- Sep 18, 2022
I'm leaning towards it not being a bluetooth issue based on a new workaround I found. From my open gitlab issue ticket:If it is indeed a bluetooth stack issue, that would explain why it works on your desktop, but not on your device. As I am guessing the adb port forwards are probably sending the wireless communications over the usb cable for the emulated setup, which bypasses the bluetooth stack and thus wouldn't be affected by issues in that.
I wonder if thisFound a workaround by purchasing an AAWireless dongle and using wireless Android Auto with LOS19 build 20221001 and my GM-branded car.
Dongle would not work initially until I enabled its "GM Fix" setting which according to their FAQ in the background does essentially this:
adb shell setprop debug.car.skip_frx true
I do not know how to run that command on my LOS19 while it's connected to my car head unit and do not know if it will affect AA for other cars, but was hoping it would help developers narrow down the issue in my logcat logs. For now, I can live with using wireless Android Auto with LOS19 but would prefer using USB connection to my car.
Their FAQ: https://cpeb.freshdesk.com/support/...l-not-start-up-car-shows-searching-for-phone-
The above skip_frx appears to be the same thing as when I earlier tested LOS19 with the desktop-head-unit.exe where I enabled AA developer mode on the phone.