[ROM][13][amogus] AOSP 13.0

Search This thread

Electimon

Recognized Developer
AOSP 13
This is a moto-common project release under the codename amogus. This build supports the following devices: rav, rav_t, sofia, sofiap, sofiap_ao, sofiap_sprout, sofiar.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What's AOSP?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without any modifications.

Whats not working?
  • Speakerphone on sofia variants​
Instructions to install the ROM:
Reboot to bootloader:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
The following will wipe your internal data:
Code:
fastboot -w
Code:
fastboot update package.zip

It will reboot your device to fastbootd, you might get the following warning:
Code:
FAILED (remote: 'Old partitions are not compatible with the new super layout; wipe needed')
, but you can continue with the following commands

Fastbootd:
Code:
fastboot flash product product.img
Code:
fastboot flash system system.img
Code:
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
Code:
fastboot reboot

Downloads: Here

Source Code: Here

Sept 2: Fixed USB Mode Switching, Switched to new rebased kernel, Switched to EROFS

Sept 12: EGIS Fingerprint gestures fixed, Switch BtAudio to AIDL and September Patch level

Sept 28:
System Responsiveness has been tuned and improved
Introduce Multigenerational LRU Framework
Tune Dalvik Heap Sizes
Switched to QTI Thermal HAL
DT2W has been fixed for RAV (HIMAX) variants of amogus
Signature Spoofing support has been added to the ROM

Last edited:

sdlj

Jun 1, 2022
Good work, it works for now.
Is there any Gapps available for this Android version ?

I decided to give it a try and it's working well with the exception of what has already been declared to not be working:
  • USB Mode Switching​
I can confirm that these are broken on Sophia, and I can also confirm that the Speakerphone also doesn't work in video calls made using Signal.

I know it's ASOP but including a browser that can download would help greatly with getting F-DROID (especially with USB Mode Switching being broken). The Webview browser can't seem to download anything. You can browse with it but not download.

Thank you very much for the hard work.

Matthew

Last edited:
Reactions: Skib32

Electimon

Recognized Developer
I decided to give it a try and it's working well with the exception of what has already been declared to not be working:
  • USB Mode Switching​
I can confirm that these are broken on Sophia, and I can also confirm that the Speakerphone also doesn't work in video calls made using Signal.

I know it's ASOP but including a browser that can download would help greatly with getting F-DROID (especially with USB Mode Switching being broken). The Webview browser can't seem to download anything. You can browse with it but not download.

Matthew
USB Mode switching does not impact the function of ADB, you can use that to install any third party apps. Thank you for the review

kotchama

Aug 28, 2022
GApps would be nice. Also, would flashing this and later trying to flash an Android 11 ROM trigger anti-rollback protection?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021
Honor 5X
Going to check it out and see if I can acquire root access to check what is messing with the speakerphone and USB. Nice to see something new to test on these phones! 🥰

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
Tried this on my SofiaR and I guess the radio files just didnt flash or it didnt keep the original ones but yea I have no cell service, is this normal? Tired installing it again and had the same issue.

Electimon

Recognized Developer
Tried this on my SofiaR and I guess the radio files just didnt flash or it didnt keep the original ones but yea I have no cell service, is this normal? Tired installing it again and had the same issue.
I suggest you flash stock and verify that cell service works there and then reflash this rom on top. It is verified that cell service works on this build

Reactions: griz.droidx

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
I suggest you flash stock and verify that cell service works there and then reflash this rom on top. It is verified that cell service works on this build
I flashed a stock rom and the phone rebooted, everything seemed fine. I turned off the phone to reflash this rom but before I had the chance to the phone would not boot to anymore. Seems completely bricked, but its probably my own doing.

Electimon

Recognized Developer
I flashed a stock rom and the phone rebooted, everything seemed fine. I turned off the phone to reflash this rom but before I had the chance to the phone would not boot to anymore. Seems completely bricked, but its probably my own doing.
Ok since it bricked before you had a chance to flash the rom, the issue is most likely with how you flashed stock. Can you show me the process you took todo that? Also if you plug in the device to a Windows machine, in device manager does it show QUSB_BULK?

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
The only thing different from stock was the twrp recovery img. I'm guessing I may have accidentally flashed the wrong boot.img some how, honestly I'm not sure. There is no response from the device on windows or Kali. Does not indicate it's charging in anyway and all restart processes do nothing. Wanted to use this as a backup before I got my new phone in a few days but it is what it is. I highly doubt it was any of your img's.

Electimon

Recognized Developer
The only thing different from stock was the twrp recovery img. I'm guessing I may have accidentally flashed the wrong boot.img some how, honestly I'm not sure. There is no response from the device on windows or Kali. Does not indicate it's charging in anyway and all restart processes do nothing. Wanted to use this as a backup before I got my new phone in a few days but it is what it is. I highly doubt it was any of your img's.
There is one way to revive it but it involves disassembly, would you like me to tell you about it? I know not much have the tools for it.

Electimon

Recognized Developer
I was considering disassembly to see if a battery unplug would help but if there is something else you think I should do I'm all ears.
Yes the device has testpoints on the motherboard, if you bridge them it will enter EDL mode. From there you can use a blankflash to restore the bootloader and hopefully unbrick. Unplug the battery and bridge those pads, while bridged plug in the USB cable and with any luck you will be in EDL. From there you can plug the battery back in so it can flash successfully. You can find the blankflash on https://mirrors.lolinet.com/
1661809515268.png

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
Yes the device has testpoints on the motherboard, if you bridge them it will enter EDL mode. From there you can use a blankflash to restore the bootloader and hopefully unbrick. Unplug the battery and bridge those pads, while bridged plug in the USB cable and with any luck you will be in EDL. From there you can plug the battery back in so it can flash successfully. You can find the blankflash on https://mirrors.lolinet.com/
View attachment 5699785
Awesome, thanks for this info. I'll mess with this tonight and see if I can bring it back to life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For mine root's working.

Install the latest Magisk app's apk
    Extract Electimon's AOSP boot.img
    Patch it with the Magisk app
    Flash the patched image
    I was considering disassembly to see if a battery unplug would help but if there is something else you think I should do I'm all ears.
    1661809515268.png
    AOSP 13
    This is a moto-common project release under the codename amogus. This build supports the following devices: rav, rav_t, sofia, sofiap, sofiap_ao, sofiap_sprout, sofiar.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's AOSP?
    AOSP is Android as Google publish without any modifications.

Whats not working?
    Instructions to install the ROM:
    Reboot to bootloader:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    The following will wipe your internal data:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
    Code:
    fastboot update package.zip

It will reboot your device to fastbootd, you might get the following warning:
    Code:
    FAILED (remote: 'Old partitions are not compatible with the new super layout; wipe needed')
    , but you can continue with the following commands

Fastbootd:
    Code:
    fastboot flash product product.img
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    Code:
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Downloads: Here

Source Code: Here

Sept 2: Fixed USB Mode Switching, Switched to new rebased kernel, Switched to EROFS

Sept 12: EGIS Fingerprint gestures fixed, Switch BtAudio to AIDL and September Patch level

Sept 28:
    System Responsiveness has been tuned and improved
    Introduce Multigenerational LRU Framework
    Tune Dalvik Heap Sizes
    Switched to QTI Thermal HAL
    DT2W has been fixed for RAV (HIMAX) variants of amogus
    Signature Spoofing support has been added to the ROM
    Nice finally something other than Android 11
    • USB Mode Switching​

Matthew
    USB Mode switching does not impact the function of ADB, you can use that to install any third party apps. Thank you for the review