[ROM][13][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v9.12 [13.12.2023]

Search This thread

ok689

Nov 25, 2019
Do i need to do a clean flash or this is a Bug?
its been like this ever since i updated to the version 6 nov and 11 nov
i didnt think it happened on crdoid 8.9
Some icons also seem to dissapear when using themed icons

The bugs are mostly minor
the rom is still great thanks for the rom

Attachments

• screen-20221112-224818.mp4
    6.3 MB · Views: 0

karajeshkumar

Dec 25, 2014
Chennai
I am unable to enable Hey Google / Ok Google feature after upgrading from 8.10 to 9. It says this feature is currently unavailable on this device. I use this feature extensively. Is this a known problem?

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
I am unable to enable Hey Google / Ok Google feature after upgrading from 8.10 to 9. It says this feature is currently unavailable on this device. I use this feature extensively. Is this a known problem?
make sure to flash gapps addon
google search needs to be system app in order to make it work

Reactions: Wllamtec

karajeshkumar

Dec 25, 2014
Chennai
make sure to flash gapps addon
google search needs to be system app in order to make it work
Downloaded the Google Search addon from Nikgapps and tried to flash it via TWRP. Getting this error message. Any help?
twrp.jpg

Ahmed-Anwar

Sep 14, 2017
Thanks for the ROM. I just got the phone and there was screen artifacts (Screen ghosting and some weird noise, probably a gpu issue?) in pixel experience but a clean flash of your ROM and it is working again. Great work!

Nov 2, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi,

Thank you for this rom.
Found a bug.
When you activate otg with you cannot quit or deactivate it.

I haven't installed the newest version, is the hotspot working?

Grüße
Schlapperklange

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221115-221235_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20221115-221235_crDroid Home.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20221115-221456_XDA Developers_1.png
    Screenshot_20221115-221456_XDA Developers_1.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 56

Christian_88

Oct 14, 2022
Unfortunatelly I had a bootloop issue when I updated to build 20221106 (I made a clean installation when I installed the first build). Therefore I made once again a clean installation, now with build 20221106 - everything works fine. When I installed the Gapps on build 20221106 I found out, that I hadn't got a gapp file for A13 on my computer. Could it be that I was able to flash a A12 gapps version when I installed the very first build? And therefore I got the bootloop issue when I updated to build 20221106?

I'm afraid to do the OTA update to hang in a bootloop once again...

Another thing - I tried to make a backup with TWRP several times, unfortunatly it always ends with an error. Does anybody know what the reason could be?
"Backups of Data do not include any files in internal storage such as pictures or downloads. createTarFork() process ended with ERROR: 255"
Is their another option to create a backup?

PRIFAK

Aug 11, 2022
Face unlock use front cam, instead IR camera. Idk is this bug, but my face invisible at night :)

SolitudeSF

Sep 27, 2016
Trying to activate bluetooth shows error, that Bluetooth app keeps crashing. Is this known? Any relevant logs i can provide?

Cant reproduce after few reboots, nvm.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • Recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • NikGapps Elite Gwolf2u (from download page, gapps button)
    • Magisk root (after first boot)

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Boot to fastboot and flash recovery
    • Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Now boot to recovery by holding VOL UP + POWER
    • Navigate to Factory reset and format data, wipe cache and wipe system
    • Now reboot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you are running with gapps, choose again to apply from adb and sideload gapps.zip
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    Via recovery
    • Boot to recovery
    • Navigate to Apply update and choose from adb (if you have crDroid.zip on external sdcard, you may choose this option and navigate to where the zip is)
    • Now sideload crDroid zip
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium/9

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Poco Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    This is it, firstly thanks for taking our f1 device to a higher level, secondly @gwolfu @Retrial how to update from crdroid A12 latest build, but using official twrp, I have no problem with decrypting data or anything like that, as long as official twrp stays where it should be and don't lose data, thank you very much crdroid team and especially for you @gwolfu thanks again to everyone here
    I don't know how your official twrp is able to decrypt, encrypted ROMs since it's not working. Are u sure encrypted?
    Recommended is to do Clean Install from one Android version to another. However you can try my Dirty Installation guide below.
    Official way of installation via crDroid recovery can be found in OP.

Installation Guide: 👨‍🏫

Clean Install via TWRP:
    • Backup your data.
    • Downland TWRP by REIGNZ v2 (A12_System_Ext version - Current Bugs & Workarounds), crDroid ROM, A13 GApps of your choice and optional crDroid recovery if you want to use that later.
    • Boot, flash and reboot to TWRP.
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe -> Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, System_EXT, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Reboot to recovery once again (need due to a current issue with twrp by reignz) and then Format data > type yes.
    • Transfer the ROM while you are connected and into TWRP from PC to Device. (TWRP by REIGNZ3 have issue, if PC doesn't recognize the device, press in twrp menu, advanced > file manager > and find and select sdcard folder aka Internal Storage > go back and now pc should be able to recognize the device)
      If you have SDcard or USB OTG you can also use that.
    • Flash ROM, GApps. NOTE: ROM IS FORCE ENCRYPTED
    • [Optional] Flash crDroid recovery.
    • [Optional] If you want to stay decrypted, use TWRP by REIGNZ but based on A9. Mount Vendor and flash DFE A13. Do not use OTA if you are decrypted, update via dirty installation.
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    OTA Upgrade/Update:
    ⚠️Warning⚠️

• Only use OTA if you are encrypted. Simply go to updater and press install.

Dirty Installation via TWRP:
    Manually Upgrade/Update the ROM

Notes:
    • If you want to be encrypted, recommended is to do one Clean Install according to guide and afterwards you can do OTA updates.
    • If you are decrypted and you want to stay decrypted, do Dirty Install according to guide and do not use OTA.
    • If you encounter Fastboot issues read the guide/fix in my thread.
    • You can translate the ROM in Crowdin.