Search This thread

ad1tyas1ngh

Aug 24, 2020
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy Tab E

3jmGyjb.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 / Mi 9T [davinci/davinciin]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Last edited:

aashirwad

Jan 1, 2016
How can "pixel" experience be possible without Google apps? There isn't any non gapps/microg version of PixelExperience
Hi there Aditya, I am a new user for the PE 13 for davinci. I installed it couple of days back on my k20 and been a fan since. Why it's so smooth and responsive?! I dity flashed it on top of latest miui fastboot rom. Which was a long process coming from Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10. Had a bootloop straight to fastboot mode, thought I soft bricked. The new experience is totally awesome and was worth the effort. Thanks my man!

I found a couple of minor bugs, if you want you can add them to your list and rectify when you're free.
1) when I get a chat notification banner (eg. WhatsApp message) from someone and I start replying and typing directly on the banner, and if there comes another message from the same chat/person while I am typing, then the keyboard and banner both shuts-off/closes/disappear.
2) In the Settings > System > Buttons > edge long swipe action, There is no option for "App split"

ad1tyas1ngh

Aug 24, 2020
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hi there Aditya, I am a new user for the PE 13 for davinci. I installed it couple of days back on my k20 and been a fan since. Why it's so smooth and responsive?! I dity flashed it on top of latest miui fastboot rom. Which was a long process coming from Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10. Had a bootloop straight to fastboot mode, thought I soft bricked. The new experience is totally awesome and was worth the effort. Thanks my man!

I found a couple of minor bugs, if you want you can add them to your list and rectify when you're free.
1) when I get a chat notification banner (eg. WhatsApp message) from someone and I start replying and typing directly on the banner, and if there comes another message from the same chat/person while I am typing, then the keyboard and banner both shuts-off/closes/disappear.
2) In the Settings > System > Buttons > edge long swipe action, There is no option for "App split"
The first one I cannot reproduce still i'll look into it, 2nd ones isnt a bug actually, but i'll ask the source devs to add that feature.

Reactions: aashirwad

aashirwad

Jan 1, 2016
The first one I cannot reproduce still i'll look into it, 2nd ones isnt a bug actually, but i'll ask the source devs to add that feature.
latest update is lagging to much. App opening/scrolling/sliding/. Please look into it too👍🏻. Also another issue is that some apps like flight booking/myjio-rechage app and Google pay app, after payment/ticket confirmation, the confirmation screen flashes rapidly (everytime during payment in gpay). Did anyone reading the forum face the issue? Confirm please.

aashirwad

Jan 1, 2016
Can I dirty flash this from
Pixel Experience 10 Build number: QQ2a.200405.005
PixelExperience_davinci-10.0.-20200409-12-OFFICIAL. ?

Or what would be the best route to flash this ROM in my case?
If I am not mistaken, the firmware is different. So you may want to install MIUI 12 latest updated rom with the latest firmware or another similar custom rom with the latest firmware that was derived from latest MIUI for davinci. Then dirty flash PE 13 it on top of that.

i had Lineage OS 17 (Android 10). So I installed MIUI Fastboot rom first, using MIUI flash tool and then dirty flashed the latest PE13 plus update

NiceSk1ll3r

Aug 6, 2020
Sorry if stupid question, but can double tap to sleep be added so it works from home screen also and not only status bar?
Otherwise, great ROM, everything working so far. :)

neo937

Aug 22, 2013
Clean flash from ArrowOS, when unlock pattern is set to 4x4, it's still visible on lock screen, even if I later set it to 3x3, but the unlock points seems to be matching 3x3 pattern. Please take a look at this.

aashirwad

Jan 1, 2016
PS: couple of more things.
1) there is no pocket mode in ambient display settings (So that screen doesn't respond to touch while in a pocket). There is a "pocket" gesture to pulse notification after removing from the pocket. Screen accidentally responds to touches while inside pocket

2) this is a bug: when watching a video on youtube/VLC (more often on vlc) when I want to exit the player, the swipe to go back doesn't work. I have to open recent to clear the app.

3) the payment screen rapid flash glitch thing only happens when the payment app is re-directed from another app (for eg. a ticket booking app or food ordering app). The payment processing screen doesn't flash when I pay by opening the payment app.

4)bug: You can't touch 1 cm under the volume control floater/slider panel after changing volume level or just after opening the slider panel

5)Switching the hotspot on and off from lock screen dropdown notification bar isn't possible without unlocking the screen first. Is there any way to do so without unlocking the phone?
latest update is lagging to much. App opening/scrolling/sliding/. Please look into it too👍🏻. Also another issue is that some apps like flight booking/myjio-rechage app and Google pay app, after payment/ticket confirmation, the confirmation screen flashes rapidly (everytime during payment in gpay). Did anyone reading the forum face the issue? Confirm please.

Last edited:

lxjin81

Apr 28, 2023
JP
Thanks for your great porting rom.

I have some questions about how to boot with my compiled kernel form pe's offical kernel repository
I Got the mi 9t's kernel source form this repo:
This KERNEL REPO : https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_sm6150 .
kerenl build is successful, and got the Image and Image.gz kernel file.

Then run this command:
fastboot boot Image.gz
it report job is ok.
But the device cann't to be boot, just show black screen.

I compare the kernel (extract from official rom's boot.img) with my compiled kernel file(Image.gz)
File's size is same,

This is the kernel file from your pe offical rom
$ ls -lth kernel
-rw-r--r-- 1 kali kali 18M Apr 22 14:33 kernel

And this is the my comstom compied kernel file form the pe's office device_kenel repository :
ls -lth Image.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 kali kali 18M Apr 22 14:28 Image.gz

But file format is diffrent:
This is the offical kernel format info in the boot.img
DECIMAL HEXADECIMAL DESCRIPTION
0 0x0 gzip compressed data, maximum compression, from Unix, last modified: 1970-01-01 00:00:00 (null date)
18206375 0x115CEA7 Flattened device tree, size: 398190 bytes, version: 17
18499783 0x11A48C7 Unix path: /dev/block/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc/by-name/vendor

And this is the file format of my compiled kernel file: Image.gz
DECIMAL HEXADECIMAL DESCRIPTION
0 0x0 gzip compressed data, maximum compression, from Unix, last modified: 1970-01-01 00:00:00 (null date)
7141822 0x6CF9BE MySQL MISAM index file Version 5
11343482 0xAD167A xz compressed data

I dont know what's wrong with my compiled kernel.
Please guide me how to boot the device with my compiled kernel, thanks

Best Regards!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the difference between 13 and 13 Plus?
    Is a camera app preinstalled? If yes which?
    Both have same camera (AOSP camera app). Plus has a couple additions like statusbar icons, battery icon, time location, long press power button for torch etc.

Regular PE seems more stable than plus version.
    Thank you very much
    Hello,
    Thank you for your excellent work.
    I installed the latest version of the PixelExperience Plus ROM. I notice that the authentication of the fingerprint is very slow and many times the fingerprint is not recognized. I've already eliminated them and reconfigured them but it's still the same. Is there any way to improve performance?
    Is there a way to delete the date from the main screen? (I have a widget that already contains this information)

I noticed that if I have the brightness of the phone in auto mode it is constantly changing and if it's too low I can't unlock it using my fingerprint. If I put it in manual mode with about 75/80% brightness I can already unlock it, however it is slower than MIUI.
    Well, after 2+ weeks of using Plus version, I think it's a really good ROM. I would recommend it for day to day use. Thank you ad1tyas1ngh :)

Battery life is good. Regular 10 hours of screen time.
    There is some weird minor issue with battery statistics. It's not getting reset even after charging to 100%.
    Overall smooth, rarely get tiny lags / delays. But I guess it's great for this hardware and latest Android version.

GPS position lock is fast / instant. Way, way faster than on my previous Android 10 MSM ROM. Also most of things are faster on this ROM compared to old MSM Extended build. Instant screen composition after unlocking is really noticeable and nice.

Fingerprint scanner is also fast. I don't know if it's faster than MIUI. Haven't used MIUI in a really long time. Never got "Not recognized" error. Not sure why in orion1313's case it's slow. Could be because of firmware. I'm using latest stable V12.5.2.0.RFJCNXM (China) for Redmi K20.

NFC (Google Pay) and bank apps work without issues even with root.

Most of previously mentioned issues I experienced after flashing disappeared in 1-2 days.

3jmGyjb.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 / Mi 9T [davinci/davinciin]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Great to see another rom for davinci. Thank you!

Do you have any plans to release a microG (nonGoogle) version of this rom?
    https://microg.org/
    good job! the system is very fast and the battery lasts a long time