[ROM][13][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v9.1 [03.02.2023]

Search This thread

dyfk3l

May 27, 2013
Bavaria (near Germany)
Anyone else noticed an issue with fingerprint?
Many times doesn't work and I have to press it twice. Especially if you turn screen off and press it fast.
The only issue I have is that fingerprint doesn't work immediately after screen turns off itself after display timeout.

When fingerprint doesn't work correctly after you turn it off yorself, delete them and add them again, this can help.

Reactions: Retrial

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
The only issue I have is that fingerprint doesn't work immediately after screen turns off itself after display timeout.
Yes, the same thing happening if you manually turn the screen off and press it fast.
When fingerprint doesn't work correctly after you turn it off yorself, delete them and add them again, this can help.
The fingerprint works but need to press it twice if you try to do it immediately.

@gwolfu take a look when you time.

Nov 2, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F1
The fingerprint issue is the same here.

I have one other issue.
Sometimes when I start phone calls there is no dial tone.
There is no sound until the one who is called accept the call.

Is there a Android Auto integration? In the first version it didn't work. If not how can I make it work ?

Thanks

Last edited:
The fingerprint issue is the same here.

I have one other issue.
Sometimes when I start phone calls there is no dial tone.
There is no sound until the one who is called accept the call.

Is there a Android Auto integration? In the first version it didn't work. If not how can I make it work ?

Thanks
install full gapps

Last edited:

ok689

Nov 25, 2019
i recently updated and the landscape notif panel broke for 2 panels and for 3 it works but its crammed

Attachments

• 2 panel before update.png
    2 panel before update.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 2 panel after update.png
    2 panel after update.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 3 panel after update.png
    3 panel after update.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 76

ok689

Nov 25, 2019
I just updated to the 4th dec update and it seems it still seemed to happen

Thanks for the the update besides this i dont seem to notice any problems

Screenshot_20221204-205804_Chrome.png

Feb 7, 2018
Moto G6
After I installed the latest version, google started to crash, I reflashed the Gapps again, but even so it's showing as offline with me connected to the network...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-134919_Google Play Store.png
    Screenshot_20221204-134919_Google Play Store.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 33
Feb 7, 2018
Moto G6
F for sourceforge, This happened to my brother-in-law's cell phone when I installed a custom rom on his cell phone, I think the problem is in Source Forge

1670200259809.png
1670200150220.png

seuf

May 20, 2011
Lyon
Since last version (2022-12-04), my phone reboot when i try to wake it up with fingerprint. It's not a hard reboot because it did'nt ask me for pin code, but I can see the crDroid boot animation.

Top Liked Posts

Folks, thank you for making Android 13 for Poco F1.

Looks like I have not flashed this rom correctly.
    The current major issue is that the keyboard does not appear on screen at all. Hence I cannot type anything.
    This is how I flashed. Please suggest a solution. Thank you.

Was using Pixel Experience 10 till yesterday. There was no DFE on it hence it must have been running encrypted all along.
    0. Created full backup on sd card using old twrp.
    1. Downloaded the rom, twrp recovery, gapps as mentioned in post 4 and placed it on sd card.
    2. Flashed the new TWRP using the old PE10's TWRP.
    3. Booted into new TWRP. But IT was asking password. Couldn't do full wipe because of that password prompt.
    4. So managed to flash crdroid recovery as an alternative.
    5. Did full format as available in crdroid recovery.
    6. Flashed the rom using crdroid recovery. Rebooted and flashed the said gapps.
    5. Now the phone boots normally but no keyboard to be seen.
    What to do now?
    Does this mean that I dirty flashed?
    Does it mean that it is unencrypted?
    Please help.
    Thanks for reading.
    Do not flash gapps after first boot of the ROM. flash GApps, after when u flash the ROM and before you boot.
    Also if you created backup of ur data as you said, in TWRP you should do full wipes and format data (don't know what you mean you couldn't - just skip the prompt), so you can be in clean state to install crDroid. Follow the steps I wrote and you will be fine.
    Thanks Retrial.
    I did try full wipe by skipping password promptin the new twrp, but it said it couldn't mount the partitions and hence couldn't wipe the partitions. I was going by the steps mentioned in post 4.
    Now that I am on crdroid recovery, how do I get back the twrp to retry full wipe through twrp?
    Did you tried to reboot again on twrp and try again to wipe/format? there is an issue with twrp by reignz and need to reboot to recovery twice to perform format data etc. Otherwise you can simply use twrp by reignz based on A9 wipe everything/format data/ then flash twrp by reignz based on A12 and flash ROM+Gapps. (I recommended my NikGApps or core if u just want play store)
    Use fastboot to flash twrp :p (you can also check my install custom recovery guide here)
    Meanwhile I am disappointed with the Android 13 rom. It had a Bluetooth bug on the first try. The connection was gone after a short time. Now, after a while, the Opera browser and the xplore file manager no longer open. First the programs work, then suddenly they don't work anymore. A pity. I'm still on the latest Android 12 Rom.
    Right before the apps started crashing, did you switch the kernel to NGK? If so, make sure you optimize the apps with the NGK app and then your apps won't crash. I had the same issue with some apps but they work fine now after optimization.

Even if you weren't using NGK, I'd suggest you follow the steps @Retrial has so diligently documented for us at post# 4 of this thread, and optimize the apps with NGK app on first boot after flashing the NGK kernel.
    Did you tried to reboot again on twrp and try again to wipe/format? there is an issue with twrp by reignz and need to reboot to recovery twice to perform format data etc. Otherwise you can simply use twrp by reignz based on A9 wipe everything/format data/ then flash twrp by reignz based on A12 and flash ROM+Gapps. (I recommended my NikGApps or core if u just want play store)
    Use fastboot to flash twrp :p (you can also check my install custom recovery guide here)
    Let me try that Retrial. Will report back here.
    I upgraded from A12 to A13. Encountered the screen freeze issue a few times. Dpi not getting lower as it used to be. The sound quality had gotten a bit low.
    I also encountered a slower touch response on my display. Doe anyone else experienced it or is it just me? SOT has improved a bit.
    Even when I was typing this comment , the display got stuck when I tapped on backspace and the whole text whatever I had typed got erased. I had to lock the screen and open it to bring it back to normal.
    Update : For some reason my phone goes on random reboot.
    Any idea how to change the crdroid recovery to twrp? The update from A12 to A13 has gone all wrong for me .
    Clean install from one Android version to another. Imagine that, like you get a new phone.
    Backup your data to PC, clean install the new ROM and transfer your data back.
    You can also follow this guide to flash with TWRP.
    I tried to do the fresh install via crdroid recovery, with the latest build and latest nikgapps full (1st Feb 2023) and it crashed after the setup wizard, Saying pixel launcher crashed same for crdroid launcher.
    Then I tried omni build and it worked just fine so, then I again wiped the device and installed rom, nikgapps omni, and then pixel launcher addon and got the same issue I am guessing there is something specific with pixel launcher
    Pixel Launcher is known to have issues. Do not use full bloated packages.
    You can also use my build of NikGApps if you want to convert "vanilla" rom to "gapps" rom - without bloat.

Guys, always try a clean flash and use one of the smallest available GApps packages, anything else is just asking for trouble.
    Depends what they using. Full bloated gapps packages will mostly have issues, but you can use gapps above core nikgapps ofc, like mine.
    Not to rake up a controversy here 😄, but which Gcam works best with this ROM?
    I don't see why any Gcam made for Android 11 or 12.1 shouldn't work with this ROM. I'm using MGC 8.3 and everything seems to work... though if you want to know which one is "best" I'd ask @Retrial
    Hi,
    I am not a photo expert 😂 but I personally use Sanity and 8.1 BSG. There are other mods or xmls which people use but I haven't tried them. If anyone have better gcam with config please let me know in my thread (also post some pics to compare).
    Cheers 😉
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • Recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • NikGapps core (Download from here - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
    • Magisk root (after first boot)

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Boot to fastboot and flash recovery
    • Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Now boot to recovery by holding VOL UP + POWER
    • Navigate to Factory reset and format data, wipe cache and wipe system
    • Now reboot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you are running with gapps, choose again to apply from adb and sideload gapps.zip
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    Via recovery
    • Boot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium/9

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Poco Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    Build 20230108 is ready

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/beryllium/9#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/beryllium/9

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidPoco
    This is it, firstly thanks for taking our f1 device to a higher level, secondly @gwolfu @Retrial how to update from crdroid A12 latest build, but using official twrp, I have no problem with decrypting data or anything like that, as long as official twrp stays where it should be and don't lose data, thank you very much crdroid team and especially for you @gwolfu thanks again to everyone here
    I don't know how your official twrp is able to decrypt, encrypted ROMs since it's not working. Are u sure encrypted?
    Recommended is to do Clean Install from one Android version to another. However you can try my Dirty Installation guide below.
    Official way of installation via crDroid recovery can be found in OP.

Installation Guide: 👨‍🏫

Clean Install via TWRP:
    • Backup your data.
    • Downland TWRP by REIGNZ (A12_System_Ext version - Current Bugs & Workarounds), crDroid ROM, A13 GApps of your choice and optional crDroid recovery if you want to use that later.
    • Boot, flash and reboot to TWRP.
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe -> Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, System_EXT, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Reboot to recovery once again (need due to a current issue with twrp by reignz) and then Format data > type yes.
    • Transfer the ROM while you are connected and into TWRP from PC to Device. (TWRP by REIGNZ3 have issue, if PC doesn't recognize the device, press in twrp menu, advanced > file manager > and find and select sdcard folder aka Internal Storage > go back and now pc should be able to recognize the device)
      If you have SDcard or USB OTG you can also use that.
    • Flash ROM, GApps. NOTE: ROM IS FORCE ENCRYPTED
    • [Optional] Flash crDroid recovery.
    • [Optional] If you want to stay decrypted, use TWRP by REIGNZ but based on A9. Mount Vendor and flash DFE A13. Do not use OTA if you are decrypted, update via dirty installation.
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    OTA Upgrade/Update:
    ⚠️Warning⚠️

• Only use OTA if you are encrypted. Simply go to updater and press install.

Dirty Installation via TWRP:
    Manually Upgrade/Update the ROM

Notes:
    • If you want to be encrypted, recommended is to do one Clean Install according to guide and afterwards you can do OTA updates.
    • If you are decrypted and you want to stay decrypted, do Dirty Install according to guide and do not use OTA.
    • If you encounter Fastboot issues read the guide/fix in my thread.
    • You can translate the ROM in Crowdin.