[ROM][13][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v9.12 [13.12.2023]

Search This thread

p0tchy

Apr 25, 2021
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is TWRP really necessary? Why not just use crDroid recovery all the way?

Oct 29, 2019
Bani Ebeid
Hi guys, why are weather condition and weather location not working?
Screenshot_20221108-054734_Settings.png

seuf

May 20, 2011
Lyon
Installed this ROM yesterday (previsously on crDroid 7). It works like a charm ! (just the little glitch on the icons when pulling the top bar).
Thanks @gwolfu

ok689

Nov 25, 2019
i updated the latest version
the advanced reboot stopped working and if i tried to file transfer the option is just greyed out for some reason

do i need to give logs?

Artemis008

Mar 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 4
hi, i just share what i experienced that:
1. dirty flash from crdroid v8.9 or 8.10 via TWRP v3.7.0 is not recommended, unless you want to be in a bootloop state

2. clean install via TWRP works, but it seems it's still recommended to use crdroid recovery to receive ota updates, and I noticed on crdroid12 that updating using TWRP causes a few glitches on the homescreen such as flashing wallpaper, stuttering scrolling, etc.. I finally switched to crdroid recovery to get updates that run optimally and stable

3. In this crdroid13, it looks like there are still many bugs, such as UI and statusbar that still need improvement, then the background blur in the menu suddenly disappears after opening the app from the menu, partially cropped icons under the menu search bar, faceunlock is not available, etc. . but overall, this rom is amazing like it has characteristics compared to other roms, considering this crdroid13 it's still in beta stage I'm sure in the future with improvements, this will be the best rom for poco f1 because customization in this rom is so easy.

in the end I decided to stay on crdroid12 v8.10 and wait until it runs stably. Thank you

ok689

Nov 25, 2019
hi, i just share what i experienced that:
1. dirty flash from crdroid v8.9 or 8.10 via TWRP v3.7.0 is not recommended, unless you want to be in a bootloop state

2. clean install via TWRP works, but it seems it's still recommended to use crdroid recovery to receive ota updates, and I noticed on crdroid12 that updating using TWRP causes a few glitches on the homescreen such as flashing wallpaper, stuttering scrolling, etc.. I finally switched to crdroid recovery to get updates that run optimally and stable

3. In this crdroid13, it looks like there are still many bugs, such as UI and statusbar that still need improvement, then the background blur in the menu suddenly disappears after opening the app from the menu, partially cropped icons under the menu search bar, faceunlock is not available, etc. . but overall, this rom is amazing like it has characteristics compared to other roms, considering this crdroid13 it's still in beta stage I'm sure in the future with improvements, this will be the best rom for poco f1 because customization in this rom is so easy.

in the end I decided to stay on crdroid12 v8.10 and wait until it runs stably. Thank you
So OTA from TWRP counts as a dirty flash?

And will it be fine if i switch back and forth on crdroid recovery for OTA and TWRP when i need to flash something

Artemis008

Mar 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Google Pixel 4
So OTA from TWRP counts as a dirty flash?

And will it be fine if i switch back and forth on crdroid recovery for OTA and TWRP when i need to flash something
I think so

Isn't crdroid recovery also possible if it's just to flash something, although its stability is somewhat doubtful,

I also regret why official twrp doesn't support encrypted rom yet, while unofficial twrp by reignz which has support also has bugs.

but if you want to bother with changing recovery many times, I think it's fine

Kaymor

Mar 22, 2011
Hello, this looks like a great rom and I'll be trying it out in a few days. I am curious if xiaomi's dial codes or hidden menus work with this rom? It's not a big deal to me anymore but I was trying to access *#0808# which is the USB settings but I couldn't get in. I'm not even sure if any custom rom offer this.

ok689

Nov 25, 2019
Do i need to do a clean flash or this is a Bug?
its been like this ever since i updated to the version 6 nov and 11 nov
i didnt think it happened on crdoid 8.9

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221112-105629_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221112-105629_Settings.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

thcthcm7

Mar 5, 2018
thanks, so far works good, updated via ota was kinda slow but worked fine , and like the animation

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • Recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • NikGapps Elite Gwolf2u (from download page, gapps button)
    • Magisk root (after first boot)

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Boot to fastboot and flash recovery
    • Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Now boot to recovery by holding VOL UP + POWER
    • Navigate to Factory reset and format data, wipe cache and wipe system
    • Now reboot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you are running with gapps, choose again to apply from adb and sideload gapps.zip
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    Via recovery
    • Boot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium/9

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Poco Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    This is it, firstly thanks for taking our f1 device to a higher level, secondly @gwolfu @Retrial how to update from crdroid A12 latest build, but using official twrp, I have no problem with decrypting data or anything like that, as long as official twrp stays where it should be and don't lose data, thank you very much crdroid team and especially for you @gwolfu thanks again to everyone here
    I don't know how your official twrp is able to decrypt, encrypted ROMs since it's not working. Are u sure encrypted?
    Recommended is to do Clean Install from one Android version to another. However you can try my Dirty Installation guide below.
    Official way of installation via crDroid recovery can be found in OP.

Installation Guide: 👨‍🏫

Clean Install via TWRP:
    • Backup your data.
    • Downland TWRP by REIGNZ v2 (A12_System_Ext version - Current Bugs & Workarounds), crDroid ROM, A13 GApps of your choice and optional crDroid recovery if you want to use that later.
    • Boot, flash and reboot to TWRP.
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe -> Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, System_EXT, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Reboot to recovery once again (need due to a current issue with twrp by reignz) and then Format data > type yes.
    • Transfer the ROM while you are connected and into TWRP from PC to Device. (TWRP by REIGNZ3 have issue, if PC doesn't recognize the device, press in twrp menu, advanced > file manager > and find and select sdcard folder aka Internal Storage > go back and now pc should be able to recognize the device)
      If you have SDcard or USB OTG you can also use that.
    • Flash ROM, GApps. NOTE: ROM IS FORCE ENCRYPTED
    • [Optional] Flash crDroid recovery.
    • [Optional] If you want to stay decrypted, use TWRP by REIGNZ but based on A9. Mount Vendor and flash DFE A13. Do not use OTA if you are decrypted, update via dirty installation.
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    OTA Upgrade/Update:
    ⚠️Warning⚠️

• Only use OTA if you are encrypted. Simply go to updater and press install.

Dirty Installation via TWRP:
    Manually Upgrade/Update the ROM

Notes:
    • If you want to be encrypted, recommended is to do one Clean Install according to guide and afterwards you can do OTA updates.
    • If you are decrypted and you want to stay decrypted, do Dirty Install according to guide and do not use OTA.
    • If you encounter Fastboot issues read the guide/fix in my thread.
    • You can translate the ROM in Crowdin.