[ROM][13][AKARI][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20.0

Search This thread

Rachsutha

Apr 10, 2015
launcher has a problem
_20230107_150941.JPG

EzawaTami

Nov 23, 2020
Hi @dtrunk90 . My XZ2 (H8296) is having random reboots due to modem crash starting from 19.1. Do you have any idea why this happens? Here's the log file:

Attachments

• console-ramoops-0.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hi @dtrunk90 . My XZ2 (H8296) is having random reboots due to modem crash starting from 19.1. Do you have any idea why this happens? Here's the log file:
Which stock 10 version was installed before switching to los?
Was anything else installed in between stock and los?
Is there anything special to add (like airplain mode, no sim card present or such alike)?
Can you check if there's a modem.log somewhere (maybe in /data/misc/ril/bp-dumps/modem.log)?
Was there any hardware exchanged?
Any magisk modules installed or other addons like gapps?

At first glance it could be a kernel bug.

Yotoprules

Oct 23, 2015
Hull
Lenovo P2
Redmi 9A
Hi, thank you for this hard work!
Is it possible to dirty flash upgrade from lineageos 18.1 to this version (android 11)? Or maybe to 19 then 20? Or is clean flash necessary?
Thanks!

EzawaTami

Nov 23, 2020
Which stock 10 version was installed before switching to los?
Was anything else installed in between stock and los?
Is there anything special to add (like airplain mode, no sim card present or such alike)?
Can you check if there's a modem.log somewhere (maybe in /data/misc/ril/bp-dumps/modem.log)?
Was there any hardware exchanged?
Any magisk modules installed or other addons like gapps?

At first glance it could be a kernel bug.
Thanks for the reply!

The lastest HK firmware 52.1.A.3.49 was installed before, and I did a factory reset before switching to los. I'm having gapps and magisk v25.2 with lsposed, shamiko and the sony camera.
There was no hardware exchanged, and I have one sim card and one SD card inserted.
I think the phone mostly reboots in areas with bad LTE signal, but I'm unable to find a modem.log. However I found a similar issue here https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/9
The last comment suggested some init scripts. Do you think that works, and where should I put those scripts (like init.sony-modem-switcher.rc)?

Last edited:
Reactions: dtrunk90

mali_zeeko

Oct 22, 2015
Hi, thank you for this hard work!
Is it possible to dirty flash upgrade from lineageos 18.1 to this version (android 11)? Or maybe to 19 then 20? Or is clean flash necessary?
Thanks!
Hi, yesterday I upgraded from LOS18.1 to 20.
It is possible to make dirty flash upgrade. I followed instructions from Upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-19.1 -> lineage-20), but failed to install MindTheGaaps (version mismatch failure). From recovery rebooted to bootloader and installed LOS20 recovery. Rebooted to recovery, installed LOS20 without Factory reset + Format data / factory reset, rebooted to recovery again and successfuly installed MindTheGaaps for LOS20. Rebooted to system. Had to clean cache of Wallpapers app because it was crashing. Gave permission to access storage.

Thanks to drunk90 and others for their work!

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Thanks for the reply!

The lastest HK firmware 52.1.A.3.49 was installed before, and I did a factory reset before switching to los. I'm having gapps and magisk v25.2 with lsposed, shamiko and the sony camera.
There was no hardware exchanged, and I have one sim card and one SD card inserted.
I think the phone mostly reboots in areas with bad LTE signal, but I'm unable to find a modem.log. However I found a similar issue here https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/9
The last comment suggested some init scripts. Do you think that works, and where should I put those scripts (like init.sony-modem-switcher.rc)?
Thanks. I'll check this out later. Still at work :-/

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
For several devices the updater is crashing if the priority mode is activated while updating.

In the bug tracker they claim it's device specific, but different devices from different vendors having this bug.

Do you know if it's really device specific?

Also my clock in my statusbar is disappearing after some time and coming back if I swipe down and expand it.
Maybe its a crash.

Reactions: farukr1

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
For several devices the updater is crashing if the priority mode is activated while updating.

In the bug tracker they claim it's device specific, but different devices from different vendors having this bug.

Do you know if it's really device specific?

Also my clock in my statusbar is disappearing after some time and coming back if I swipe down and expand it.
Maybe its a crash.
The prio mode in updater was fixed on 5th of January: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_sdm845/+/347023

You're right it was crashing on the first build from 4th of January but the 2nd build from 11th of January has the fix included.

There's an option to hide the clock on home screen afaik. Maybe you've enabled that? If it's a crash a log would be helpful since I didn't noticed such behavior on my side.

lm8lm8

Nov 10, 2020

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2

GT500s

Complete teardown of my XZ2c . Phone is dual sim so H8324 not H8314 . Problem is when i unlocked bootloader i flashed newest Android 10 stock rom but for H8314 because sim slot cover is 1 SIM . I think guy before lost original from dual and bought single sim . The problem with no sim and no wifi still exists but now at least i'm 100% sure of right model number . Is my xz2c completly down of mistaken rom flash or need to try all H324 firmwares ? Could it be that some hardware is broken cause wrong stock rom flashed ?

EDIT

SORRY EVERYONE . WRONG THREAD

Last edited:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Thanks for the reply!

Hey, sorry that it took so long but I just added these in hope to fix the modem crashes for you: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_tama-common/+/348104

Let me know if it works so I can remove it from my todo list.
Also thanks for the github link which helped me a lot.

Reactions: sunv

EzawaTami

Nov 23, 2020
Hey, sorry that it took so long but I just added these in hope to fix the modem crashes for you: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_sony_tama-common/+/348104

Let me know if it works so I can remove it from my todo list.
Also thanks for the github link which helped me a lot.
Thanks! I've added the scripts several weeks ago and no random reboots have occured ever since. I'll update tomorrow and let you know if there are further problems, and you may remove it from the todo list for now ;)

Reactions: dtrunk90

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Hi all, so i updated to LOS 20 yesterday on my H8216 XZ2 and so far it is problem free. No freezes or apps force close etc. The only problem i have found is still with the sound levels. There is no stereo seperation when adjusting the balance slider to the left in accessibility menu.

When adjusting to the right,only the right speaker has sound but when adjusting to left,both speakers play at very reduced volume. When stereo slider is center the left (top) speaker plays very soft and right (bottom) speaker plays with proper volume. @dtrunk90 please can this persistant sound issue be fixed now that is present since LOS 18 build already.
Sorry for the late response to this. I've finally tested the audio balance settings. In my opinion this is how audio balance should work. Put the slider to the very right will only output on the right speaker while putting it to the very left will only output on the left speaker. Putting it just a bit right/left will balance audio correctly. So, I don't think this is an issue.

HeshamAlaa

Feb 1, 2023
Hi there I'm trying to update 18.1 to 20 on Sony xz2 but I can't
it gives me that the package is for product akari but expected h8296
Can anyone help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13.x (T),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 20.0:
    Official builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/akari

Pass SafetyNet
    Some apps like banking/payment apps or games require to pass SafetyNet.

1. Download the latest release of ih8sn here.
    2. Replace the whole content of system/etc/ih8sn.conf inside the zip file with:
    Code:
    # Does not work anymore as of 2023-11-15
    # BUILD_FINGERPRINT=Sony/H8266/H8266:8.0.0/51.1.A.3.159/620448843:user/release-keys
    BUILD_FINGERPRINT=google/bullhead/bullhead:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/4283548:user/release-keys
    PRODUCT_DEVICE=bullhead
    PRODUCT_MODEL=Nexus 5X
    PRODUCT_NAME=bullhead
    BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
    BUILD_TYPE=user
    DEBUGGABLE=0
    3. Install the zip file through recovery.

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 20.0 for Xperia XZ2, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors

dtrunk90
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-10-23
    Last Updated 2023-11-22
    First official build will be available in a few hours! I've already updated this thread so I don't have to do it later.
    Wow! Thanks a lot, @dtrunk90 ! I dirty-flashed this ROM over the official LOS 19.1 one. Also the full Nikgapps package for A13 and the latest Magisk Delta Canary. Things that never worked for me before are now up and running: AAC Bluetooth coded, and most amazingly, NFC and, thus, contactless payments! I'm certainly keeping this ROM running on both my XZ2 and XZ3 phones. Hope you keep updating it at least after each monthly security patches by Google.
    We're going official once lineage 20 is ready. Then weekly builds are automated.
    New build from today uploaded
    Hello, I like your development of lineage OS 20 for xz2 very much, I would like to ask if there are any plans to develop and maintain lineageOS21 for xz2 at present
    It's planned but no ETAs