setting that didn't have full internet access. Trouble is I can't recall which setting fixed it. Has the general Google app got full access, including 'unrestricted data usage' at the bottom?
Yes, Google App has access.

Unrestricted wouldn't matter since ASI is what handles the live translate, now playing, etc. When that globe appears, that's when I proceeded to uninstall updates to ASI, disable it, enable, update and then try again after clearing data and everything works fine(no globe). The second a reboot happens, the globe instantly pops back up, breaking these things.

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Yes, Google App has access.

Unrestricted wouldn't matter since ASI is what handles the live translate, now playing, etc. When that globe appears, that's when I proceeded to uninstall updates to ASI, disable it, enable, update and then try again after clearing data and everything works fine(no globe). The second a reboot happens, the globe instantly pops back up, breaking these things.
Ok, sorry I maybe clutching at straws here but... what about settings/apps/download manager and clearing cache + data. Could give that a go.

I appreciate it boils down to ASI, but I'm saying it could be a 3rd party setting or app that could be preventing ASI from functioning properly

I'm with pixel 7, maybe a bit different with p7 pro
The torch keep turn off, but "at a glance" and quick title still show torch is on, lol

i have flashlight bug too. also random ui crashes after qs pulling down.
Do u have p7 or p7 pro?
I used torch alot and this problem happen alot...

/The problem seem gone when i connect phone to charger. Maybe something is wrong with battery management. Unplug charger, torch problem comeback.

Last edited:

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Same. Sometimes after qs pull down, screen completely crashes into black and freezes phone for few seconds
Well I'm starting to feel like the odd one out, no such bug here... Highly doubt it makes a difference but, I have the animations set to a snappier rate for all animations in developer settings, which includes the qs pull down. Could give that a try...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604-163617_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20230604-163617_Settings.png
    269.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Just another thought regarding you guys that have bugs... Prior to flashing EvoX, did you flash full stock rom to both slots (ie flash full stock, boot to system, back to bootloader, switch slots, flash full stock to other slot...), and did you come from flashing another custom rom?

Well I'm starting to feel like the odd one out, no such bug here... Highly doubt it makes a difference but, I have the animations set to a snappier rate for all animations in developer settings, which includes the qs pull down. Could give that a try...
It just animation speed, non-related with the bugs which they mention
Just another thought regarding you guys that have bugs... Prior to flashing EvoX, did you flash full stock rom to both slots (ie flash full stock, boot to system, back to bootloader, switch slots, flash full stock to other slot...), and did you come from flashing another custom rom?
I flashed May stock fw in both slot using flash.android.com and still having torch problem and some little lag when pull down qs

/Pixel 7 build

just a bird xo

Feb 1, 2014
Joliet
It just animation speed, non-related with the bugs which they mention

I flashed May stock fw in both slot using flash.android.com and still having torch problem and some little lag when pull down qs

/Pixel 7 build
I'm having the same issue with system UI crashing & flash light not staying on. My system UI completely crashed about a half hour ago and will not work. I've even tried booting into safe mode with no luck to correct my black screen. Will flash rom again when I'm home to hopefully bring my UI back to life.

I'm having the same issue with system UI crashing & flash light not staying on. My system UI completely crashed about a half hour ago and will not work. I've even tried booting into safe mode with no luck to correct my black screen. Will flash rom again when I'm home to hopefully bring my UI back to life.
Your phone is p7 or p7 pro?

Psychlone

Apr 30, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6a
P7P, flashed from stock cheetah-tq2a.230505.002-factory-fe44ced0 then added Evolution exactly as the OP describes

Zero issues with anything.

Well, 99.999% trouble-free... I've had the flashlight bug occasionally but not every time I use it and that's really no big deal.

Battery life is good, can't say it's better than stock A13 or beta 2, but it's good.

So far I'm loving this ROM! Great job @AnierinB

Reactions: Samuel Holland

AnierinB

Retired Recognized Developer
Android System Intelligence can't use WiFi. Have to uninstall upgrade in store to get it to work, then it stops working again after a while.

So can't download languages nor use Now Playing, since it has no way of connecting to the WiFi.
This has been fixed and will be available in the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts